Pommpey.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The fire suppression is a little more than a couple of these... which is why its ever so handy when someone sets off a smoke bomb on the concourse setting them off and requiring replacement of the catering facilities.
Serious question, no piss taking, but does this /has this happened? I can understand that there would be a sprinkler system in the offices and facilities under the stand but does this extend to the concourses because try as I might I don't see a lot to catch fire in a mainly concrete stand and would think the food outlets would be better protected with hand held extinguishers as a fire here would be either a fat fire or an electrical fire.

Serious question, no piss taking, but does this /has this happened? I can understand that there would be a sprinkler system in the offices and facilities under the stand but does this extend to the concourses because try as I might I don't see a lot to catch fire in a mainly concrete stand and would think the food outlets would be better protected with hand held extinguishers as a fire here would be either a fat fire or an electrical fire.

After Bradford, there were a whole load of requirements installed in grounds. Some were implemented, some done to minimum required standards to bring risk down ALARP.

Recommend anyone reads the recent Fletcher book on Bradford. It is scary stuff.

pommpey

So let's take stock. We've brought in numerous players of significant quality and let one reserve go. Anyone with the slightest trace of common sense will regard that as a very good month's work. Knee-Jerkers and sailors on a mission will now decide that Ramsdale is the new Peter Shilton, despite never having seen him play.

Ah, I think I've just recognised the problem...

Pubs shut, Clapton?

How's the pro game and your shitloads of cash?

pommpey

I do a decent Clapton, although only Clapton does a perfect Clapton. I do a better Glimour. And the cash is just fine. How's the boat building going? Why aren't you in Barrow-in-Furness? Delegation?

So let's take stock. We've brought in numerous players of significant quality and let one reserve go. Anyone with the slightest trace of common sense will regard that as a very good month's work. Knee-Jerkers and sailors on a mission will now decide that Ramsdale is the new Peter Shilton, despite never having seen him play.

Ah, I think I've just recognised the problem...

He played against Bolton in the FA Cup.

Also if you read what was written back in December anyone would have thought Wilder and Knill saw Ramsdale as our number 2 keeper. He pretty much said George Long can go and explore his options.

He played against Bolton in the FA Cup.

Also if you read what was written back in December anyone would have thought Wilder and Knill saw Ramsdale as our number 2 keeper. He pretty much said George Long can go and explore his options.

Quite right. Calamity George is appalling. Tufty says Bournemouth made an offer that exceeded our valuation. The transfer market is exactly that. You buy; you sell. Is anyone seriously suggesting that we would have had a better window by not recruiting the players we have, but keeping Ramsdale?

Bring on the S2 St. Vitus' Dancers....

Quite right. Calamity George is appalling. Tufty says Bournemouth made an offer that exceeded our valuation. The transfer market is exactly that. You buy; you sell. Is anyone seriously suggesting that we would have had a better window by not recruiting the players we have, but keeping Ramsdale?

Bring on the S2 St. Vitus' Dancers....

Well we have Calamity George as our number 2 now.

Isn't that just lovely stuff.

I do a decent Clapton, although only Clapton does a perfect Clapton. I do a better Glimour. And the cash is just fine. How's the boat building going? Why aren't you in Barrow-in-Furness? Delegation?

I'd sooner watch the England football team than listen to Clapton. Mark Knopfler, George Benson and Jose Feliciano for me.

Pure football for you Pinchy. I'm sure that TC would approve. Enjoy.

Well we have Calamity George as our number 2 now.

Isn't that just lovely stuff.

It's not ideal, but it's not a crisis either. There are loan provisions, I believe? More importantly, the overwhelming likelihood is that Simon Moore will remain fit and no other keeper will be used in any event. The matter can then be addressed in the Summer. However, it's disingenuous to pretend [not you necessarily, but others will] that the Transfer Window has been anything but a very good one, simply because we've accepted an excessive offer for a reserve goalkeeper. I seem to remember Calamity George was regarded as even more of a 'must not sell' before people looked beyond the 'England' bollocks and realised he was shite.

I'm afraid some will get their bell-bottoms in a twist and get dem knees a jerkin' at the slightest, most spurious excuse to knock the club they claim to support, even [would you believe?] procuring a top quality pitch for good footballers to play on. '

It's not ideal, but it's not a crisis either. There are loan provisions, I believe? More importantly, the overwhelming likelihood is that Simon Moore will remain fit and no other keeper will be used in any event. The matter can then be addressed in the Summer. However, it's disingenuous to pretend [not you necessarily, but others will] that the Transfer Window has been anything but a very good one, simply because we've accepted an excessive offer for a reserve goalkeeper. I seem to remember Calamity George was regarded as even more of a 'must not sell' before people looked beyond the 'England' bollocks and realised he was shite.

I'm afraid some will get their bell-bottoms in a twist and get dem knees a jerkin' at the slightest, most spurious excuse to knock the club they claim to support, even [would you believe?] procuring a top quality pitch for good footballers to play on. '

Well we are banking on Moore not getting injured. A Simon Moore who is not in the best of form at the moment either.

I am sick of selling our young players, simple as that really. Annoyed that we allowed the Ramsdale contract situation to get to that point coupled with the fact it was only a month or so ago he was being talked up as our number 2 keeper. He actually did alright against Bolton as well

As usual we rarely cover ourselves in key positions and I would say decent keeper cover is vital.

Bolton fans are not happy with the price they got for Clough but their club us up shit creek without a paddle unlike us.

Back
Top Bottom