Pissed over-reaction or…

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

it's Gibbs-White btw. Anyhow Gibbs-White and Ndiaye lifted the team that played today. So i reckon the whole team can have potential.

And if Brewster starts to find a bit of form and Jebbison tears it up at Burton…Blades nirvana

The following team is a beyond comprehension in terms of potential:

Olsen
Norrington-Davies
Baldock
Davies
Egan
Fleck
Berge
Osbourne
Gibbs-White
Ndiaye
Sharp

If today's 11 keep putting in performances like today, I doubt Berge will be starting anytime soon.

Olsen and Davies will definitely drop straight in though regardless.

If today's 11 keep putting in performances like today, I doubt Berge will be starting anytime soon.

Olsen and Davies will definitely drop straight in though regardless.

I was thinking today that it would be difficult change the 11 if they keep playing like that but all of a sudden it feels as though we have positive options. Berge, Hourihane, Brewster, McBurnie, McGoldrick, Freeman and even a fit Mousset (if that exists) gives us many different options. As you say Olsen and Davies go straight in but things are certainly looking better

I was thinking today that it would be difficult change the 11 if they keep playing like that but all of a sudden it feels as though we have positive options. Berge, Hourihane, Brewster, McBurnie, McGoldrick, Freeman and even a fit Mousset (if that exists) gives us many different options. As you say Olsen and Davies go straight in but things are certainly looking better

Completely agree, I would add Bogle into the list of attacking/creative options too.

And re Mousse.... absolutely. Could you imagine him fit and firing, alongside NDiaye and MGW! o_O

Completely agree, I would add Bogle into the list of attacking/creative options too.

And re Mousse.... absolutely. Could you imagine him fit and firing, alongside NDiaye and MGW! o_O

Yep, Bogle I agree with. I was trying to remember all of the names as I was typing, which is suppose demonstrates my point about our options.

A fit Mousett in front of those two today would’ve been a sight to see. The problem is whether we’ll actually see it. I came away thinking that any of our strikers could play in front of those two and it would work well enough.

Yep, Bogle I agree with. I was trying to remember all of the names as I was typing, which is suppose demonstrates my point about our options.

A fit Mousett in front of those two today would’ve been a sight to see. The problem is whether we’ll actually see it. I came away thinking that any of our strikers could play in front of those two and it would work well enough.
A fit Moussett. 🤣

Berge in place of Norwood ? fucking hell cant people see where the problem is.
I get that but looking at the team today and thinking about where (if?) we can improve surely the Norwood role springs up. Not saying he did anything wrong but you have to compare the two and think who brings the most to the table. I actually think Berge has flattered to deceive for much of his United career but this team playing this way might just bring out the talent that I think we all know is there. I think we can all see there is innate ability beyond Norwood tucked away in there if we (and he) can access it.

Nailed it, how did we sign the most exciting young midfielder in Europe they said. We didn’t, we signed a show pony who has one trick. Hopefully we can move him on for a few quid and never again sign anybody who can’t do the any of the hard work required to be a pro footballer. The more I think about it, it becomes patently obvious the malaise started with his signing.

Nailed it, how did we sign the most exciting young midfielder in Europe they said. We didn’t, we signed a show pony who has one trick. Hopefully we can move him on for a few quid and never again sign anybody who can’t do the any of the hard work required to be a pro footballer. The more I think about it, it becomes patently obvious the malaise started with his signing.
I suppose time will tell but I do think that is too simplistic a way of looking at it. He is clearly talented but do think he needs talent around him to work. I suppose his career with and post United will prove the case one way or the other l.

The bloke behind me today said something along the lines of “Berge’s still missing, imagine him in the team”. My response was along the lines of “maybe him not playing is the reason we played well”.

The only one I’d change from today would be the keeper for Olsen.

2 crap posts in a row. Yeah cos Berge bought Brewster and fell out with the board and invented the back 8 and all the rest of that Wilder shit. Lets blame it all on him. You have gone nuts. Face it, Norwood is not very good anymore and has played a key role in most of our crappest showings over the last 18 months. Look at his average ratings, opta stats, anything its plain to see. His last meaningful positive contribution was Norwich at home prior to the pandemic. He has been wretched for 18 months. Own goals, conceding possession, pointing, not tracking back, true utter crap. As bad as Lunny in many games. Berge hasn't been much if any better and has been injured a lot, but has 10 years upside on Norwood. Still, let's give Berge away and save up for that statue of Norwood.

The penny won’t drop for some. We've seen a perfectly functioning midfield for the first time since we brought Berge in to it. What’s the common theme?

Correlation is not the same as causation though is it?

We don't know how Berge would have looked in there today playing in the same side as MGW and Ndiaye, but it will be interesting to find out.

The bloke behind me today said something along the lines of “Berge’s still missing, imagine him in the team”. My response was along the lines of “maybe him not playing is the reason we played well”.

The only one I’d change from today would be the keeper for Olsen.
I wouldn't be too smug if I were you. Evidence from this season so far would show that regularly selecting Robinson will cost you in most games, i would change that too.

Correlation is not the same as causation though is it?

We don't know how Berge would have looked in there today playing in the same side as MGW and Ndiaye, but it will be interesting to find out.
Not always no. In this case, I fear it is.

And given that we’ve just played a team off the park, through the middle, I’m not sure what we’d be trying to achieve in finding out.

Take a deep breath, wait until we've won a few games on the trot, then, and only then, do we appear to show the potential that a few on here seem to conclude makes us a 'great' side after one very good win. I've seen far too many false dawns where the Blades are concerned to not get carried away by one very rewarding display.
Come the next ten games, if we've managed to accumulate the number of points that suggest we are deservedly a top half of this division team, well then I'll support those who are convinced promotion is a possibility.

Apologies for the slightly negative note, but yes, today was great fun and very enjoyable. Does it mean we're promotion contenders? Let's not be silly chaps.

2 crap posts in a row. Yeah cos Berge bought Brewster and fell out with the board and invented the back 8 and all the rest of that Wilder shit. Lets blame it all on him. You have gone nuts. Face it, Norwood is not very good anymore and has played a key role in most of our crappest showings over the last 18 months. Look at his average ratings, opta stats, anything its plain to see. His last meaningful positive contribution was Norwich at home prior to the pandemic. He has been wretched for 18 months. Own goals, conceding possession, pointing, not tracking back, true utter crap. As bad as Lunny in many games. Berge hasn't been much if any better and has been injured a lot, but has 10 years upside on Norwood. Still, let's give Berge away and save up for that statue of Norwood.
The stats I looked at comparing Norwood to Berge showed that though Norwood’s stats were poor, Berge’s were truly woeful.

Back
Top Bottom