Incoming? Only one in before Palace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

2 and a half weeks to the first game, since we’ve known Ndaiye was going and we can’t manage more than 1 signing

Appreciate the complexity of transfer dealing but that lack of urgency is startling given we’re in danger of writing 10% of the season off with a sub par squad to the deadline.

We’re spiralling in negativity at the moment and it should be such an easy win to freshen the squad up and inject some excitement again.

We start with marsh and osula upfront and someone needs firing

You've contradicted yourself there.....you say you appreciate the complexity but then show how you have no appreciation of the complexity.

The situation with some transfers is, some clubs will say
"OK you can have player X but we trying to sign his replacement, so once we have the replacement then you can have player X".

It's like buying a house, your bid has been accepted but the vendor can only move out once they've bought another house.
If we're involved in a chain, what do we say? "sorry take the deal or leave it" or do we stay patient...knowing the deal is almost done.

Often you find the best signings are the ones done right at the end of the window.
If we paid over the odds like a Chelsea etc...then we'd probably get our player in instantly but we're being run properly.

If Darren is right, we're really are going to be up against for the Palace game with no further signings likely next week. Which is seriously concerning when we have had two weeks to sign replacements following the departure of Ndiaye, and we've only secured a LCB.

Look very much a poorer side than we did last year, screaming out for additions in midfield and upfront. Lets hope when they do come they are quality additions, as suspect that's why we been taking our time to secure the best quality signings we possibly can.

You've contradicted yourself there.....you say you appreciate the complexity but then show how you have no appreciation of the complexity.

The situation with some transfers is, some clubs will say
"OK you can have player X but we trying to sign his replacement, so once we have the replacement then you can have player X".

It's like buying a house, your bid has been accepted but the vendor can only move out once they've bought another house.
If we're involved in a chain, what do we say? "sorry take the deal or leave it" or do we stay patient...knowing the deal is almost done.

Often you find the best signings are the ones done right at the end of the window.
If we paid over the odds like a Chelsea etc...then we'd probably get our player in instantly but we're being run properly.

Mad how Luton have signed half a dozen players that would walk into our starting line up atm then isnt it?

I know we will improve the side but our current squad is barely championship and we arnt going to have additions any time soon. It’s going to be a long old season and I don’t think it’s asking too much too make a couple of these happen before it’s to late.

And I also disagree on well run - weren’t we failing to pay suppliers and under an embargo last year.

If Darren is right, we're really are going to be up against for the Palace game with no further signings likely next week. Which is seriously concerning when we have had two weeks to sign replacements following the departure of Ndiaye, and we've only secured a LCB.

Look very much a poorer side than we did last year, screaming out for additions in midfield and upfront. Lets hope when they do come they are quality additions, as suspect that's why we been taking our time to secure the best quality signings we possibly can.

at this rate i wont be unhappy with a point against palace i really think the club are halfhearted about staying in the premier league our signings so far suggest to me that we cant afford to bring quality players in that would give us a chance of survival and were preparing for another crack at promotion from the championship next year

Mad how Luton have signed half a dozen players that would walk into our starting line up atm then isnt it?

I know we will improve the side but our current squad is barely championship and we arnt going to have additions any time soon. It’s going to be a long old season and I don’t think it’s asking too much too make a couple of these happen before it’s to late.

And I also disagree on well run - weren’t we failing to pay suppliers and under an embargo last year.

I would say Chong and Giles would get into our best 11 at the moment. Not sure which others would.

I would say Chong and Giles would get into our best 11 at the moment. Not sure which others would.

I was being facetious to be fair but it’s hard to overstate how much Anderson and ogbene would be significant improvements on the 11 today and the overall squad we have assembled.

We need an influx of new blood massively. Not one signing so far improves the starting 11 we were promoted with (trusty- maybe but JLT was decent last year). We are much worse overall.

We need to address that and if that means giving in slightly on some negotiation points or giving it a final push. It’s at the stage where we need to do that before 10/20% of the season has gone and we are still trying to embed new players.

Nathan Hemmingham interview with Hecky has said Hecky expects one before Palace but of course that won't mean they'll be in the team for Palace; this is the issue for signings from now on that they've missed the pre-season with us. But at least we know we're trying and new incomings will come by the sound if it, it's just when. Wonder who the next through will be? Akpom the most likely I would guess, but it might be Souza.

Kaminski, Giles, Chong, Nakamba, Adebayo, Morris...
In terms of new signings though, Giles and Chong would add something but overall their business isn't anything to write home about. By the end of the window I would say I'd rather our business over there's. We need to patient as fans, it's annoying we can't get them in earlier but it is what it is and our best players our likely to come in later in the window, those in already are likely to be squad players bar Trusty who will almost certainly be a starter and he looks a great piece of business.

Yes I nearly choked when i read we are well run . WHERE HAVE THESE PEOPLE BEEN FOR THE LAST 18 MONTH .

The club is proving to be a badly run joke Abdullah is lucky this interview is recorded or it would be carnage

After watching the game today, we honestly looked far better with Brooks and Neil playing!

Adebayo and Morris aren't new though? But absolutely would give them a shot considering our lack of forward options.

Like I say, agree on Chong and Giles, maybe Nakamba. Not sure on Kaminski though, as I think Wes is fine.

Apart from the starting line up needing obvious improvements, today's bench was a huge concern 🚩 Its very hard to remain positive. Multiple signings needed asap, feel so sorry for Hecky!

Apart from the starting line up needing obvious improvements, today's bench was a huge concern 🚩 Its very hard to remain positive. Multiple signings needed asap, feel so sorry for Hecky!
You do know that there was another match against Stuttgart at4pm? All the other players were involved in that (therefore not on the bench)🥴

I don’t think many would agree on the Luton comment. I am not sure that all of them will get in the Luton side !

Youre just being silly now
Osula and jebbison are both miles better than adebayo
Mcburnie is ten times the player morris is
Nakamba maybe if we dont sign any midfielders at all
Kaminski must mean you dont rate fods at all
The other two i like chong but never really got giles but ill give you them

So PH said in interview today we're close on 1 before Palace, but wants more. Smith is saying we'll be lucky to get that 1. Who do we trust?

You do know that there was another match against Stuttgart at4pm? All the other players were involved in that (therefore not on the bench)🥴
Wish I could have seen that one, cos first match was embarrassing!

Hate to sound negative but this was coming.
I had zero faith that the owner and his recruitment team had the ability to identify the players he would realistically sanction as signings.
There’s this weird belief that PA is doing a great job and we have some excellent recruitment t team that’s been scouting g Europe and preparing transfers ready to go in the style of Brighton, Brentford etc.

I suspect the reality is a tiny fraction of the resources they assign to their recruitment added to the mid table championship budget the PA can afford. So it makes sense that we will only be picking up absolute gambles and huge risks, that are most likely just going to be way out of their depth.

Fact is….quality isn’t cheap. All clubs know who’s out there and those hidden gems and bargains just aren’t that easy to get when others can just step in and pay more.

Until the owner has gone this so t going to get any better, we are just kicking the van down the road waiting for this season to pass before we can level out there

The bench today was that way because of the 4 O'clock game mate, where we had matchday squad players involved.

Back
Top Bottom