pmsl at o/site

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bladeinspain2

Reaction score
had to laugh at o/s on mac departure.Only managed 1 goal last season and 1 assist, although the assist has since been removed. Bit of sour grapes i feel, but glad hes gone hate these Judas types !

Yeah i saw that as well. Definetly some sour grapes in there.
However it was the clubs fault for letting the clause be inserted in the first place.

I blame them for starvation and poverty in the third world too.

Yeah i saw that as well. Definetly some sour grapes in there.
However it was the clubs fault for letting the clause be inserted in the first place.

Somehow, I doubt that the club had a choice about that. When McDonald signed last summer, nobody would have foreseen that we'd have a club in the third tier with the ability to pay over £500k for a player and be big enough to take that player from us. Basically, nobody would have predicted Wolves (with their £30m turnover) would be a League One side in 2013/14.

Somehow, I doubt that the club had a choice about that. When McDonald signed last summer, nobody would have foreseen that we'd have a club in the third tier with the ability to pay over £500k for a player and be big enough to take that player from us. Basically, nobody would have predicted Wolves (with their £30m turnover) would be a League One side in 2013/14.

But a championship club could have come in for him. For me its a stupid clause to put it, if he plays well then someone can have him but if hes shit then we're stuck with him for a few years. If he wouldnt sign it without the clause then we should have told him to F'off and used his wages on a different player who would sign a decent contract with no clauses and then build a team around them. All we've done now is waste our entire closed season practicing a team formation that we can no longer field.

But a championship club could have come in for him. For me its a stupid clause to put it, if he plays well then someone can have him but if hes shit then we're stuck with him for a few years. If he wouldnt sign it without the clause then we should have told him to F'off and used his wages on a different player who would sign a decent contract with no clauses and then build a team around them. All we've done now is waste our entire closed season practicing a team formation that we can no longer field.

Without knowing all the facts, these types of arguments are stupid and pointless.

It's all about negotiation. KM may have agreed to accept tuppence halfpenny plus the clause when he would not have accepted tuppence halfpenny without the clause. People have to make a judgment call, and if you don't know the facts, you can't make an informed criticism of the said call.

I very much doubt that any decent player would sign on at this level without a release clause. It's a gamble worth taking in my view - it's just the timing is pretty awful.

Anyway, given McDonald's injury problems in the past I'd be very surprised if Weir and his team don't have a back up plan. What we should do with the fee is poach Brentford's entire scouting department as they seem to have the ability to spot decent midfielders.

Without knowing all the facts, these types of arguments are stupid and pointless.

It's all about negotiation. KM may have agreed to accept tuppence halfpenny plus the clause when he would not have accepted tuppence halfpenny without the clause. People have to make a judgment call, and if you don't know the facts, you can't make an informed criticism of the said call.

don't lets the facts get in the way of a good argument!

While you may have a point the bloke does have form for dropping em for the first bid on the table.

Dammed if you do, and Dammed if you don't.... If we had not accepted the clause at the beginning of last season, we would have lost an influential player from the season before, can you imagine the outcry after losing Quinn, Lowton and Williamson. Now we have lost Macdonald because of the clause, the board were stupid to allow the clause. Can't win can they. Admitted the timing is bad, but that is the gamble we took.

don't lets the facts get in the way of a good argument!

This should be reight up your street then Gavlar

BRwG2AWCYAAnEnz.jpg:large

Maybe someone clued up in contract law could help me here (sorry if already asked). Just how did Wolves know of the trigger clause in the contract?

Either a) they didn't, put in a bid and just happened to be above the limit, or
b) one party of that contract gave details to a third-party.

If it is b, and it has come from the player/agent etc, then that's very very poor form. If there's a lesson to be learned with these clauses, then surely one other clause could be put in that the trigger-fee is confidential and discussing it with other parties nulls the trigger-fee. Possible? Unlikely?

Back
Top Bottom