Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Southampton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

“Sheff U are a very limited side from what I’ve seen on MotD. Having momentum from last season is fine but will only carry them so far”

Ah 2017/18 season comment, long time no see, how have you been? Been on holiday at all? How’s the kids?

“But they are a limited side in terms of quality.”

And you have brought you’re old friend with you..

“Fingers-crossed Adams does “an Abraham” and scores goals against defences he’s used to scoring against.”

Eh?

"Our high press and non-stop effort style will not suit them at all and as long as we turn up for the first half on the day it should be a comfortable win, even 0-3 perhaps.”

Ok

"Blades so far remind me of Hudds two years ago. They’ve got a good fighting spirit and they’ve kept their momentum going from the end of their promotion season. But they are a limited side in terms of quality "

Oh fuck off lol

For many years I was impressed by the Saints and their academy, with an identity of bringing through young players and playing decent football.

But they are now possibly the most meh, boring team in the league. I don't really see the point of them to be honest.

"That means keeping it tight at the back whilst taking our chances up front"

Bloody hell. Who is this tactical genius? Is Pep a Southampton fan on the quiet?

I can't believe no one has thought of this before!

Nigel Adkins was manager there for three years so the "keep it out at one end, stick it in the net at the other" mantra clearly got ingrained.

I've always quite liked Southampton, whilst we were in the lower leagues they were the prem team I always rooted for. I liked their youth setup and players. It's a shame they lacked the ability to keep hold of their stars. They could easily have been a top 6, pushing top 4, team if some of the players they've had had stuck around rather than jumping ship.

Last edited:

Yet another set of fans that think their team is better than the opposition and might come and win. Who'd have thought it possible, thank God we never think like that?

I'm offended to the max, until the after match view from and then it'll go up a few more notches I'm sure!

Que the “worse performance I’ve seen from saints”, “they weren’t that good it was us who was terrible” “how are we losing to Sheffield united” comments if we win!

Mostly reasonable comments. Nicolaus_Copernicus favourite player, Nathan Redmond is missing so we have a chance.

This is a game we can compete in and have a chance of winning. They aren't as good as Leicester and they got whupped by Burnley being direct and bypassing their press. If we can get Norwood on the ball, playing it to whoever plays up top and get players forward from there I think we can do some real damage

Football fans are clueless really, I don't know anything about how Southampton play so not going to say they'll be shit or great. All I know is we can play our way and we can easily win. These comments from there are just so untrue and uneducated.

At the beginning of the season we were Cardiff 2.0 now were the new huddersfield, does that mean we're improving? I don't know

About the same....the Cardiff reference meant, "physical, industrial and basic, (copyright Garth Crooks)" however after a few games where we have showed what we can do we are now being compared to Huddersfield as "tryers with a fighting spirit".....either way we're doomed!

Back
Top Bottom