CONFIRMED Points deduction to start next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Football clubs are overspending and losing more money than ever. Then there's the rule changes, kick off times, VAR etc. all driven by money. It doesn't feel like it's under control to me. Not from a fan of one the "other clubs" perspective anyway.
Some clubs are being punished for breaking the rules they drew up and voted for is not a sign of the sport being out of control.

It would be funny if we won on the opening day and they lost just to see their reaction to us overturning the points deduction and getting above them after the inevitable summer of ‘MIND THE GAP’ nonsense we will get…

That would be nice, but the fixture algorithms these days don’t allow local derbies on certain dates (opening game, last game, etc.) due to police advice.

You don’t think he’s been lucky? Wow.

Promotion is always uncertain, no matter how much cash you throw at it. A couple of injuries is all it takes to derail a season.

And I’m not being hypocritical. I’d love our owner to chuck cash around so long as they can underwrite it. If they can’t, don’t.
We had an unbelievable amount of injuries.

Isn't there a line in the football club's accounts about it though? Something about it being unlikely but should probably mention it sort of thing. Why would the accountants (auditors?) feel the need to mention it if it was a private payment between the prince & Dozy?
Presumably because that’s where the money ended up. As things stand it’s likely to impact on the club funding wise, for obvious reasons.

As the club seems to have accepted the deduction l’d be more interested in when the club was informed there was a possibility than doing cartwheels and reliving “the Prince is a cunt” posts when the embargo was first announced. For some, revelling in more bad news certainly outweighs concerns for the club next season.

That would be nice, but the fixture algorithms these days don’t allow local derbies on certain dates (opening game, last game, etc.) due to police advice.
We dont have to be playing against them for us to win and them to lose 🤷🏽‍♂️

He'd have sold our players if anyone had put the money up. He'd as good as sold Berge til the buyer pulled out.

This romantic notion that the Prince gambled the house and won is a load of bollocks.

I’d agree it’s bollocks. But rather than a romantic notion my recollection is of greater criticism about how he went about things rather than any praise for gambling.

Different leagues with different rules

True and this is where there needs to be continuity between the EPL and EFL.

That said the PL will eventually vote for luxury tax instead of points deductions.

Appreciate that this punishment is from EFL not EPL, but surely being a few days late with payments is a much lesser offence than that Forrest were found guilty of, and yet the punishment is the same.
Am I missing something?

True and this is where there needs to be continuity between the EPL and EFL.

That said the PL will eventually vote for luxury tax instead of points deductions.
…and of course it is only relevant if we ever return to the Championship !

I get that it's a delayed punishment as we're not in the EFL but surely any punishments should be applied to your current league rather than just waiting for a club to drop back into that league to punish them.

Case in point, if Leicester City are found guilty of their premier league PSR FFP charges why can't they be applied to this season rather than gamble on punishing Leicester if they are promoted.

I get that it's a delayed punishment as we're not in the EFL but surely any punishments should be applied to your current league rather than just waiting for a club to drop back into that league to punish them.

Case in point, if Leicester City are found guilty of their premier league PSR FFP charges why can't they be applied to this season rather than gamble on punishing Leicester if they are promoted.

The EFL are pushing to try and get sanctions applied to Leicester even if they get promoted.

A lot of effort from the EFL and EPL punishing us, Forest, Everton, Leicester etc.

Man City though.....

Football highs and lows are basically down to who owns your club now. It isn't the average football fans fault that they've normalised spending all your income on transfer fees and wages - to the extent that you can bankrupt your club just competing on comparatively mediocre budgets with clubs of a similar size (if your owner isn't loaded). The Blades actually came out of the Premier League looking fiscally responsible vis a vis our rivals. Our actions outside the Prem also followed that line; there wasn't any extravagance or headline signings. I don't think it should be put at the average fans door that they want their club to compete in the market at a level that matches clubs of their stature, just because the system is so fucked up. It's the market that's fucked. There hasn't been a hue and cry for expensive acquiitions on here. It was more about keeping our academy player and one we signed when we finished 9th and looking promising (it looks like the club were trying to offload him). We need an owner that can compete in this ridiculous system that's been created at a level that matches our support and infrastructure. That's somebody that is prepared to lose a lot of their personal capital. If we want to compete higher the cheque book has to be even fatter. It's ridiculous. If not, we have to get our collective head around the fact that the financial realities make it impossible for us to compete at second tier level without significant risk to the club.

Last edited:
Appreciate that this punishment is from EFL not EPL, but surely being a few days late with payments is a much lesser offence than that Forrest were found guilty of, and yet the punishment is the same.
Am I missing something?
Looking at the list of charges (posted by Nixon I think it was) players A and B are Brewster and Berge respectively, players C and D are Doyle and McAtee and player E is Anel.

Not exactly recent news when you realise that it was the Brewster and Berge payments that played a part in our transfer embargo last season.

True and the club say we were owed money ourselves at the time from several clubs.

Not entirely sure I believe this from the club though.

That said whether the money was from Dozy, the eventual sale of Ndiaye and Berge, promotion money etc. Never the less it got paid.

Am I missing something?

We missed three payments for one player, so you would assume it's over multiple months.

Imagine a team going for promotion buys a player off another championship team in the summer, and that team have also got promotion on their minds. Team A then fucks up team B's cashflow by paying installments late, meaning they can't invest in January, and then Team B miss out on promotion. It's right that this stuff is punished with points deductions.

We missed three payments for one player, so you would assume it's over multiple months.

Imagine a team going for promotion buys a player off another championship team in the summer, and that team have also got promotion on their minds. Team A then fucks up team B's cashflow by paying installments late, meaning they can't invest in January, and then Team B miss out on promotion. It's right that this stuff is punished with points deductions.
Can't disagree with that, just seemed that Forrest's offences are greater and deserving of bigger deductions (plus of course my judgement is coloured by hating the bastards).

Yes and I expect the club that is the victim of this would expect the points deduction to apply to that season. Not a punishment 2 seasons later.

And they want me to renew my season ticket? For what? With these fuckers in charge I may not have a seat to sit on when the administrator walks in. FFS. Absolute joke. At least we know Chansiri is a clown as he fucks up, Prince is supposed to be a sober well respected businessman. Looking more Chancer than Chansiri presently.

Back
Top Bottom