Paddy McCarthy confirms his return...............

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

With it now confirmed that he trains with Palace and only travels up for games, I would love to know what the squad think of him. Surely there's a slight fracture in morale due to the Billy big boots London type swanning straight in to the side?​

Maybe Diego could train at York - might get a game that way. But hey - this could be the way to go - think of the savings - train the whole team with other clubs , sell the training ground and sack the coaching staff. This would give NC spare time to take on management of the Burkina Faso National team on a part-time basis to offset his wages - McCabe - over to you :p

With it now confirmed that he trains with Palace and only travels up for games, I would love to know what the squad think of him. Surely there's a slight fracture in morale due to the Billy big boots London type swanning straight in to the side?​
Or they could take the professional approach and think I could learn from his career played at a better level , or I might get some win bonuses ,depends on the player. He doesn't strike me as a billy big boots type actually.

They are professional, this arrangement happens all the time in the game. Quite what you'd want to spin a negative from what is a real positive is beyond me!

Maybe Diego could train at York - might get a game that way. But hey - this could be the way to go - think of the savings - train the whole team with other clubs , sell the training ground and sack the coaching staff. This would give NC spare time to take on management of the Burkina Faso National team on a part-time basis to offset his wages - McCabe - over to you :p

Not a bad idea, to be honest.

Think of the money we could save and sign new strikers.

Oh, erm, hang on ...

pommpey

Where was this confirmed? Unless I'm mistaken his one month loan ended so he went back to Palace. He was/is ineligible for The FA Cup and JPT, so will resign for us on loan before the Donny league match until the end of the year.

According to Nigel "Paddy asked us whether it would cause a problem when he first agreed to come here because he didn’t want the rest of the lads to think he was t*****g it off. That shows the character of the man and his professionalism too but it wasn’t an issue at all.
“We, as a group of staff, were happy for him to do that because he’s an experienced player who you know is going to be looked after properly and do the right things down there. But we mentioned it to the team and they didn’t have a problem either, especially after they saw the type of performances he was putting in.”:-

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/shef...first-impressions-counted-for-paddy-1-6937760

Personally, I think it would be better if he stayed up in Sheffield for training at least 2 days a week (when they work on set pieces and the opposition).

Really don't understand why this arrangement is allowed to carry on:
(i) Is McCarthy really better than what we have? Alcock & McEveley have shown they can cover CB, and we have Kennedy (who seems to be highly-rated but not enough to actually play), McGahey & Collins (remember him?). And a proven L1 CB who is now persona non grata.
(ii) As Alan Hansen will tell you, CB play is all about partnerships. How does training 200 miles away help with set-piece drills etc.?

Surely this is down to the manager and his team. They will have come across this situation before and won't have had their arms twisted. I think we have to trust the people who have played professional football and now manage professional football teams

Got to stick with same cb pairing so Paddy on bench for Sat...

Delighted with that. Injuries to our front line have made it obvious we need depth and more to the point, quality depth.

Got to stick with same cb pairing so Paddy on bench for Sat...

What? After he's gone to all the trouble of packing an overnight bag and trailing all the way up to Sheffield the night before. No chance! ;)

Billy Big Boots is contracted to a Premier League side - if any of the squad have an issue, watch and learn - perhaps then they may aspire to playing in a higher level than third division !

He looks head and shoulders better than any of our centre backs - McGahey should certainly benefit playing alongside McCarthy !

Reckon he can bundle Dwight Gayle into his boot next time he drives up?

Billy Big Boots is contracted to a Premier League side - if any of the squad have an issue, watch and learn - perhaps then they may aspire to playing in a higher level than third division !

He looks head and shoulders better than any of our centre backs - McGahey should certainly benefit playing alongside McCarthy !
Mcarthy may be contracted to Palace but he certainly ain't in Warnocks first team plans he'd get ripped apart in the Prem probably in the championship as well.
A journeyman looking for a last few bob.

He was Captain and is coming back from injury. Desperately trying to force his way back into the side, as was the Beard.

Hardly a journeyman looking for a few bob!

Is this one of those two strikers we were talking about,get in there,i knew they'd pull through.:rolleyes:

Mcarthy may be contracted to Palace but he certainly ain't in Warnocks first team plans he'd get ripped apart in the Prem probably in the championship as well.
A journeyman looking for a last few bob.

If he's a journeyman looking for a last few bob the rest of the squad may as well pack in professional football and look to make a living outside the game !

If he's a journeyman looking for a last few bob the rest of the squad may as well pack in professional football and look to make a living outside the game !
So he's been outstanding for us has he.
I'd rather build the central defence around Basham/Mcevely

It's no coincidence that against some really poor sides we look like conceding at nearly every set piece or cross.You have to get a good understanding between your defence,especially the pairing in the middle and this starts from training.The club could sell the carpet from underneath some fans feet and they would still think it's fine:rolleyes:

This reminds me of when I used to play at Goals in one of their leagues.

We would struggle to get 5 players each week so we would have to ask Goals to get us a player, every time they did it was plain for all to see that there was absolutely no cohesion to the 'loan' player and the rest of the team. One week it even got to the point where the 'loan' player managed to tackle and injure one of our regular players, that was a particularly funny highlight of the desperate situation.

Back
Top Bottom