Incoming? Only one in before Palace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hate to sound negative but this was coming.
I had zero faith that the owner and his recruitment team had the ability to identify the players he would realistically sanction as signings.
There’s this weird belief that PA is doing a great job and we have some excellent recruitment t team that’s been scouting g Europe and preparing transfers ready to go in the style of Brighton, Brentford etc.

I suspect the reality is a tiny fraction of the resources they assign to their recruitment added to the mid table championship budget the PA can afford. So it makes sense that we will only be picking up absolute gambles and huge risks, that are most likely just going to be way out of their depth.

Fact is….quality isn’t cheap. All clubs know who’s out there and those hidden gems and bargains just aren’t that easy to get when others can just step in and pay more.

Until the owner has gone this so t going to get any better, we are just kicking the van down the road waiting for this season to pass before we can level out there

The only news I’m interested in tomorrow is heading that he’s found a buyer and he / she isn’t on Interpol’s Most Wanted List.

Youre just being silly now
Osula and jebbison are both miles better than adebayo
Mcburnie is ten times the player morris is
Nakamba maybe if we dont sign any midfielders at all
Kaminski must mean you dont rate fods at all
The other two i like chong but never really got giles but ill give you them
mcburnie ten times the player morris is are you having a laugh 😳

And they haven’t bought anyone, have 100m in the bank and the manager is in a public war with the recruitment team….things can always be worse

Bringing Alvarez in from Ajax for £40m.
They also have a decent enough PL squad.
Things there aren't as bad as here. We are as bad as it gets in the PL.

The only news I’m interested in tomorrow is heading that he’s found a buyer and he / she isn’t on Interpol’s Most Wanted List.

That made me laugh!
Would be nice wouldn’t it. Can’t believe those two chances got as far as they did with the purchase of the club!

So PH said in interview today we're close on 1 before Palace, but wants more. Smith is saying we'll be lucky to get that 1. Who do we trust?
Neither I think. Since the radio Sheffield interview Hecky has made a point to repeatedly say how short we are and how he needs bodies through the door. He’s not talking to the fans there he’s talking to the owner and I think is doing so again here saying get on with it get me another target through the door this week.

Darren is talking directly to the fans and I think trying to manage expectations downwards to try and limit any adverse reaction to us not getting anyone.

I don’t think either is telling the unvarnished truth.

something not right at the lane and hecky sounds as though hes getting quite frustrated it just looks as though weve accepted relegation and bringing players in for the championship next year know other teams especially forest last season have overspent but you just cant compete in the modern day premier league unless you bring good quality players in and to do that you also have to offer proper premier league salaries were doing neither

What I don't get, this muppet Smith says we're advanced with 3 targets but yet says it'll likely be only 1 before Palace. Would love to know what he thinks advanced actually means.

What I don't get, this muppet Smith says we're advanced with 3 targets but yet says it'll likely be only 1 before Palace. Would love to know what he thinks advanced actually means.

If you was cynical, then I suppose you could think that DS is the unofficial mouthpiece of the owner who leaks information and rumours to help pacify the fans and keep them onside. Natives getting restless with lack of incoming players who will be starters in the team after selling your star player.... Get the PR team to tell the fans that we are so so close on numerous targets, that should keep em happy. Perhaps throw in the time honoured 'working really hard behind the scenes' (most of us do every day and have to actually produce results or we don't get paid) and that should do the trick. Yes football transfers can move and change and we recognise that we are trying to get value for money, but there comes a point when if you really need something then you may have to be prepared to get your hands in your pocket even if you can't afford the really best stuff out there.

If Uniteds board / transfer team were in charge of buying a new bed after chucking out the old one after it was no longer fit for purpose, we'd be sleeping on the settee for months whilst we waited for Benson's for Beds to get round to having a sale. Of course we would be given a couple of nice new duvet sets to help keep us happy in the meantime whilst being told the old settee is still fairly comfy. That settee does a job but it's not really what we need long term and the lack of proper sleep is starting to show...

Last edited:
Hate to sound negative but this was coming.
I had zero faith that the owner and his recruitment team had the ability to identify the players he would realistically sanction as signings.
There’s this weird belief that PA is doing a great job and we have some excellent recruitment t team that’s been scouting g Europe and preparing transfers ready to go in the style of Brighton, Brentford etc.

I suspect the reality is a tiny fraction of the resources they assign to their recruitment added to the mid table championship budget the PA can afford. So it makes sense that we will only be picking up absolute gambles and huge risks, that are most likely just going to be way out of their depth.

Fact is….quality isn’t cheap. All clubs know who’s out there and those hidden gems and bargains just aren’t that easy to get when others can just step in and pay more.

Until the owner has gone this so t going to get any better, we are just kicking the van down the road waiting for this season to pass before we can level out there
Agree

Until he sells we are walking on very thin ice and only going one way, and that’s not progressing in a forward direction .

We seem to be quite an unattractive option for potential new players - the Prince is either viewed as a great owner who kept his nerve during the Jan 23 trans window - or a bluffer who couldn’t offload IN and Berge despite his best efforts and used the outcome to promote and spin how he has backed the manager and club at a crucial time .

We are in no way equipped to compete at PL level and the Prince doesn’t want to provide the funds to do so .

We are caught between a rock and a hard place . He loves the associated glory - ie when we reached the FA semi and gained promotion he suddenly appeared from nowhere and was all over the media like a rash .

He needs to make up his mind - because we seem to be heading for an embarrassing outcome -

We have been promoted to the Prem , probably the highest profile league in the world - it feels to most of us that we have been relegated . The leadership and mindset of the owner is improving our club for the worse .

Back
Top Bottom