PL Fixture list

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'll back myself for over 13.5 away games there I think

I'll back United to do slightly better than expected because I think that fixture list has been kind. 5 of the last 6 are favourable and we usually end quite well

Good that we're at home on Boxing Day, but shit for the travelling Luton fans. I thought the idea was that we'd play a club close by?

Paul Heckingbottom on Sky Sports news - coming up next discussing fixtures, lets see if any updates on players UTB

Some months look trickier than others (April looks tough) but there’s no absolutely shit runs of 3/4/5 games against the top sides so that’s a plus.

Good that we're at home on Boxing Day, but shit for the travelling Luton fans. I thought the idea was that we'd play a club close by?

In Scotland and Northern Ireland, every fixture either on Boxing Day or New Years is a local derby, so that fans don't have to travel too far.

Yet in England, a significantly larger country, the attitude of the footballing authorities is that we can all go fuck ourselves.

The other dates for the diary are when they confirm the telly schedule, so when the games are locked in:

August/September5 July
October29 July
November13 September
December/January11 October
February6 December
March25 January
April21 February
MW3523 March
MW366 April
MW3714 April
MW38Post MW37

Open 2024/25

Need to get a ticket for that then.

I actually think Goodison Park is an awful ground for the away supporter. Ridiculously shallow rake, wooden seats with massive copper hinges that you whack your shins on every time you stand up, and a pillar every 5 feet that obscures your view.

But I'm also a hopeless nostalgic, and Goodison is one of the last of its kind.

The other dates for the diary are when they confirm the telly schedule, so when the games are locked in:

August/September5 July
October29 July
November13 September
December/January11 October
February6 December
March25 January
April21 February
MW3523 March
MW366 April
MW3714 April
MW38Post MW37

That’s last season but gives us a guide.

In Scotland and Northern Ireland, every fixture either on Boxing Day or New Years is a local derby, so that fans don't have to travel too far.

Yet in England, a significantly larger country, the attitude of the footballing authorities is that we can all go fuck ourselves.
Not quite sure about that K'jam

Imagine a Boxing day of Manchester & Liverpool derbies, plus Arsenal Spurs, Brighton Bournemouth, Chelsea Fulham, Spurs West Ham............

I was going to point out the Policing nightmare and it just wouldnt work, but having read that back lets make it happen!
Back to back on Sky, with live blimp coverage of the carnage outside the grounds - better than Home Alone or Die Hard

I always thought the boxing day fixtures were always placed against fairly local sides, to help with travel etc. I know we had Watford the last time too (proper PL season, not the behind closed doors one) - presumably the PL do not account for this. Good fixture for us though, for the least attractive home game of the season to be then.

Aiming for 11/12 points going into the Man Utd game at the beginning of Oct should be our realistic goal.

Also: hate to tempt fate but looking at those fixtures on paper I don't see how we're getting fewer than 40 points this season. Loads of winnable games out there and every chance of getting off to a decent start.
I’d wait and see what happens in the Summer with others incoming and outgoing
Personally now can’t see more than 4 points at end of September

Not quite sure about that K'jam

Imagine a Boxing day of Manchester & Liverpool derbies, plus Arsenal Spurs, Brighton Bournemouth, Chelsea Fulham, Spurs West Ham............

I was going to point out the Policing nightmare and it just wouldnt work, but having read that back lets make it happen!
Back to back on Sky, with live blimp coverage of the carnage outside the grounds - better than Home Alone or Die Hard

As a counterpoint to that, if you look at the fixtures in Norn Iron, some of those derbies are very tasty and have strong political undertones as well, especially from a policing standpoint.

You've got Cliftonville (Irish nationalist, Catholic) vs Crusaders (Ulster loyalist, Protestant). Always a potential flash point for trouble.

Linfield v Glentoran (same politics but a very nasty rivalry)

Then in Scotland you've got Celtic v Rangers (self explanatory) and Hibernian v Hearts ( always kicks off).

There's no reason why they couldn't give English football fans a break as far as I can see.

Always find this useful - download to your phone calendar - especially as they update themselves when fixtures get rearranged.

I always thought the boxing day fixtures were always placed against fairly local sides, to help with travel etc. I know we had Watford the last time too (proper PL season, not the behind closed doors one) - presumably the PL do not account for this. Good fixture for us though, for the least attractive home game of the season to be then.

Aiming for 11/12 points going into the Man Utd game at the beginning of Oct should be our realistic goal.
I think the police put the kybosh on proper "derby" fixtures over Xmas & New Year? So the brief for the fixture minions is "local if possible but not too local". No idea how we ended up playing Watford though.

Back
Top Bottom