One more year?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Player waves and bows to all four sides as he’s subbed in the last home match of a very successful season, both for him and his club,

‘He’s off!!’ ‘Last we’ve seen of him’

Nobody knows….

All we know is he clearly loves the fans and his teammates and loves playing for the club,

I hope that wherever he ends up his talent is not wasted, and becomes a big part player at a bigger club.

The best scenario is we get a new owner with proper investment and build the team around him.

Hopefully he signs another contract with certain clauses and he stays with us for the foreseeable future as we progress as a team and club.

Didn't look anything like a farewell to me, looked like him emphasising how much he appreciates being at the club.

Given that the ownership situation isn't sorted out there's no way any decision has been made about him staying/leaving this year/

According to some pub talk this dinner time.
Both ndiaye and berge will be sold for less than 30 mill combined, we will have to get rid of 45-55% of the current squad, promotion bonuses can't be paid until June when we get the first pl.payment of 35 mill us also.paying other outstanding debts and.loans to keep the club afloat and from going into admin.

Both ndiaye and berge will be sold for less than 30 mill combined, we will have to get rid of 45-55% of the current squad, promotion bonuses can't be paid until June when we get the first pl.payment of 35 mill us also.paying other outstanding debts and.loans to keep the club afloat and from going into admin.
like you said just pub talk

He should have a look at Jack Grealish for the best way to forge a career.

Better setting himself up playing every week, than moving upwards too soon and being a bit part player.

Not really worth repeating

Didn't look anything like a farewell to me, looked like him emphasising how much he appreciates being at the club.

Given that the ownership situation isn't sorted out there's no way any decision has been made about him staying/leaving this y

Like you said. Pub talk.

If we can’t strengthen the team due to a lack of funds available then we will not stay up with or without Illy so you’d have to cash in now.

Selling a player for free of his quality is absolutely the wrong thing to do. If he wants to sign for a better team then we have reinvest that money search for new Ndiayes.

One thing you see with Brighton is this, they sell one of their best and sign a player of promise instead of breaking the bank.
There aren't any more Ndiayes to search for, he's unique,a total one off

Just keep him for the year, he cost us nothing and he owes us nothing. I want to see him in the red and white for another year and will wish him well when he leaves at the end of next season for nothing.

Keep saying this….but it makes no sense to sell.
Fee’s offered will be around the £20m mark due to his contract situation.

If he goes for that fee we have to replace him…and that means 3 options-
1- loan…and you hope to find someone as good as Illy on loan, but realistically that won’t happen because if they are as good as him they won’t be on loan.
So it costs a loan fee, plus wages…so may cost as much as £10m if they are genuinely any good.
2- Buy…and what do you get for £20m these days if they are in a contract? You need to drop lucky on a huge talent from either championship or abroad. And even then they will be paid £40k a week too.
3- Free transfer. Due to wage structure we are out of the running for the best free transfer players like Illy. So end up with players no other team will want in the premier league.

So in all 3 scenarios we have an inferior player to replace him when we need to improve the current squad to stand any chance of staying up.
Added to that, given Illy is currently on a low paid deal, missing out on the £20m is off set somewhat by what we save for a year having to pay bigger wages/loan fees etc for that year.
So…say Illy on £5k…season cost to keep a player of his ability- £250k- plus of course lost fee…so say £20.25m

Option 1 above costs £5m minimum…possibly as much as £10m if we go all out to get someone special looking to make their name in the prem.
Option 2- costs at least £20m… and a lot more over the term of the contract
Option 3- £40-50k a week….so maybe £3.5m minimum depending on signing fee.

However, crucially we can all agree that Illy is irreplaceable for us…you just can’t go find a player like that he is a rarity. And such a gem really could be the difference between staying up and going down!!
And what cost that extra season? £130m?? I honestly feel he would keep us up!

So for me, forget him leaving out of contract as the cost of him going then is far less than what we gain in selling now.
I agree with this and also think that to offer him a contract at £80k a week (as MGW is reported to be on at Forest) makes business sense to us. If we are relegated we will have to sell him anyway but the wages paid out will be recouped in the increased transfer fee we will get when he leaves.
80k a week for 4 years equates to under 17 million. If we could sign a player as good as him for that figure I'd be amazed and that's before any wages that player would want.
I don't think it would destroy our wage structure either - the other players know how good he is as much as we do.

Yeah that's what Forest did. 3 or 4 'players' not fit to lick Illys boots.

The three best players I have seen playing for United are Jimmy Hagan, TC, and Illy.

Wonderful talents; privilege to have seen them.

I would like to see Illy playing for us at least until the January transfer window. There will be a lot of big European and English clubs keen on him, so could get a very good price for him then if we really had to sell because of him intending to go.

with Illy. I wondered when he was subbed and he applauded and bowed to the four sides of the ground if it was a goodbye. If we can keep him for another season that would massively boost our staying up prospects. He is simply magic. If you miss part of the match you might miss a goal or a sending off. With Illy on the pitch you might miss a piece of magic.

As an aside Jebbo was my motm today constant running, set up two goals brilliantly. Physical and pacy. Finally looking a real prospect. Berge is showing the class he always had. Good times! Will be gutted when Iliman leaves though. It's not like MGW or Hendo or even Kyle Walker. Illy is different gravy.
Stop talking out of yer arse ffs

We're not going to get more than 15 million for a player whose total career is effectively one good and one outstanding season in the 2nd tier.

I reckon he'll sign a new two year contract with a massive pay increase and a 25 million or so release clause operative if we go down.

He's destined for elite level club imo. City, Lpool, Man U maybe Newc. He would suit the latter. I could see them making a move especially with Champions League qualification.

May well have been his last appearance in a Blades shirt. I know Marseilles is his boyhood club, CL etc but Ligue One no great shakes. And I'm surprised if he doesn't fancy at least one season in the Prem, the best league in the world according to most in the game.

I bet if Ndiayei has a good start to the season with us and scores a couple of goals and plays brilliantly. all the top clubs will be falling over themselves to buy him. A bidding war will happen. would love to keep Him but I think he will go for as much as we can get for him hopefully. with top players around him. He will be a world-class player. But we already know that don,t we.

I bet if Ndiayei has a good start to the season with us and scores a couple of goals and plays brilliantly. all the top clubs will be falling over themselves to buy him. A bidding war will happen. would love to keep Him but I think he will go for as much as we can get for him hopefully. with top players around him. He will be a world-class player. But we already know that don,t we.
Don't give a fuck were he'll end up Im just fucking sick and tired of so called fans talking about selling him!! And what he's going to achieve, while ever the club and fans act small time that's all we will ever be SMALLTIME!!

Tj blade.
Be careful what you say. I am a season ticket holder go to away games and supported the Blades since 1966 so don't call me a so-called fan. if you read my quote properly I wrote would love to keep him. I suggest getting your brain in gear before commenting. if you think we are small-time why do you bother supporting The Blades?.propper fans like me keep going no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom