Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Man City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

“I’d like to see them make it back to the Prem. Even though they were the red and white side of Sheffield, I felt in the 1980s that they were the city’s underdog club and I had more affinity with them for that reason. Add the fact that they have two of our young players on loan this season and I’d welcome them back up.”

From a real Manchester City fan

Ha, ha. I posted that. It's not on the pre-match thread on the main forum but on the Championship thread on the General Football forum, so credit to Roy for his thorough research.

Interesting that the reception of City fans' comments this time seems favourable in this thread, by and large. People here thought we were a real bunch of arrogant twats the last time the clubs met in the league. (Not defending that - a lot of the views deserved such a reception.)

Anyway, I can't say that I'd like the best team to win as I hope City prevail whether the better side or not. But I hope the Blades go up and prosper.

"This is the biggest event in the club's history for decades".

Over the past 3 decades we've had three other FA Cup semi finals, in which (unlike now) European football was likely had we made the final - one of these semis against Wednesday. We've also had three Play Off finals with a PL place at stake. And a crunch match at home to Wigan where a win was needed to retain our PL status.

Four other FA Cup Semi-Finals.

"This is the biggest event in the club’s history in decades. "
Is that our friendly resident 'man city' fan talking? Biggest event in decades my arse 🤪

“Biggest game in the their clubs history for decades”

You mean since the last semi final 9 years ago.

Ha, ha. I posted that. It's not on the pre-match thread on the main forum but on the Championship thread on the General Football forum, so credit to Roy for his thorough research.

Interesting that the reception of City fans' comments this time seems favourable in this thread, by and large. People here thought we were a real bunch of arrogant twats the last time the clubs met in the league. (Not defending that - a lot of the views deserved such a reception.)

Anyway, I can't say that I'd like the best team to win as I hope City prevail whether the better side or not. But I hope the Blades go up and prosper.

I hope the worst team wins, which is us by a country mile. Can't see how we keep you out or lay a glove after watching you destroy Byern Munich, We'll give it a good go though!

"This is the biggest event in the club's history for decades".

Over the past 3 decades we've had three other FA Cup semi finals, in which (unlike now) European football was likely had we made the final - one of these semis against Wednesday. We've also had three Play Off finals with a PL place at stake. And a crunch match at home to Wigan where a win was needed to retain our PL status.
Thanks. You just saved me typing this out.

Can't be arsed to read all the replies but "knackered old squad" what the fuck does a man City fan know about us. Seriously though we play 46 league games they play 38. They've only played about 30 ,we've played 42 league games that's 12 games advantage to start with. They could and have bought anyone they want, we have had a transfer embargo. Let's kick some legs blades.

I'd argue that the match against Bristol was bigger than this match against Manchester.
May be for the club, but as a supporter fuck the premier league just full of cheats from top to bottom and don't get me going on VAR. Can't wait to hear all the sqeels and rolly-pollys from palace and Bournemouth again, totally embarrassed to be a football fan in that shitty league.

Good to see you on here again petrusha, is it really only 45 messages, or were you on a different forum before this?

Against a very good footballing side, I hope Grealish ends up with a permanent Indusrial scar for his new parting, courtesy of JLT of course. 😋

Shame that "McAteer" can't play later. Hopefully Narwood and Flick are up to the challenge.

I think that some of the post match comments last time were a bit snooty which riled us up!. It could’ve been from new fans who have only seen City being brilliant in the Prem (I don’t mean bandwagon jumpers, just younger fans). I suppose if all you have seen is your team spend enormous sums of cash and win everything playing great footy, you will think teams like us are thuggish Neanderthals.
I really feel it would do a lot of team’s fans some good to spend a few seasons in League One and Championship to see what it’s like to have to drag yourself up. Older City fans of course will know this!
Anyway hope you have a good day until 4:45!

Yes
Ndayie, Fleck, McAtee, Sharp, Norwood, Doyle, Osborn, Stevens
All huge,

Add to that our biggest player hasn't got an ounce of physicality in him
But Robinson more than makes up for them all

"Sheff Utd look a big and industrial side"

Well, there it is..

Overall some decent comments, less said about "Sheffield" the better. Why do I think we can shithouse a 1-0 win..?

Can't be arsed to read all the replies but "knackered old squad" what the fuck does a man City fan know about us. Seriously though we play 46 league games they play 38. They've only played about 30 ,we've played 42 league games that's 12 games advantage to start with. They could and have bought anyone they want, we have had a transfer embargo. Let's kick some legs blades.
I got to wondering about this too, so I counted them up. They've played 49 games in all competitions, we've played 47.

While they travel a lot further than we do, I'd wager we'd all choose private jet and five star hotel in Munich over bus and Premier Inn in Cardiff.

Thanks Roy.

Pretty fair & agreeable, but then again they can afford to be as we are no threat to them. Let's see what they say after Furious & JLT have left a mark or two!

Thanks Roy.

Pretty fair & agreeable, but then again they can afford to be as we are no threat to them. Let's see what they say after Furious & JLT have left a mark or two!
Will you just stop it! We need both of those to get our 2 points or is it 3, I've lost count.😱

I think that some of the post match comments last time were a bit snooty which riled us up!. It could’ve been from new fans who have only seen City being brilliant in the Prem (I don’t mean bandwagon jumpers, just younger fans). I suppose if all you have seen is your team spend enormous sums of cash and win everything playing great footy, you will think teams like us are thuggish Neanderthals.
I really feel it would do a lot of team’s fans some good to spend a few seasons in League One and Championship to see what it’s like to have to drag yourself up. Older City fans of course will know this!
Anyway hope you have a good day until 4:45!

In terms of being annoyed at comments that seemed a bit snooty, I can see where Blades fans were coming from. And yes, younger Man City fans like my grandson and nephew, who've only known lavishly funded success, really don't know they're born. They laugh at me for my ingrained pessimism - as an old-school fan, I still won't believe we aren't going to screw things up until the margin of the lead exceeds the number of minutes remaining, including added time. :)

Good to see you on here again petrusha, is it really only 45 messages, or were you on a different forum before this?

Thanks, Trigger Blade. Thinking back, I first appeared on the SUISA forum in 1999, which seems like another lifetime now, to ask whether Blades thought that Gareth Taylor was as hopeless as he seemed to me. Taylor actually is still around at City, coaching the women's team, and still attracting lots of stick on our message boards from the fans who follow that team.

I continued to post on the VP site after SUISA, but lost a bit of interest around 2007, partly because of stuff going on in my personal life and partly down to Bryan Robson. But I returned in 2009, finding this board, because the Blades had just lost in the play-offs and I was hoping to observe an automatic promotion season. I've visited regularly since then but have mainly lurked, though I occasionally find my way to posting - usually when my own team becomes a topic of discussion.

Quotes from the train journey down from Manchester surrounded by city fans:

"They're a small team from Yorkshire"

"It's only sheffield united"

"We should be resting everyone against these"

"When we get to the final..."

Urgh God I hate them. Please can we at least make them worry for a bit

A message to Pep and his advisors!

There is still time! Still time to pull Haaland and DeBruyne out of today's squad and rescue your chances of silverware this season.

Sheffield United aren't your normal opponents, they are Football league hardmen for crying out loud. They'll kick you, tackle you and there will be knocks! Is that what you need before wednesday!?!?

Just go with the reserves! They'll have the energy and alertness to jump out of the worst challenges. And you'll probably still win.

Best wishes.

View attachment VID_20230422_125933647.mp4

Back
Top Bottom