Patience

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Davalon

Live for today
Reaction score
Get some.

We can all see areas of weakness but Rome wasn't built in a day and a new manager is having to work with what he has.

He has a way of playing that I want us to persevere with because it's not only enjoyable to watch, but sustainable if we want to progress.

This current team may well get caught by wily Champ teams and managers but those are going absolutely nowhere playing like they do.

We're mid table 4 points off the play offs still in September, whilst clearly still being a work in progress.

I agree we look to have a bit of a soft underbelly at times but the answer isn't to rip up the blueprint.

I've seen a few comments since last night along the lines of stop playing it out from the back and that Davies is too soft etc.

Playing from the back is the way to go anyway imho but not sure what other options we have with this squad. Lump it to McBurnie?

As for Davies he's not only proven at this level but was signed by the PL champions.

We need to stay in the mix and then see what January brings.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I honestly think some of our fans need to evolve.

Listening to some is like listening to uneducated parents on a Sunday morning who when 11 year old little Johnny tries to play football, he gets admonished and told to just get rid of it.

Get some.

We can all see areas of weakness but Rome wasn't built in a day and a new manager is having to work with what he has.

He has a way of playing that I want us to persevere with because it's not only enjoyable to watch, but sustainable if we want to progress.

This current team may well get caught by wily Champ teams and managers but those are going absolutely nowhere playing like they do.

We're mid table 4 points off the play offs still in September, whilst clearly still being a work in progress.

I agree we look to have a bit of a soft underbelly at times but the answer isn't to rip up the blueprint.

I've seen a few comments since last night along the lines of stop playing it out from the back and that Davies is too soft etc.

Playing from the back is the way to go anyway imho but not sure what other options we have with this squad. Lump it to McBurnie?

As for Davies he's not only proven at this level but was signed by the PL champions.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I honestly think some of our fans need to evolve.

Listening to some is like listening to uneducated parents on a Sunday morning who when 11 year old little Johnny tries to play football, he gets admonished and told to just get rid of it.
I can be patient but critical at the same time.
This squad is not good enough for promotion and miles away from surviving in the Premiership, but with 3 transfer windows it could be good enough for both, so I remain patient.

We'll get there and as already said, the football is infinitely better than this time last season.

I am very happy with the direction we are moving in, even if very frustrated by last night.

It felt like a game for Guedioura to start imo, and I was disappointed not to see him on the bench at least.

We go again.

I wouldn't be half as concerned if our foundations for rome weren't built with materials we have to give back in a years time.
In fairness that aspect has been discussed to death, with fair points for both options.
I'd say with £40m sat on the bench, unable to help, we had little option.
In terms of the OP, I agree. We've had a great upturn in watchable football, and this game we've struggled and conceded two cracking goals. This is football. We aren't going to finish on 100 points every season, and we ain't got a barrel of money. So let's crack on.

We'll get there and as already said, the football is infinitely better than this time last season.

I am very happy with the direction we are moving in, even if very frustrated by last night.

It felt like a game for Guedioura to start imo, and I was disappointed not to see him on the bench at least.

We go again.
Yeah I was a bit surprised AG wasn't involved in some part last night.

Last nights performance - was nowhere near as bad as some are making out- there was lots of passing and moving that looked great.

Every football fan wants their team to win everytime, and every fan thinks this year its US-

SJ you can see knows what he's doing.

THe mere fact he leaves Brewster and MCB in my book is a positive- like us he knows they're poor, in this situation that's quite a brave statement.

I thought it was a good game of football to watch and felt we controlled large parts of the game. Most of the approach play was fine but when it came to the final ball we didn't seem to have a clue again. The one that stood out for me was Ndiaye hitting the post in the first half - if he had scored I would have been ecstatic but surely he should have squared it to Osbourne who was in acres of space in front of goal. There seems to be a lack of awareness as to the whereabouts of their teammates much of the time, but I realise it's easy to see these possibilities from the stand (and even more so on TV).

I also thought AG should have come on for the second half but was surprised when Didzy appeared ( I didn't realise he was a sub) and he made a big difference, but how much longer can we rely on Didzy and Billy to carry responsibility for the rest of them?
I came away from the game feeling fairly optimistic, unlike my feelings after West Brom when I felt the day had been a complete waste of time, effort getting there and money

In fairness that aspect has been discussed to death, with fair points for both options.
I'd say with £40m sat on the bench, unable to help, we had little option.
In terms of the OP, I agree. We've had a great upturn in watchable football, and this game we've struggled and conceded two cracking goals. This is football. We aren't going to finish on 100 points every season, and we ain't got a barrel of money. So let's crack on.
No over reaction from me about the result. Can't win them all. Overall the improvement has been good. Just my opinion that if we were going for the short term (promotion this season) it may have been wiser to go with a manager who could more easily use the tools available and isn't a notorious slow starter. If the plan was long term (promotion in two or three seasons) I could also get on aboard, Jokanovic ideal choice but the method for signings is not ideal for long term building.

Well I'm losing my patience with us continually looking like a complete soft touch defensively against any team that shows even an ounce of aggression and presses us.
While I'm on my losing my patience rant those two dog shit strikers who cost £50m between em are getting on my tits for being dog shit and making us rely on Billy.

Get some.

As Fulham fans said we will see more consistency by November time. The attacking threat is there in this team, everyone is getting used to playing at a faster pace.

It's the midfield that needs to tighten up. I think SJ knows exactly what needs to happen.

As Wilder would have said "we need to sort out the bits and pieces" such as winning the individual battles on the pitch.

I think it's alright trying to play out from the back when you've got the players to do it. For me we just lose the ball too many times in poor areas and inevitably we get punished. Also the midfield last night were not strong enough on the ball to play that way (ironically I think Guedioura looks like he is). How many times did Norwood receive the ball, panic, and quickly get rid, which either resulted in him giving it away or putting a team mate under too much pressure. We lost possession far too many times in our own half and that is certainly not sustainable. It's all very well saying we need to persevere with it, but as we all know, it's a results business and the last thing we need is another managerial change.

IMO he played the wrong personnel last night to play a Warnock team.

It's nice to see the flicks and tricks, when they come off, but let's get the basics right first shall we in terms of winning tackles, winning headers, winning first and second balls and generally competing, then the rest can follow.

I think it's alright trying to play out from the back when you've got the players to do it. For me we just lose the ball too many times in poor areas and inevitably we get punished. Also the midfield last night were not strong enough on the ball to play that way (ironically I think Guedioura looks like he is). How many times did Norwood receive the ball, panic, and quickly get rid, which either resulted in him giving it away or putting a team mate under too much pressure. We lost possession far too many times in our own half and that is certainly not sustainable. It's all very well saying we need to persevere with it, but as we all know, it's a results business and the last thing we need is another managerial change.

IMO he played the wrong personnel last night to play a Warnock team.

It's nice to see the flicks and tricks, when they come off, but let's get the basics right first shall we in terms of winning tackles, winning headers, winning first and second balls and generally competing, then the rest can follow.
That's twice now that United under Jokanovic have been comprehensively schooled by more direct managers. Once is chance, you could argue twice is coincidence but if we go to the Dingles and lose because we're not able to physically compete it'll start to look negligent.

That's twice now that United under Jokanovic have been comprehensively schooled by more direct managers. Once is chance, you could argue twice is coincidence but if we go to the Dingles and lose because we're not able to physically compete it'll start to look negligent.
Or it will be a consistent theme that with the current squad is difficult to combat. Easy words but not so easy to make quite small footballing types suddenly become aggressive combative animals.

It might be a good time to remind ourselves what this Fulham fan posted in August...

Many of these players should be able to be combative at this level though as many of them got us out of the championship last time or been part of teams that have got out of the championship.

Winning the individual battles is key now.

Reactions: Dkc
Get some.

Just googled it, it took 1,229 years to build Rome. I cant wait that long, ffs id be like 70 or something by the time it clicks

Just googled it, it took 1,229 years to build Rome. I cant wait that long, ffs id be like 70 or something by the time it clicks
Tbf according to that Weetabix advert on the radio, Rome was built in a day apart from maybe a bit of grouting in the baths.

Looks like I was wrong in my OP.

Back
Top Bottom