Pete Whitney RIP

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not many Blades will not know or have heard of Pete Whitney. He and Beryl have been supporters for as long as I can remember. He's been poorly for a while, but still a very sad loss.
I was told this morning, a very big loss. He did an awful lot of work for The Supporters Club over the years and travelled the country watching The Blades. Condolences to Beryl and family.

Another sad loss of a Blade.
Condolences to family & friends.

RIP Pete. He was obviously well respected by all at Bramall Lane.

Club News
RIP Pete Whitney
1 Hour ago

Large

Management and staff are saddened to learn of the passing over the weekend of former chair of the Sheffield United Supporters' Club, Pete Whitney.
Pete was a true Blade and it was a lifelong devotion. Always an active face on the Supporters' Club scene, he took a leading role in the 1980s and it was one that he took great pride in performing, always with his wife Beryl at his side as she performed the role of secretary. There were very much a team in every sense of the word.

Pete was liked and respected by all who dealt with him. He had the friendship of many United managers and directors over the years and was always viewed as a figure of trust in the corridors of Sheffield United.
Pete stepped down from the role of chair of the supporters' group several years ago, but remained a committee member, offering his wealth of experience and advice wherever needed on behalf of his beloved Sheffield United and his colleagues in the Supporters' Club.
The thoughts of all at Bramall Lane are with Beryl and the Whitney family at this sad time. Pete and his long, hard service on behalf of those fans who became a part of the Supporters' Club family is greatly appreciated by all those at Sheffield United who had cause to work with him.
Rest in peace, Pete.

Pete and Beryl sit in front of me in the South Stand and I have known them for many a year. My condolences to Beryl and the family, who understandably will be devastated. Pete was undoubtedly Sheffield United through and through and a great servant of the supporters club and always had the interest of the ordinary supporter at heart. He will be sadly missed.

Oldham (a) in March 1990. Pete was sat behind me and my dad and we were near Oldham fans (Corrie St Kevin Webster was there). Throughout the 2nd half I had to calm my dad down as he kept on goading the Oldham fans and Pete found it amusing!

Oldham (a) in March 1990. Throughout the 2nd half I had to calm my dad down as he kept on goading the Oldham fans and Pete found it amusing!
All coming out now Silent. Int it?

RIP Blade.

I had the pleasure of sitting near pete & Beryl in the south stand for a few years, lovely man who will be sadly missed, thoughts with Beryl and family at this sad time. Fly high Blade ⚔❤

Always seemed a decent fella if I travelled on the Sportsman coach.

I've seen today that he was 84 or 85. Time seems to fly.

Sad news , he used to sort me out with match tickets years ago when I travelled over (from Ireland) and I would have been on the phone to him as well , .. he got me and me mates tickets for 6-0 loss at Maine road 1997 I think .. hadn't seen him in a long while and bumped into him at the lane about 3 years ago .. gentlemen .. rest in peace Pete

RIP Pete, many a friendly conversation all over the place over the years. Thoughts with Beryl and family.

Not many Blades will not know or have heard of Pete Whitney. He and Beryl have been supporters for as long as I can remember. He's been poorly for a while, but still a very sad loss.

One of my early memories of United was reading Pete and Beryl's Supporters Club column in the programme. Bless 'em.

Back
Top Bottom