Potential flashpoints/trouble tomorrow....?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was suggesting any trouble or conflict would be more between the Scousers and SYP......
I get that mate but why we are 30 years after the fact even they can move on surely who knows, I hope there is no trouble put it that way.

Could be a few flashpoints if we turn the light display on again after it's successful debut the other night...

Hmmm I didn’t seem much love about before the SF at Anfield in the pubs I was in or they were bricking the coach windows after the game travelling out of scouse land ..but then again they are all lovable rogues who were all born with the belief that they are stand up comedians eh lar , ohh sorry I’m just been stereotypical now I wouldn’t want to offend ..and PS from my own point of view what has the events of what happened over in S6 that fateful day in 89 got to do with us ???

I remember the legendary Scouse wit at the Anfield SF - the wrestle a United player to the ground it's okay play on game - when we sang "you're gonna win fuck all" and they instantly came back with "you've never won fuck all".

I’m fearing the apocalypse tomorrow, I really am; a total and utter break down of law and order in S2. I fully suspect there could be as many as 5 arrests. The animosity between us and Liverpool is legendary. Off. The. Scale. If they have fans in the home end?!? I mean look what happened to those Spurs fans in the south stand when we played in the league cup. Absolutely. Nothing. 🙄
It was the League Cup semi final second leg at Anfield.

‘Twas ‘lively’ both home & away, if my memory serves me correctly. Possibly the ‘liveliness’ of the 1st leg influenced the ‘liveliness’ of the 2nd?

I do hope our lot are classy enough not to start singing, "always the victim, it's never your fault" but I'm not holding my breath
Whereas I'd view that as a perfectly well earned reputation, and consider it fair game.

I suppose I'm not very classy. :)

Could be a few flashpoints if we turn the light display on again after it's successful debut the other night...
I thought it had all gone up behind me on Wednesday evening, there was a kid proper going for it during the light show, turned out he just had epilepsy.

I’m fearing the apocalypse tomorrow, I really am; a total and utter break down of law and order in S2. I fully suspect there could be as many as 5 arrests. The animosity between us and Liverpool is legendary. Off. The. Scale. If they have fans in the home end?!? I mean look what happened to those Spurs fans in the south stand when we played in the league cup. Absolutely. Nothing. 🙄

‘Twas ‘lively’ both home & away, if my memory serves me correctly. Possibly the ‘liveliness’ of the 1st leg influenced the ‘liveliness’ of the 2nd?

We were in a pub in walking distance of Anfield with some Everton fans.

Bearing in mind it is the first game in Sheffield for Liverpool FC following the Hillsborough verdict I can't see their fans being over friendly with SYP! Add to that the Scouse fans have a reputation for doubling up through turnstiles, travelling without tickets in numbers and finding a way into the home end and it could be quite interesting! I'm looking forward to the walk from and back to the train station!

I do hope our lot are classy enough not to start singing, "always the victim, it's never your fault" but I'm not holding my breath, even though it could be seen as a chance to rejoice in a mutual hatred of Sheffield Wednesday!

Has anyone heard if the barriers will be up post match, I can't see them not being to be honest!

Stay safe one and all...!
Might be some near burger van when they smell Meat!!!

At least these are a set of fans that we can sing "sign on" to. Makes a change from Forest singing it to us.

I bet their "Allez Allez Allez" is better than ours as well. Might be best left alone tomorrow as we nicked it from them.
Makes me smile when Forest sing this, as they now have the lowest average wage of all the core cities, and higher unemployment than Sheffield. :)

Claims on Facebook that 12,000 Liverpool fans are descending on Sheffield tomorrow....the extra 9,000 must be coming for the climate change protest....😂

Also reports of a lot of BDTBL Upper tickets ending up in Liverpool hands...more fool those that have moved them on if so.

I really hope we don't go there with the always the victims stuff because to me that surely means you think that they are to blame and not the police. I've nothing against Liverpool fans although I don't particularly like Liverpool FC because I felt they cheated us twice in 2006/07 and the league cup in 2003 left a bitter taste from their behavior.

Also so many of their fans come from all over the world and whilst I totally get that that comes with success I much prefer Everton as a more down to earth club.

I've no doubt the crowd will be rocking tomorrow and we can certainly make it as hard as we can for them whatever the score.

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that a bunch on twats from Liverpool will turn up without tickets, with the sole aim of causing as much trouble for SYP (no link to us other than the fact we are in their jurisdiction) outside the ground. Nothing to do with the people who are there to watch the game. They may even believe that SYP have been told to have a very light touch tomorrow? I have no idea if that will be true or not but if there is any Police "brutality" it will be on the front page of the papers on Sunday.

It's the first visit to here since the verdict that put all the blame on the Police. It's the most emotive subject in the last 40 years of British football and I'd love to see that everyone involved from SYP/Liverpool would treat those that died with the respect anyone in that situation would deserve, regardless of your thoughts on who's fault anything was. But that won't stop scroats using it as an excuse to do scroaty stuff. Absolutely nothing to do with the game and I very much doubt anyone is stupid enough to do anything other than have a banner and sing derogatory songs during a live Sky game and under the glare of CCTV.

I really hope we don't go there with the always the victims stuff because to me that surely means you think that they are to blame and not the police. I've nothing against Liverpool fans although I don't particularly like Liverpool FC because I felt they cheated us twice in 2006/07 and the league cup in 2003 left a bitter taste from their behavior.

Also so many of their fans come from all over the world and whilst I totally get that that comes with success I much prefer Everton as a more down to earth club.

I've no doubt the crowd will be rocking tomorrow and we can certainly make it as hard as we can for them whatever the score.
I'd agree but I've met a huge amount of Liverpool fans I've really not liked and as a general rule they are an unbelievably arrogant bunch (with admitted exceptions). A lot of the worst have been the plastic glory hunter types from Sheffield but I've been there enough times to know it has it's own "special" atmosphere as well.

Also reports of a lot of BDTBL Upper tickets ending up in Liverpool hands...more fool those that have moved them on if so.

If that's the case shame on them and I trust the club will be deleting them from the database. It won't be too difficult to identify who supplied the tickets from the seat numbers if the scousers start leaping up and down. What some folk will do for a few quid.

Think the biggest flash-point will be after 5-6 minutes, when Lunny absolutely annihilates one of their big hitters :)
And smashes the ferking ball through the back of the net in the 99th minute to win 1-0 and it kidenypunches a 99 yr old fan in the BLUT....
biggest flash point will be is when floodlights say ferk off to all the silly flashing and go on strike....in the words of citizen smith "power to the floodies...."
#bladesfansandlunnyareaferklingdisgrace

I'd agree but I've met a huge amount of Liverpool fans I've really not liked and as a general rule they are an unbelievably arrogant bunch (with admitted exceptions). A lot of the worst have been the plastic glory hunter types from Sheffield but I've been there enough times to know it has it's own "special" atmosphere as well.

The fans of the big 6 who are not from where they support will generally be arrogant. There's two Man U fans at work where I am, one's a bit an arse and bet me Wilder would be sacked this season so there's £20 to gain when he doesn't get sacked (as if Wilder would be sacked!), the other wishes us to do well and we always talk Dean Henderson. I work in Grimsby and there's probably more Liverpool and Man U fans than Grimsby and even though I'm not from Grimsby it drives me mad to see people not supporting their local team. They say Grimsby are crap but if everyone who likes Man U and Liverpool supported Grimsby, they'd get 10,000 plus.

never had an issue with Liverpool indeed before the semi me an my old man brother and grandad were drinking in the albert, an d to be fair couldnt have been nicer some scallys even gave up their table for my grandad to sit down.

if theyve got anything against us its more to do with SYP who thoroughly deserve everything they get, christ they couldnt even handle the local derby last year also remember the steel wall that get sdragged out when they need to charge more for a game.

they were the victims at hillsborough not only is it a fact it is also the decision of the court, and that is down to swfc, and syp

Back
Top Bottom