Interesting (depressing) Sky stat

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ekke287

Arrives precisely when he means to.
Reaction score
A stat that appeared on screen during the game, I think at 0-3, the most goals conceded from crosses this season.

1st Sheffield United - 9
2nd Crystal Palace - 3

How have we become so weak in this area? Every ball in to the box seems to result in a chance / goal, it’s like our lads have forgotten how to defend.

I don’t remember this being a huge issue last season, but to me even the quality of the opposition argument doesn’t really hold weight as we’re not getting outmuscled etc, they’re quite often free headers.

What’s going wrong? Has the communication between the back three completely stopped? Is it Anel? Is it Egan? Is it both?

I know we’re up against it every game this season, just seems odd that we’re leaking goals from crosses, seemingly from nowhere based on last season.

Do you reckon Anel practices heading in training then just pulls shirts in games? Hmmm

Reactions: sjl
Possibly partly related to playing with a compact defense, so teams are playing through us less than they are crossing from the flanks? Happened a lot Vs Man City with Grealish etc being pushed out wide and being forced to cross it....that and generally being shite in the air?

What I would give to have a fit JOC in the back three again...

It needs looking at urgently. Stats don't lie. It's a serious weakness to our game and continue.

I'm in the back PH camp still, but there should be an acknowledgement that that display, heads going down and giving up is totally unacceptable. The manager should be told the buck sits with him and he needs to not let that happen again. If he needs to bang a few heads together or let a couple go, then so be it.

A stat that appeared on screen during the game, I think at 0-3, the most goals conceded from crosses this season.

1st Sheffield United - 9
2nd Crystal Palace - 3

How have we become so weak in this area? Every ball in to the box seems to result in a chance / goal, it’s like our lads have forgotten how to defend.

I don’t remember this being a huge issue last season, but to me even the quality of the opposition argument doesn’t really hold weight as we’re not getting outmuscled etc, they’re quite often free headers.

What’s going wrong? Has the communication between the back three completely stopped? Is it Anel? Is it Egan? Is it both?

I know we’re up against it every game this season, just seems odd that we’re leaking goals from crosses, seemingly from nowhere based on last season.
Anel is totally shot a the moment what the fucks happened to him

Our back 5 is too flat and our midfield is too narrow.

Most teams get the ball and go down the line unchallenged until they get near our area.

We need to start setting up like we actually believe we belong at this level. Wing backs need to be higher which will widen our shape in the middle.

Or we can just continue playing every game like a league one team has drawn a premier League team in the cup. Park the bus, lose most games by the odd goal. Maybe fluke a win one day.

Back
Top Bottom