Our strikeforce and squad depth not good enough

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

theres 15 other clubs in the prem with the same problem
not uncommon in the prem
arsenal have a song about it

Total agreement with both those points but we don’t have to be one of those 15 clubs.

Liverpool have won 18 by more than one goal this season and Man City 20. That’s where we should be looking (for inspration not players), don’t get me wrong I’m not one of those dickheads who thinks we should spunk a billion quid at it and do it next season.

Not only am I immensely proud of what we have achieved in the last 4 years I’m also immensely proud of the way we have achieved it. But that doesn’t mean we should buy some strikers for a few quid and mould them into what we want. We need a clinical strike force and we need to buy the finished article, or as close as we can get for the money we have.

I want us in the prem long term, but in the short term (next 5 years) we need to be a Leicester or a Wolves or at least a Burnley. We don’t want to be a Watford or Brighton or Bournemouth.

Hope that hasn’t read too much like a Billy Big Bollox.

As it stands, the opposition can be relatively comfortable that if they score 2 they'll beat us. We don't have to suddenly go and score 60+ goals. But we are likely to concede a few more next season just based on luck and regression so we need to be up near 50 if we want to try and maintain a chance of another top 10 finish

Total agreement with both those points but we don’t have to be one of those 15 clubs.

Liverpool have won 18 by more than one goal this season and Man City 20. That’s where we should be looking (for inspration not players), don’t get me wrong I’m not one of those dickheads who thinks we should spunk a billion quid at it and do it next season.

Not only am I immensely proud of what we have achieved in the last 4 years I’m also immensely proud of the way we have achieved it. But that doesn’t mean we should buy some strikers for a few quid and mould them into what we want. We need a clinical strike force and we need to buy the finished article, or as close as we can get for the money we have.

I want us in the prem long term, but in the short term (next 5 years) we need to be a Leicester or a Wolves or at least a Burnley. We don’t want to be a Watford or Brighton or Bournemouth.

Hope that hasn’t read too much like a Billy Big Bollox.
As we are pretty bereft of philanthropic billionaires on our board our progress will have to be more incremental than incredible. We have maintained our ability to be ruthless with the chaff. The next aim is to take out the 3 below 5th that beat us
And get a point or 3 against the top 5 .
Personally would take 1-0 v Liverpool man city man u and leicester any time.
Our conversion ratio is one area where theres plenty of scope to improve. Not necessarily with a lot of new faces . All our players are now prem players and can all improve with experience.

I think as a minimum we need reinforcements/better back up in the following areas;

GK - Henderson (unlikely now)/ Ramsdale/ the various Turkish keepers we are linked with
RWB - Bogle/Cash(likely more expensive)
RCB - Adarabioyo (potentially on loan?)
CB - Rodon
LWB - Not urgent as I think Osborn and Robinson can compete here. But I think over the next year or two this is going to be important, given Stevens' age - maybe RND can step up?
RCM - Swift, Buendia (I think we need two as Lundstram seems to be leaving)
FW - King, Brewster (loan)

I think as a minimum we need reinforcements/better back up in the following areas;

GK - Henderson (unlikely now)/ Ramsdale/ the various Turkish keepers we are linked with
RWB - Bogle/Cash(likely more expensive)
RCB - Adarabioyo (potentially on loan?)
CB - Rodon
LWB - Not urgent as I think Osborn and Robinson can compete here. But I think over the next year or two this is going to be important, given Stevens' age - maybe RND can step up?
RCM - Swift, Buendia (I think we need two as Lundstram seems to be leaving)
FW - King, Brewster (loan)
Cakir if Henderson doesn’t come back
Bogle/Cash=neither better than Baldock and very pricey.
Adarabioyo=Bambi on ice
Rodon= Makes Anderton look hard! Legs like Weetaix - In - Hot - Milk
Swift is more a 10, as is Buendia?

Not at all like i said i can take it if we have a go but the performances against Everton and Leicester were absolutely garbage.
Garbage?
A bit like some of your grammar and diction. Bet your fun to watch our amazing team with.😨You've perfected the art of exaggeration that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom