Pick ONE ex-Blade to go into our current team

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The emphasis on our wingbacks would mean I’d go for Super Vas all day long, what a player for absolute peanuts he was, not seen many better debuts than his, he tore Sunderland a new arsehole.

Simon Tracy was a fantastic keeper but awful with the ball at his feet so would struggle in the modern game. As a shot stopper I have not seen many better keepers at BDTBL
I saw him pull a save off away to Luton once which was truly world class & yes I agree he was poor with his feet.

Unpopular opinion but Fjortoft would score more in this team than Deane
But the rest of the team would score more around Deane (IMO). Fjortoft finished for fun, but the rest of the team needed to do their jobs to get him what he needed. Deane frequently had to do it for himself and could often create for others.

But the rest of the team would score more around Deane (IMO). Fjortoft finished for fun, but the rest of the team needed to do their jobs to get him what he needed. Deane frequently had to do it for himself and could often create for others.

Fjortoft could do everything that Deane could and I have no doubt that if he'd have been with us for the same amount of time that Deane was, he'd have become as big a hero.

That's not taking anything away from Deane who was an absolute superstar for us but imo Fjortoft was exceptionally talented.

Thanks for that. Think what I meant was he wasn't prolific. I knew he'd only got one season in the 20's.
Cheers
In fairness, a couple of those are very close to a dozen!

Back
Top Bottom