CONFIRMED Points deduction to start next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well I just don't know where they get off punishing the club twice for the same crime so to speak in the space of 2 years.

If we fell foul of the rules last season, admitted to it, took the embargo on the chin and restructured paying what was owed. Then I don't see why they are coming back at us over a year later.
Burnley should be getting this treatment also. But this is just insane logic. Everton have a reduction BECAUSE it's your 2nd offence. Hi Sheffield United have another punishment because the initial one didn't do enough!

My interpretation of that point is that the transfer embargo would have went on for longer but because we were promoted it became "ineffective" as we were no longer in EFL jurisdiction and were free to make all the transfers we did. I may be wrong though and it seems a very vague thing to say when most of the document is explicitly explained.
Could well be the case, but surely in such a document things like this should not be open to interpretation? It really doesn't sit well with me that line.

The money was paid to the Prince, as you know, so that’s where any liability would likely lie. Not the FC. Still an issue regarding his funding of us/wanting his loans back but as usual you put it on the club.
I'd imagine he's 'buzzing' at this breaking news

It's the EFL docking us points not the Premier League because it happened when we were in the Championship, so what happened with Everton and Forest is irrelevant.
We certainly aren't the first to have had an embargo. But seem to be the first side that's had this follow up treatment.

We certainly aren't the first to have had an embargo. But seem to be the first side that's had this follow up treatment.
I'm sure it won't be the last with this inept clown of an owner.

Given that the pigs are almost certainly staying up this season.

It would be funny if we won on the opening day and they lost just to see their reaction to us overturning the points deduction and getting above them after the inevitable summer of ‘MIND THE GAP’ nonsense we will get…

We didn't get lucky at all - he pushed the boundaries and it got us promoted, and has now cost us 2 points. I don't see where luck's involved. It's what people have ben crying out for for years.

There's loads of shit to throw at the owner, but I think people, on the whole, are being laughably hypocritical on this one.

You don’t think he’s been lucky? Wow.

Promotion is always uncertain, no matter how much cash you throw at it. A couple of injuries is all it takes to derail a season.

And I’m not being hypocritical. I’d love our owner to chuck cash around so long as they can underwrite it. If they can’t, don’t.

Think the biggest thing for me is that this is basically a cashflow issue.

HOWEVER if the reason we defaulted is because payments due to us haven't landed then surely this should be taken into account as well.
Were we in enough dialogue with the clubs we owed installments too?

Little worrying we basically just take it. Because that suggests to me we know we did wrong.
I know its PL and EFL but look at Everton and Forest they both just contest them instead.

Correct me if I am wrong also, but did Burnley not get done for the same thing?
They had it for late reporting of accounts. Not paying other clubs is obviously far more of a football issue than financial so should be treated differently

No if anything the sport is actually starting to get IN control

Football clubs are overspending and losing more money than ever. Then there's the rule changes, kick off times, VAR etc. all driven by money. It doesn't feel like it's under control to me. Not from a fan of one the "other clubs" perspective anyway.

In so much as "you hold on to your best players and reap the rewards" - no, not at all.

Either way, It's what 99% of football fans demand, right or wrong.

There are folk on here that wanted us to hang on to Ndiaye and Berge til their contracts expired.

I'd imagine he's 'buzzing' at this breaking news
There’s more than one happy bunny on this thread. Two failed ITK’s to start with. It’s no surprise that the search facility can’t find a Rifleman post containing the words points deduction while a similar search for the puppet shows a quote saying a points deduction would apply IF the amounts weren’t paid following the embargo. No surprise that he’s claiming he forecast it though but he does have form for this sort of thing.

It's the EFL docking us points not the Premier League because it happened when we were in the Championship, so what happened with Everton and Forest is irrelevant.

Aston Villa and Forest will face a bigger sanction if they return as well..

Villa highly unlikely I know..

Edit : Leeds going shit or bust now, Villa style, so it's not putting anybody off.

So we delay paying someone but do pay them and get docked 2 points.

Everton piss all over the Premier Leagues rules twice and get 2 points for the second offense.

Fucking nice one!
We are guilty (as was Forest who delayed but still paid up late) therefore we take the punishment of 2 points

We gained an unfair on-field advantage by signing and playing players we couldn’t afford to pay for.

We broke the rules and deserve a footballing (points deduction) sanction unfortunately. Same as Everton and Forest do, despite what their fans say.

Burnley had an embargo because they had a late accounts submission. Not sure if that benefitted their team or not as I don’t know enough about the background to it.

Wednesday had a transfer embargo because they owed the taxman money. Probably gained an unfair on-field advantage from that also?

The money was paid to the Prince, as you know, so that’s where any liability would likely lie. Not the FC. Still an issue regarding his funding of us/wanting his loans back but as usual you put it on the club.
Isn't there a line in the football club's accounts about it though? Something about it being unlikely but should probably mention it sort of thing. Why would the accountants (auditors?) feel the need to mention it if it was a private payment between the prince & Dozy?

We gained an unfair on-field advantage by signing and playing players we couldn’t afford to pay for.

We broke the rules and deserve a footballing (points deduction) sanction unfortunately. Same as Everton and Forest do, despite what their fans say.

Burnley had an embargo because they had a late accounts submission. Not sure if that benefitted their team or not as I don’t know enough about the background to it.

Wednesday had a transfer embargo because they owed the taxman money. Probably gained an unfair on-field advantage from that also?

So I am fine with that logic, absolutely no holes in that. But that should mean the points penalty is applied when the embargo is. Not all this time after and the embargo mentioned as being ineffective. We have nobody but ourselves to blame I just don't like some of the supposed reasoning that got to the point.

But I would say any financial breach, maybe late filing aside, would be an on-field advantage, no?

We didn't get lucky at all - he pushed the boundaries and it got us promoted, and that has now cost us 2 points. I don't see where luck's involved. Holding on to players (often against financial) sense is what the people have been crying out for for years. "Show some ambition United" - generally translated to "someone else throw lots of money at something I'm not prepared to.

There's loads of shit to throw at the owner, but I think people, on the whole, are being laughably hypocritical on this one.

He'd have sold our players if anyone had put the money up. He'd as good as sold Berge til the buyer pulled out.

This romantic notion that the Prince gambled the house and won is a load of bollocks.

Back
Top Bottom