Play-Off Dates Confirmed

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

One thing you can be sure of is that we'll limp into the play offs as usual.

We've been in the play offs seven times and have never won more than one of our final three league matches.

1997 - DWD
1998 - DLL
2003 - DWL
2009 - LWD
2012 - LDD
2013 - LLD
2015 - DDD

That's three wins out of twenty one matches.

God help anybody going to Hull, Ipswich and Stoke.

We've been in the play offs seven times and have never won more than one of our final three league matches.

1997 - DWD
1998 - DLL
2003 - DWL
2009 - LWD
2012 - LDD
2013 - LLD
2015 - DDD

Yes, and almost every defeat was as a result of being spineless, 4 Play Off finals, 0 shots on target and only 1 shot in the entire four games.
The 1 shot being a penalty that Michael Brown put approximately 17 yards wide

I’m playing a gig at hatch just over the road from BL on the 27th if anyone wants to avoid the inevitable heartbreak at Wembley.

1997 - DWD
1998 - DLL
2003 - DWL
2009 - LWD
2012 - LDD
2013 - LLD
2015 - DDD

Technically we’ve lost 8 if you include the relegation play off against Bristol City in 88.

:(:(:(

But I appreciate this is an isolated play off and not relevant to your point which is a worrying one.

1997 - DWD
1998 - DLL
2003 - DWL
2009 - LWD
2012 - LDD
2013 - LLD
2015 - DDD

Wow. Grim reading

Yes, and almost every defeat was as a result of being spineless, 4 Play Off finals, 0 shots on target and only 1 shot in the entire four games.
Don't exaggerate.

Andy Walker shot from the halfway line in the 90th minute in 1997.

I’ve done my best to blank out the memories of the entire day but wasn’t Brown’s penalty saved?

1997 - DWD
1998 - DLL
2003 - DWL
2009 - LWD
2012 - LDD
2013 - LLD
2015 - DDD

That's insane. We've finished in every position from 3rd-6th too yet managed to go into everyone of them in awful form.

We have been leading at one point in all of our play off semi finals too so there will be a bit of hope before we balls it up. That's what is hanging over me right now. There is still a huge kick in the balls coming from somewhere. We won't just go out in a normal manner. At one point in the play offs we will all think it's finally our year then something mental will happen.

"17 yards wide" made me chuckle!

Probably decided not to “jump in the car after deciding to go at the last minute” that day.

I can understand people needing to be wums but have never understood why they’re comfortable making themselves look stupid whilst doing it.

Very Curtisesque but he wasn’t a full shilling.

Technically we’ve lost 8 if you include the relegation play off against Bristol City in 88.

:(:(:(

But I appreciate this is an isolated play off and not relevant to your point which is a worrying one.

Could be wrong but I think there were two semis and a final like every other play off. Only difference (I think) was the third-bottom club in the 2nd tier, ie us, joined the 3rd, 4th and 5th clubs from the 3rd tier. Like today's play offs,there were two two-legged semi finals and a final. We lost the semi to Bristol City.

This should surely count as an "official" play off failure, even if the format was slightly different.

Could be wrong but I think there were two semis and a final like every other play off. Only difference (I think) was the third-bottom club in the 2nd tier, ie us, joined the 3rd, 4th and 5th clubs from the 3rd tier. Like today's play offs,there were two two-legged semi finals and a final. We lost the semi to Bristol City.

This should surely count as an "official" play off failure, even if the format was slightly different.
Yep - so its the Hateful Eight

Reactions: Dkc

Yep. 8 it is!!

That's insane. We've finished in every position from 3rd-6th too yet managed to go into everyone of them in awful form.

We have been leading at one point in all of our play off semi finals too so there will be a bit of hope before we balls it up. That's what is hanging over me right now. There is still a huge kick in the balls coming from somewhere. We won't just go out in a normal manner. At one point in the play offs we will all think it's finally our year then something mental will happen.

Couldn’t agree more. Always some kind of drama or “that’s never happened before but it’ll happen to the blades” e.g the 5-4 loss to Swindon

I have made a note of these dates on the minimal chance we don't finish 2nd "just in case". Takes a lot of planning down under based on ko times and lining up Bristol supporting mates to watch out

Thank f*ck it's a 3pm kick off for the final. I'm in Scotland for a week's holiday and booked flights yesterday into London for the day on Bank Holiday Monday, just in case we get there. Flight back leaves at 8pm so was panicking in case it was a 5pm kick off.
See you in the bar at the airport if this transpires ....

In fact, I'm now slightly concerned about WBA nicking 3rd place off us.

If that's serious, I'd suggest you stay away for the last 4 games.

I'm as glass half empty as the best of them, but I know we have got to do our bit to push the team on and TRY to win all 4. We really don't need 'fans' with arms folded faces like slapped arses, waiting for the final whistle to say 'I told you so'.

I'll be flying on the day of the play-off final.

I can just see us getting there and actually fucking doing it, and I'll be fuming for the rest of my life because I wasn't there to see it. I'm not even sure I'll be able to get to a telly.

Getting dicked by Leicester at an inappropriate time on a Sunday afternoon isn't the part of getting to the Premier League we'd be likely to remember. Wilder breaking our Wembley hoodoo most certainly would be. And I'll be on a fucking plane to fucking shitty France.

Faire des conneries.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom