Players or Managers that look back and regret joining us

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ThatJa

Bigger Blade than United's Arab Emirate
Reaction score
I was wondering a while ago, I wonder if there are any players, or managers that look back on their career and think to themselves, joining Sheffield United was a bad move.

I think there are some pretty obvious ones, like Lee Hendrie and Leon Britton. Can anyone else think of anyone that may regret joining us looking back?

I was wondering a while ago, I wonder if there are any players, or managers that look back on their career and think to themselves, joining Sheffield United was a bad move.

I think there are some pretty obvious ones, like Lee Hendrie and Leon Britton. Can anyone else think of anyone that may regret joining us looking back?
Can’t imagine Lee Hendrie regrets being paid a sackful of money for doing bugger all.

Nigel Adkins perhaps?

A certain former Scunthorpe and Southampton manager.

A few of the players Wilder signed who then didn't play at all

You could hardly have picked two worse examples .

Throw in Nicky Henry and Paul Thirwell and you would have a full house of shysters who simply went through the motions but clearly didn’t give a shit .

I know that Britton has some apologists on here and that he wasn’t played in his best position but for me that doesn’t excuse the fact that , irrespective of his performances elsewhere , he never gave the slightest impression whilst with us that he was in any way committed to the cause or had any affinity for the club or it’s supporters , an attitude which to me has always been unforgivable .

Bright side, Leon did go on to be Home Secretary. 😄

Ricky Holmes and Luke Freeman most recent. Maybe Billy second time around but that worked out in the end.

Atkins definitely as manager but he's shite anyway
Freeman was shafted more than most. Probably told he was going to be starting as a winger until Wilder changed his mind on the formation last minute.

Robinson was a nesh bastard as a striker but I imagine similar happened to him.

Not sure if he regrets it but things couldn’t have gone much worse for Sander Berge - moves country to join an upwardly mobile team with an LMA Manager of the Year in charge - 18 months later:

• global pandemic before he’s properly settled into his new digs
  • he’s on his third manager
  • he’s injured
  • we’re in the league below
I’m sure he’s being well compensated financially all the while (and in fairness to him he looks happy enough) but I can’t imagine he’d have imagined this scenario even in his most feverish nightmare when he signed.

Not sure if he regrets it but things couldn’t have gone much worse for Sander Berge - moves country to join an upwardly mobile team with an LMA Manager of the Year in charge - 18 months later:

• global pandemic before he’s properly settled into his new digs
  • he’s on his third manager
  • he’s injured
  • we’re in the league below
I’m sure he’s being well compensated financially all the while (and in fairness to him he looks happy enough) but I can’t imagine he’d have imagined this scenario even in his most feverish nightmare when he signed.
Rian Brewster must have also been thinking WTF have I done joining us, though he does come across as a great and committed guy in all the Blades behind the scenes stuff.

John "Budgie" "i'm escaping through the window" Burridge. Made the film 'The Great Escape' look like hard work....

Can’t imagine Lee Hendrie regrets being paid a sackful of money for doing bugger all.

Nigel Adkins perhaps?

Listened to Lee hendrie on the pub talk podcast with Alan brazil and Ray Parlour this week..

"what's the move you regretted the most Lee"

"Sheffield united"

He does go on to say why and I got what he was on about. But we were the top answer..

Back
Top Bottom