Poll Question

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Should Prince Sell Up

• Yes

Votes: 270 96.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 3.9%

• Total voters

Hang on…for the crack I checked the poll….it seems some folk think he should stay as owner!!!
Calls into question their ability to function safely in a day to day basis.

Think I’ve had enough internet for today

If the people in your street want you to sell your house would you agree to sell it for less than you valued your house? Would you agree? Definitely no!

If you've had no credible bids despite being on the market for 18 months to 2 years, your Rightmove listing would read 'price reduced as of...'

To stretch the analogy even further, if you could barely afford to keep, run and maintain the house, and other folk knew this... or indeed, if the folk began to ridicule the state of disrepair your property was in, and the amount of work it needed doing, I'm not sure you could resolutely cling to your original asking price. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Hang on…for the crack I checked the poll….it seems some folk think he should stay as owner!!!
Calls into question their ability to function safely in a day to day basis.

Think I’ve had enough internet for today
9 now, Wilder must have got the family around for Sunday lunch, supplied them with alcohol and got them to vote NO!

If I'm honest I don't get this 'sack the board' mentality and I never really have; I mean I understand the frustrations of course I do, but the owner selling provides no guarantee and IMO has no impact whatsoever in terms of on field performances.

We were at our prime for sale just after promotion which is when I understand PA was pushing to offload, and why wouldn't you, but if we were not attractive then for sale we certainly aren't now.

Anyone who thinks this football club of ours makes a substantial profit is living in cloud cuckoo land and no doubt anyone purchasing will be required to either buy the debt or do what PA originally did and inject some funds; there is no sugar daddy hanging in the wings as far as I can see it, we are just not glamourous enough...I hope I'm wrong...

I'm not putting PA on a pedestal here, but I can't think of a previous owner, who has committed funds into the team on the scale PA has done; and be honest if you had committed similar proportions of your own (or your businesses) cash into a project and had zero return, there is a point where you stop throwing cash at it.

Premier League football teams now are just rich boys play things, where they have so much money it doesn't make a dent...be honest, how may of you die hard blades would plough even half of your 143m euro millions lottery win into SUFC, knowing pretty much odds on that you'll never see it again?

UTB

The problem is that we’re the prince hear he’d be voting yes on the poll also, but we’re not exactly flush for buyers.

I don’t understand this mentality that he’s just holding on for shits and giggles, he’s openly said he’s trying to sell.

Alongside this no one knows his valuation, but keep saying to drop the price. I’d imagine his price is fair for all the assets owned.

It’s easy to negotiate downwards with other peoples money.

We’re waiting for someone with a few hundred million (or more) to continually invest with potentially minimal return and a gamble on Prem stability. Does anyone know anyone who fits the bill?

I get it, we need someone to blame, but making assumptions about sales price and then applying confirmation bias to for your own agenda isn’t the way to go.

If I'm honest I don't get this 'sack the board' mentality and I never really have; I mean I understand the frustrations of course I do, but the owner selling provides no guarantee and IMO has no impact whatsoever in terms of on field performances.

We were at our prime for sale just after promotion which is when I understand PA was pushing to offload, and why wouldn't you, but if we were not attractive then for sale we certainly aren't now.

Anyone who thinks this football club of ours makes a substantial profit is living in cloud cuckoo land and no doubt anyone purchasing will be required to either buy the debt or do what PA originally did and inject some funds; there is no sugar daddy hanging in the wings as far as I can see it, we are just not glamourous enough...I hope I'm wrong...

I'm not putting PA on a pedestal here, but I can't think of a previous owner, who has committed funds into the team on the scale PA has done; and be honest if you had committed similar proportions of your own (or your businesses) cash into a project and had zero return, there is a point where you stop throwing cash at it.

Premier League football teams now are just rich boys play things, where they have so much money it doesn't make a dent...be honest, how may of you die hard blades would plough even half of your 143m euro millions lottery win into SUFC, knowing pretty much odds on that you'll never see it again?

UTB
Exactly, the Prince is probably fed up of it all. There are no Sugar Daddies, that fans are demanding, waiting in the wings

Wonder if it's just the club or the whole United world he's after selling, said a while back he wanted to retain an interest in the club too, is the the reason we can't sell?

I voted No, just to get the No voters to double figures. I do want him to sell up and piss off though so it's really a yes.

Pointless vote and a pointless post in a pointless thread......which sane Unitedite would happily continue as we are?

If you've had no credible bids despite being on the market for 18 months to 2 years, your Rightmove listing would read 'price reduced as of...'

To stretch the analogy even further, if you could barely afford to keep, run and maintain the house, and other folk knew this... or indeed, if the folk began to ridicule the state of disrepair your property was in, and the amount of work it needed doing, I'm not sure you could resolutely cling to your original asking price. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Spot on this.

The question is a little stupid really so I've not even bothered voting.

The owner has already announced he wants to sell and explained the reasons why that he doesn't have enough money to fund a club hoping to compete properly in the Premier League. So of course the Prince should sell up....it's not exactly rocket science.

I suppose a better question night be do we sell to anyone or do we stay patience and wait to sell to someone with impressive financial backing.
Could be a case of out of the frying pan into the fire.

Also lets not forget that on many other things the Prince has been OK.
His ticket pricing is reasonable, hence our match going fanbase has grown.
Also decent communication, when it's essential (which isn't than often).
Reasonable/ sensible ambition....and trying to keep our best players....instead of Mccabe who always sold them off.

My fear is a new owner might see us as an investment hoping to make money from buying the club.
So he might have all these get rich quick schemes, share options, 10 year season tickets with much higher ticket prices.

If anyone can reckon up how much the prince has spent his own money on the club since winning the court case against McCabe, list the players he has bought permanently.will give us a better idea. I think mostly loan signings.

That's the problem we don't want to end up with someone like Chansiri who ripped off his supporters even though they are deluded. That will be no good for us many fans including myself are seniors who will not be able to renew/buy season tickets. because of ripoff prices.

We were at our prime for sale just after promotion which is when I understand PA was pushing to offload, and why wouldn't you, but if we were not attractive then for sale we certainly aren't now…

…I'm not putting PA on a pedestal here, but I can't think of a previous owner, who has committed funds into the team on the scale PA has done; and be honest if you had committed similar proportions of your own (or your businesses) cash into a project and had zero return, there is a point where you stop throwing cash at it.

At the point when we were “primed for sale”, I understand we didn’t even have an Advisory Team appointed to market us. We’ve only just done that now. It does beg the question of what on earth was the ownership thinking. We (the fans and the Owner) have missed a huge opportunity.

On the latter point, all Owners reach a point where they don’t want to or can’t put any more money in. Once they reach this point you (the fans) need them to away from your club as soon as possible. Then someone else steps in and starts the cycle again. If your Owner can’t subsidise you, you will absolutely plummet. We need him gone yesterday.

I’m glad you’re not putting the ownership on a pedestal, have you seen the last two people he’s tried to sell us to? 🤣

If anyone can reckon up how much the prince has spent his own money on the club since winning the court case against McCabe, list the players he has bought permanently.will give us a better idea. I think mostly loan signings.
It doesn’t work like that.

Can you explain why not?
The club buys the players from income and owner investment. The Prince doesn’t pay for them himself. Working the two figures out will provide nothing not already known.

You're talking a load of rubbish. how do you know all this? more like the prince wants a 100% profit.your are either a friend of the Prince or you have received a load of misinformation don't believe you.

Hi
You're talking a load of rubbish. how do you know all this? more like the prince wants a 100% profit.your are either a friend of the Prince or you have received a load of misinformation don't believe you.
Lol.

Thats because you clearly have no understanding. The info is all out there. I’ve summarized where the money has gone. Why not challenge that rather than just mouth off?

Or don’t, live with your delusions, it really doesn’t matter.

Rightmove listing would read 'price reduced as of...'

Was 150 million, now a bargain at 130 million.

A 20 million reduction means nothing at this level, if you think the club may need a 30/40 million investment just in the first year or two.

Maybe the Blades should hire you being such an expert unlike you I am not deluded. That title is for Wendyites. I'm not one of the best you shut up.your a laughing stock already.

Was 150 million, now a bargain at 130 million.

A 20 million reduction means nothing at this level, if you think the club may need a 30/40 million investment just in the first year or two.
Only 30/40 million English pounds? Listen to Positive Tom

Only 30/40 million English pounds? Listen to Positive Tom

That's the sort of reduction Rightmove make on property continuing that analogy.

I never mentioned the currency, could be Dollars.

Maybe the Blades should hire you being such an expert unlike you I am not deluded. That title is for Wendyites. I'm not one of the best you shut up.your a laughing stock already.

I’m quoting United’s figures. Why would they need to employ me? Even more wise words though. Adding, as usual, nothing. You’re clearly deluded btw.

Back
Top Bottom