Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Man City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

"This is the biggest event in the club's history for decades".

Over the past 3 decades we've had three other FA Cup semi finals, in which (unlike now) European football was likely had we made the final - one of these semis against Wednesday. We've also had three Play Off finals with a PL place at stake. And a crunch match at home to Wigan where a win was needed to retain our PL status.

The Doyle worth £40 million comment is a strange one. I like Doyle both for his attitude and his effort. He is a sound footballer who should hopefully enjoy a Premiership career. But he is not worth £40 million today or ever! He would only go for £20 million if someone over paid. Unfortunately for him he will never play more than a hand full of games for Man City and they will be in the EFL Cup or dead Champions League games. Man City will always sign ready made foreign players, despite their claims they are not bothered about developing their own. The sooner Doyle realises this the better for his career. At his age he needs to be playing proper football, football that counts, that winning or losing has consequences. For him it is heart versus head! Anything next season for him other than playing first team football is a step backwards.

Pretty fair overall, plus can't knock the ones who say they should win.
This makes it even more exciting.
It is tomorrow isn't it dad?

“I’d like to see them make it back to the Prem. Even though they were the red and white side of Sheffield, I felt in the 1980s that they were the city’s underdog club and I had more affinity with them for that reason. Add the fact that they have two of our young players on loan this season and I’d welcome them back up.”

From a Man City fan.

“Wholesale changes, for me. Feel bad for the traveling fans but with such a thin squad, this is, by far, the least important fixture remaining.”

Don't think this City fan is going to Wembley.

"This is the biggest event in the club's history for decades".

Over the past 3 decades we've had three other FA Cup semi finals, in which (unlike now) European football was likely had we made the final - one of these semis against Wednesday. We've also had three Play Off finals with a PL place at stake. And a crunch match at home to Wigan where a win was needed to retain our PL status.
And 2 league cup semi finals too.

Back
Top Bottom