Potential flashpoints/trouble tomorrow....?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Torrix1889

A reight Bobby Dazzler
Reaction score
Bearing in mind it is the first game in Sheffield for Liverpool FC following the Hillsborough verdict I can't see their fans being over friendly with SYP! Add to that the Scouse fans have a reputation for doubling up through turnstiles, travelling without tickets in numbers and finding a way into the home end and it could be quite interesting! I'm looking forward to the walk from and back to the train station!

I do hope our lot are classy enough not to start singing, "always the victim, it's never your fault" but I'm not holding my breath, even though it could be seen as a chance to rejoice in a mutual hatred of Sheffield Wednesday!

Has anyone heard if the barriers will be up post match, I can't see them not being to be honest!

Stay safe one and all...!

There has already been a thread like this which didn’t end well for Bill.

Let’s not whip up trouble for the sake of it.

OK, hadn't seen it....I'm certainly not trying to whip up trouble, why would I do that?

Just looked, can't see another thread??? Anyway, feel free to delete Foxy or Linz

OK, hadn't seen it....I'm certainly not trying to whip up trouble, why would I do that?

Just looked, can't see another thread??? Anyway, feel free to delete Foxy or Linz

It got removed, though from what I recall the original post on it was a bit inflammatory, whereas yours seems well intentioned (but I do think it's a subject best left alone)

Edit: on the subject of flashpoints tomorrow isn't there some big eco rally going on in town that could block all the roads?

Bantz based on Hillsborough is never a goer. The reason they might resent Wednesday is related the death of scores of friends and relations. The reason we do is because of competing over kicking a bag of wind about on a field.

Just don’t go there thinking there’s any joint banter to be enjoyed.

One thing is for certain, there will be less teeth in the away end than in my mouth.

When Liverpool have a game at Hillsborough, do they do anything to commemorate it?

When Jags scores in front of the Bramall Lane end late in the second half to give us the lead against the run of play, it could cause some tensions. 😉

Think the biggest flash-point will be after 5-6 minutes, when Lunny absolutely annihilates one of their big hitters :)
The correct verb is 'to Grealish' as in "Salah is now a real doubt for next weeks Champions League tie after being absolutely fucking Grealished by Lundstram in the 15th minute. The score here remains Sheffield United 2-0 Liverpool, back to you Jeff"

Are people hoping for trouble? I cannot think of any reason Liverpool fans would have a problem with us, other than if we win. They've had said some complimentary things that I've read hope all goes well tomorrow and, United just edge a victory it would be blinking hard fought mind.

Are people hoping for trouble? I cannot think of any reason Liverpool fans would have a problem with us, other than if we win. They've had said some complimentary things that I've read hope all goes well tomorrow and, United just edge a victory it would be blinking hard fought mind.
No more than they have a problem with anyone who doesn't agree with them. Just because a few have commented on how we play doesn't mean the rest will behave like perfect gentlemen, especially when they've been in 'Spoons since breakfast.

I was suggesting any trouble or conflict would be more between the Scousers and SYP......

When Liverpool have a game at Hillsborough, do they do anything to commemorate it?

Yes of course. I’m sure some of their fans will be visiting the memorials outside Hillsborough and on Middlewood Road tomorrow as well.

We seem to have cracked down very hard on home fans behaviour over the last few years but seems very easy and quite common for away fans to get on to the pitch to celebrate goals at the Lane. Can see this being the most likely cause of problems at a match at some point particularly with the bigger away followings now.

At least these are a set of fans that we can sing "sign on" to. Makes a change from Forest singing it to us.

I bet their "Allez Allez Allez" is better than ours as well. Might be best left alone tomorrow as we nicked it from them.

Bearing in mind it is the first game in Sheffield for Liverpool FC following the Hillsborough verdict I can't see their fans being over friendly with SYP! Add to that the Scouse fans have a reputation for doubling up through turnstiles, travelling without tickets in numbers and finding a way into the home end and it could be quite interesting! I'm looking forward to the walk from and back to the train station!

I do hope our lot are classy enough not to start singing, "always the victim, it's never your fault" but I'm not holding my breath, even though it could be seen as a chance to rejoice in a mutual hatred of Sheffield Wednesday!

Has anyone heard if the barriers will be up post match, I can't see them not being to be honest!

Stay safe one and all...!
Be interesting to see some evidence of your claims mate. Do you work for SYP.?😱

Be interesting to see some evidence of your claims mate. Do you work for SYP.?😱

What claims, I haven't made any????

If you mean the rumours of Liverpool fans regularly travelling without tickets and jumping turnstiles, they are well known rumours!

We seem to have cracked down very hard on home fans behaviour over the last few years but seems very easy and quite common for away fans to get on to the pitch to celebrate goals at the Lane. Can see this being the most likely cause of problems at a match at some point particularly with the bigger away followings now.

This is very true given that the Millwall fans were allowed to get away with it scot free after looting that Spar shop a couple of years ago. It may be advisable for all the shops around the station to pull their shutters down tomorrow given the scousers' penchant for thievery. As you say, if Blades fans had been responsible for those shenanigans SYP would still be hunting them down now.

I bet their "Allez Allez Allez" is better than ours as well. Might be best left alone tomorrow as we nicked it from them.

………………..and only about 10% of our fans know the words!

What claims, I haven't made any????

If you mean the rumours of Liverpool fans regularly travelling without tickets and jumping turnstiles, they are well known rumours!
"Scouse fans have a reputation for" is the phrase and no mention of the word rumour? Where are these well know rumours,In the Sun?😉.Are you sure you're not stereotyping in the same tabloidesque fashion mate. It's not helpful for the majority of decent law abiding football fans to be tarred with a very well worn brush😉.

Back
Top Bottom