Pissed over-reaction or…

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think there is a chance that Berge may react well to playing in a side where there is quick, crisp passing and plenty of good movement.

Berge in place of Norwood ? fucking hell cant people see where the problem is.
Sorry but Berge is the new Lunny, too good for us and not aout to risk any injuries. Hence the back passes and refusal to run with the ball

Sorry but Berge is the new Lunny, too good for us and not aout to risk any injuries. Hence the back passes and refusal to run with the ball
TBF watching him in the Birmingham game he was trying to turn and go forward but there wasn't a outlet for hIm that we will have now ,plus he was getting kicked all over without any protection from the referee

Was a great win and will have worked well for confidence levels but we need to build on this!
This 100%
Yesterday was great but
Peterborough were a joke
It’s our first proper performance in two years
I’m excited but cautious as this is a work in progress

Absolutely, we have to back this up on Tuesday night.

Agree…..i missed my first match in years yesterday so I’m so looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about.
I always say luck can play a part in results….so even the best teams will lose matches.
However performances should always be good with full effort. As long as we perform at our best or near our best then I’m satisfied.

My early season observations were we’re dominating general play in the centre circle area but our buildups are too safe and slow
teams have already sussed us out. They know they can sit back and form a defensive wall and we lack creativity or crossing ability to break through it.

So it’s great to hear that NDieye and Morgan what’s his name are like having 2 young quicker Duffys on the pitch at the same time.
Hopefully it means opposition teams coming to Bramall Lane need to re-think and can no longer defend in numbers.

Having a new style of play means new opportunities arise.
It’s like starting afresh and every single player (including Berge) deserves a chance to see what they can do within the new framework.

Last edited:
I think there is a chance that Berge may react well to playing in a side where there is quick, crisp passing and plenty of good movement.
This doesn't just apply to Berge.

Its absolutely no surprise that Fleck, Norwood and Osborn looked better yesterday. The whole team played better, and having the dynamism of GW and ND ahead of them, gives more options, more space, more time.

The whole squad has been devoid of anything like this for nearly 18 months.

Hopefully what it does show is that the players aren't broken (which I'll admit I'd written a few off), and that in the right system with a few fresh faces in we can regain some form

With Berge, if we keep playing like yesterday and this gets the best out of him then its an exciting prospect. We haven't seen Berge at his best for a sustained period of time, but even his most ardent critics would surely admit an on form Berge slotting into that team yesterday is an exciting prospect.

The bloke behind me today said something along the lines of “Berge’s still missing, imagine him in the team”. My response was along the lines of “maybe him not playing is the reason we played well”.

The only one I’d change from today would be the keeper for Olsen.
What and keep Robinson 😂 sorry mate but of the games this season Berge has been completely isolated with no help from stationary Fleck n Norwood and strikers not running the lines
Berge in a central role deep or otherwise with options that we had today would be a big big advantage

The squad overall is starting to take shape ;
GK Olson & Wes
RB Baldock & Bogle
LB RND & Enda (when fit)
RCB. Egan & Bash
LCB Davies & Robinson for now (JOC when fit)
plus we have lopata in reserve (If I was Slav I would be trying to bed him in more instead of Robinson)
Midfield enforcer. ( The area we really need to fill ) hopefully adlene but back in for viera in January ( if he has solved his fitness issues)
central midfield houriane,berge,fleck and Norwood
Attacking midfield MGW,Ndiaye,Osborne,freeman & Didzy ( sadly apart from injuries I don't see him getting much game time now)
Forwards sharp,Brewster & Mcburnie (moose if he ever gets fit )
good enough to push for top 6
My only concern is not enough quality cover on the LHS of defence
no doubt I have forgot someone
but looks like 4-2-3-1 will be the formation going forward

Last edited:
Peterborough are poor opposition. We still looked susceptible at the back & Norwood was still losing his runners through the middle.
Hourihane & Berge both could offer more in there, I think its worth a look.
How many combinations of opposition does Berge need to fail against before we can stop making excuses for him?

So Berge doesn’t play and we win scoring 6. Yet Norwood is still the glaring issue…

In fairness there are over 20 million reasons why fans think he ‘deserves’ to be in the team. Nothing based on merit. He’s been our worst midfielder most of the time, let’s give the 3 that did well yesterday a little run of games.

What and keep Robinson 😂 sorry mate but of the games this season Berge has been completely isolated with no help from stationary Fleck n Norwood and strikers not running the lines
Berge in a central role deep or otherwise with options that we had today would be a big big advantage
“Isolated”

“No help from Norwood and Fleck”

Further up we’ve got;

“opposition daring to be better than Peterborough”.

The Berge Bingo list just carries on extending.

How many combinations of opposition does Berge need to fail against before we can stop making excuses for him?

A run of games at this level, with these new players. Fails again & I'll agree with you.

“Not enough crisp passing”

“not enough movement”

Is there some sort of joke going on here?

I’d definitely put Davies in if fit, apologies I forgot about that. That left CB slot will be a problem all season as Davies doesn’t look the player that I thought he would be.
It won't be an issue. Davies is absolutely class, and can only improve us.

There's also the plus we're no longer trying to win with 1-0's.

Berge in place of Norwood ? fucking hell cant people see where the problem is.
Nailed it, how did we sign the most exciting young midfielder in Europe they said. We didn’t, we signed a show pony who has one trick. Hopefully we can move him on for a few quid and never again sign anybody who can’t do the any of the hard work required to be a pro footballer. The more I think about it, it becomes patently obvious the malaise started with his signing.
The penny won’t drop for some. We've seen a perfectly functioning midfield for the first time since we brought Berge into it. What’s the common theme?

So you guys would sooner have Norwood in the team, I wonder if Rangers will let us have Lundstram back too, what's Duffy doing these days? I mean come on it not like we tore it up in the months Berge was out injured is it.
Jesus wept it don't take much for the up and at em, muck n nettles brigade to come out.

There's also the plus we're no longer trying to win with 1-0's.

Good point, confidence and pressure is so important.

The Watford and especially the Fulham fans always said when SJ was their manager you were never worried about conceding
because you knew their teams would always create plenty of chances every game.

So you guys would sooner have Norwood in the team, I wonder if Rangers will let us have Lundstram back too, what's Duffy doing these days? I mean come on it not like we tore it up in the months Berge was out injured is it.
Jesus wept it don't take much for the up and at em, muck n nettles brigade to come out.
I have seen Norwood play well for us for extended periods of time. He was instrumental in our promotion, and in pushing for Europe only two years ago.

He’s been shite since Berge arrived.

Berge has been shite since he arrived.

Berge was away yesterday and we gave our best performance since….Berge arrived.

There’s one of the two of us that needs to explain their position further, and it’s definitely you.

(And by the way, at no point have I made a case for Norwood either).

I have seen Norwood play well for us for extended periods of time. He was instrumental in our promotion, and in pushing for Europe only two years ago.

There’s one of the two of us that needs to explain their position further, and it’s definitely you.

I think you need to explain why we have been shite with a midfield three of Fleck Norwood and Lunstram when Berge has been out injured and that has been for a lot more than one game against a piss poor Peterborough.

I think you need to explain why we have been shite with a midfield three of Fleck Norwood and Lunstram when Berge has been out injured and that has been for a lot more than one game against a piss poor Peterborough.
I don’t need to explain it, because I’m not making a case for any of it.

I’m asking those who keep apologising for the ever failing Berge to explain why they keep apologising for him.

Take your angst with Norwood up with someone who’s making a case for him. ;)

Norwood is the least muck and nettles player we have ever had.

If yesterday was the start of something new, with some fresh faces in the team and a different way of playing, then it’s a fresh start for everyone. They’re all here until Christmas at least so they get a chance to show what they can do in a more attacking team. That includes players who have let us down like Berge, Brewster, and McBurnie. But all three of them are down the pecking order now and need to fight to get back into contention. Berge is behind Norwood, Fleck, and Hourihane now for one of the two CM positions.

It's a start and we will take the positives from it. Yes Peterborough were poor and we will come up against tougher and better teams but we played in a more positive fashion than we have in a long time. The trick now is to get and keep momentum, to dig out results when we play poorly. Let's just hope that along the way we play with similar attacking intent

Didn't really expect you to tell us all why we have been shite for so long while Berge was out injured, You never disappoint us.

Erm......because other players were shite too?

My word, even by your standards, you're having a bad one here.

Actually Berge was sat in the South Stand.

Bore off bud there is a new My Take you can troll

You started spouting nonsense and couldn’t begin to back up your point - that’s on you, not me.

You may be out of your depth here, but nobody’s forcing you to demonstrate it publicly.

Back
Top Bottom