One To Watch

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tony_Kaufman

Here's a truck stop instead of St Peter's
Reaction score
Feel free to post any players who have caught your eye who you think the Blades could have a potential chance of signing, but make them at least moderately realistic please.

I'm going to set the ball rolling with Rocco Vata.

18 years old from Celtic. He's a right winger but can also play up top as a second striker. He's currently playing for their B team. He's a Republic of Ireland under-21 international and has already been in fine goal scoring form at that level. He recently played with Sam Curtis in the latest under-21 match where he bagged a hat trick.

He's only 5'9 but has pace in abundance and a healthy knack for scoring.

Celtic have previously turned down bids for him and he's out of contract in the summer, but so far he hasn't put pen to paper on the new deal offered.

Whilst Celtic B is a low level, his ability to score at under-21 international level suggests he could play at Championship level. Could the Curtis connection help?

Feel free to post any players who have caught your eye who you think the Blades could have a potential chance of signing, but make them at least moderately realistic please.

I'm going to set the ball rolling with Rocco Vata.

18 years old from Celtic. He's a right winger but can also play up top as a second striker. He's currently playing for their B team. He's a Republic of Ireland under-21 international and has already been in fine goal scoring form at that level. He recently played with Sam Curtis in the latest under-21 match where he bagged a hat trick.

He's only 5'9 but has pace in abundance and a healthy knack for scoring.

Celtic have previously turned down bids for him and he's out of contract in the summer, but so far he hasn't put pen to paper on the new deal offered.

Whilst Celtic B is a low level, his ability to score at under-21 international level suggests he could play at Championship level. Could the Curtis connection help?

Sounds like what you'd get if you went to B&M looking for a Benie Traore tbqh

It may seem a bit of an obvious one now but I've been a fan of Morgan Whittaker for a couple of years. If only this thread existed back then.

Charlie Hughes CB at Wigan 20 years old England Under 20 international and has played most games for them this season he’ll go higher than Wigan and might be one to look at as a decent investment for a relatively small outlay in the summer.

Sam Tickle another one at Wigan he’s their number 1 keeper and has played most games this season is only 21 and an England under 21 international he’s another one who will become much more expensive once he’s in the championship.

Charlie Hughes CB at Wigan 20 years old England Under 20 international and has played most games for them this season he’ll go higher than Wigan and might be one to look at as a decent investment for a relatively small outlay in the summer.

Sam Tickle another one at Wigan he’s their number 1 keeper and has played most games this season is only 21 and an England under 21 international he’s another one who will become much more expensive once he’s in the championship.
Pair Sam with Harry Maguire at Centre Half and you've got Slab and Tickle. Shortly worth a punt.

Should be a good keeper with arms like that
Screenshot_20240326_113158_Google.jpg

Tyler Bindon 19 CB for Reading and full New Zealand international again played most of the season for them and is attracting interest from higher up. If Reading haven’t got their takeover sorted by the summer or if they still need to balance the books he could be a very cheap pick up in the summer

With McBurnie and Jebbo out the door Miles Leaburn from Charlton could be a decent shout.

20 year old 6.5ft striker that was linked with some Prem teams before an injury which has put him out of action this season, a risk with injuries but could be a top talent for a relatively small outlay if he gets back to playing regularly.

Harry Clarke (RB) and Leif Davis(LB / LCB) have both impressed me when I've seen Ipswich.

Callum O'Hare is my #1 target if I was the manager

Sammie Szmodics at Blackburn is having a great season

Sam Tickle……don’t make me laugh

Nat Phillips on loan from Liverpool at Cardiff, best central defender in the championship.
I know we've had our fingers burned with signings from Liverpool in the past but this lad comes with bags of experience and desire.

Nat Phillips on loan from Liverpool at Cardiff, best central defender in the championship.
I know we've had our fingers burned with signings from Liverpool in the past but this lad comes with bags of experience and desire.

He’s 27 and has barely played 70 professional games. I’m not sure where the bags of experience comes into it.

He’s 27 and has barely played 70 professional games. I’m not sure where the bags of experience comes into it.
That’s the way the game is these days, he’s played half the number of games that Harry had played for us by the time he was 21 when he moved to Hull.

I know he was highly regarded by Klopp, but not highly enough to play him very often and it’s hard to imagine the new Liverpool manager feeling he has a role after the summer, although I think he still has another 12 months on his contract. He’d give us the steel and commitment we currently lack at the back, but I doubt we’d pay anything like what he’s currently on.

He’s been polishing his social skills with Liam Gallagher’s daughter for a while now 🙂

Barry Bannan . Heard a few people saying he’s like the English Messi apparently. Getting on a bit but lives local so might be worth a punt for a small fee but he plays for a big club so might be a struggle to prise him away 😂
As ever UTB !
Lives in Pitsmoor, but Bannan is only his stage name, usually goes by the name Mark Moorhouse or Pitsmoor Pig, hes actually from Manchester, not Scotland, that's a fake accent too, but after making his sister pregnant, he was forced to move over the penines, where he could start a new life, and was picked up by the biggest club in the world, the rest is history.....

Providing Ipswich don't go up and providing he is allowed out on loan next season, I would love to see Omari Hutchinson in a blades short for a season. He is destined for top flight football and perhaps has even done enough this season to pop himself into his parent clubs plans.

He is literally everything we all get giddy about at the lane. He is direct, tricky, pacey, skillful and likes to cause mayhem..
A complete bum off seat sort of player.

Langstaff at Notts County? Top scorer in the conference last season, top scorer in L2 this, only 27 so in his prime. You'd have to imagine someone in the Championship will take a punt on him in the summer and it might as well be us.

Championship

Andy Moran, Irish midfielder on loan from Brighton to Blackburn. Creative, good mobility.

Patino is still worth a look

Ben Sheaf from Coventry if there's any £ to spend. Just an excellent all round CM

Bacuna from Brum seems to have finally started to see the results from his obvious technical ability

Liam Millar from Preston, great ball carrying and lots of end product this season. Think he's possibly out of contract too.

I've always had a soft spot for Siriki Dembele. Causes defenders problems

Burgzog at Hudds. On loanfrom Mainz. Lots of running with the ball. Decent goal return in a terrible team

Back
Top Bottom