Poll: Saturday Protest

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Best protest for Saturday

• Walk out on 5 or 6 minutes

• Walk out on 84 minutes

• Walk out just after 2nd half GCB

• Tennis balls on the pitch

• Refusal to sing GCB

• Other - post below

Results are only viewable after voting.
If you want to make a protest.
Read up about what "Gate 13" did to protest against the Greek Sports Minister closing down the "Gate 13 & 14" of their stadium.

"Gate 13" are the Panathanaikos supporters, 5000+ who stand in that part of the Apostolos Nikolaidis.

Since you've asked, I chose "Walk out just after 2nd half GCB" as you still get to watch a bit of football for your money, but it's early enough to create a big enough impact. Anyway, I'll leave it there for now because as I saw said on here a while ago, it's never good to engage in a battle with an unarmed opponent.

It's okay.
You go and get whatever weapons of choice you need.
I'm doing fine just watchin' that big hole you started diggin' just get bigger and bigger and bigger.
Page Three soon...

By the way, you walking out of BDTBL after the second-half GCB caused a big enough impact?

Bring on that explanation. Playing the post, NOT the poster.

Last edited:
Voted other - chants of "sack the board" after 1 minute (the number of decent performances this season v Bradford) to be chanted for the next 91 minutes (the number of years since we last won a major cup - obviously will have to include injury time)

"Gate 13" are the Panathanaikos supporters, 5000+ who stand in that part of the Apostolos Nikolaidis.

They are half decent at getting an atmosphere going as well those lads.

In’ ena horto magiko...

I'm just happy to know that behaving like a self centred attention seeking wankstain can be shortened to having a Barney.

Maybe a proznan or a man city as they seemed to have claimed it,everyone with there back to game would stir some fuss

I'm just happy to know that behaving like a self centred attention seeking wankstain can be shortened to having a Barney.
If you're going to get an infraction from Foxy, at least do so with a bit of style and originality. That had all the style of a Higdon vs Sammon scorpion aerial kick competition. Poor form.

Fuck the lot of ya who want to protest its not gonna accomplish anything were five points from the playoffs we could be a lot worse off than this we could be in the relegation zone like we were under weir we all know that were not getting promoted this season is it a bit too much to ask to just ride out the rest of the season and actually show the team were still gonna be at the lane next season no matter how bad we do this season

Fuck the lot of ya who want to protest its not gonna accomplish anything were five points from the playoffs we could be a lot worse off than this we could be in the relegation zone like we were under weir we all know that were not getting promoted this season is it a bit too much to ask to just ride out the rest of the season and actually show the team were still gonna be at the lane next season no matter how bad we do this season

Sorry mate but this is the problem, McCabe knows that for the most part were a loyal bunch and the majority of us will be renewing season tickets regardless of where we finish.

He'll have his 20,000 coming through the gates and still won't be arsed to put anything into the transfer kitty.

1) GCB boycott at start of first half and everyone turn their backs to the pitch in silence.
2) Giant coffin shaped flag "Sheffield United RIP"
3) Black and funeral colours for the match - no club colours. T shirts with some appropriate logo
4) Black balloons instead of tennis balls

Predictably pathetic, childish response to a perfectly reasonable poll, which anybody might easily have started. Also not sure why it matters that he's not been to a game for a while - we're not protesting against recent performances on the pitch are we?

My vote goes to tennis balls on the pitch. Because for every other option to be effective it would require significant numbers, unity and organisation - and I've got no confidence whatsoever that we'll be able to manage that.

Predictably pathetic, childish response to a perfectly reasonable poll, which anybody might easily have started. Also not sure why it matters that he's not been to a game for a while - we're not protesting against recent performances on the pitch are we?

My vote goes to tennis balls on the pitch. Because for every other option to be effective it would require significant numbers, unity and organisation - and I've got no confidence whatsoever that we'll be able to manage that.
What a rebel

My vote goes to the players balls on the pitch.

Of all the alternatives the only POSITIVE protest is the Tennis Ball option.

(I have at this point to say, I have just not been turning up much at all this season, my 'protest' is easily squared with my poverty at the moment)

Logicians out there will be able to put it better than me - but isn't there some idea that it is impossible to prove a negative? the only noticeable walkout would be a 100%ish boycott of the entire game - btw LFCs late walkout had a disastrous effect on their team's performance didn't it?

The ONLY properly visible protest in front of the TV cameras (is that necessary?), that will be noticed is by throwing tennis balls on the pitch. The TV companies will be looking for this anyway after the German protests last weekend - the fans should also insist that the balls be donated to local children's charities and schools by the club.

Thanks Barney

There needs to be a united cause to have a protest, there isn't.

A lot of people are unhappy about the way the the club is run, but there are many differing opinions on where it is going wrong and what the solution is making a protest pretty pointless whilst we don't have a common cause which we all share.

Of all the alternatives the only POSITIVE protest is the Tennis Ball option.

(I have at this point to say, I have just not been turning up much at all this season, my 'protest' is easily squared with my poverty at the moment)

Logicians out there will be able to put it better than me - but isn't there some idea that it is impossible to prove a negative? the only noticeable walkout would be a 100%ish boycott of the entire game - btw LFCs late walkout had a disastrous effect on their team's performance didn't it?

The ONLY properly visible protest in front of the TV cameras (is that necessary?), that will be noticed is by throwing tennis balls on the pitch. The TV companies will be looking for this anyway after the German protests last weekend - the fans should also insist that the balls be donated to local children's charities and schools by the club.

Tennis ball is a good option . Haven't bought a tennis ball in years . We're are we getting them from . Buy a box full from Suggs.

The board , Adkins , players and everyone on the BDTBL payroll know the fans are pissed off big time . If they don't know now they never will .

Next season will be the key on ticket sales , but no result on Saturday , the atmosphere will only get more toxic , which as well as the board and players , Adkins is not without criticism and blame. He ain't a innocent party in all this mess.

UTB

I don't think that the balloons will work - we've seen them used too often as a celebration.

Got a feeling the tennis balls are more fun. Can't hurt anyone* (so long as there isn't any aiming at players' heads) and they did it at Dortmund (was it) apart from that its a brand new thing.

*Wouldn't you love to see Costa hit on the head with a **Tennis Ball and what bodily agonies it might cause him?

** or even a Ping-pong ball for that matter!

I think not singing GCB will work, and maybe something that will be a stoppage in play (Tennis Balls).

Needs to be well planned though, because if not we will just look like a pathetic bunch of C****.

I JUST WANT MY CLUB BACK!

Back
Top Bottom