One more year?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Camden Blade

Reaction score
with Illy. I wondered when he was subbed and he applauded and bowed to the four sides of the ground if it was a goodbye. If we can keep him for another season that would massively boost our staying up prospects. He is simply magic. If you miss part of the match you might miss a goal or a sending off. With Illy on the pitch you might miss a piece of magic.

As an aside Jebbo was my motm today constant running, set up two goals brilliantly. Physical and pacy. Finally looking a real prospect. Berge is showing the class he always had. Good times! Will be gutted when Iliman leaves though. It's not like MGW or Hendo or even Kyle Walker. Illy is different gravy.

We'd be foolish to sell this summer unless someone offers £40m+, and that won't happen. We might get bids of £10-£15m due to his contract situation but we'll make a lot more than that if he helps to keep us up before leaving on a free.

Something that will probably in the board's minds is that we can't get a hefty sell on if he goes for free, but even so we NEED him next season!

The bloke next to me was fuming when Ndiaye took his shirt off and threw it to the ground. "You bas**rd he shouted, pick it up, you've not left yet.... see he doesn't give a f**k about us any more"....

In which I replied "He gives enough of a f**k to be still scoring goals you numpty"
Unbelievable. McBurnie took his shirt off too. Just a celebration.

We'd be foolish to sell this summer unless someone offers £40m+, and that won't happen. We might get bids of £10-£15m due to his contract situation but we'll make a lot more than that if he helps to keep us up before leaving on a free.

Something that will probably in the board's minds is that we can't get a hefty sell on if he goes for free, but even so we NEED him next season!
💯 per cent. £40 million plus add ons should be the minimum this summer. We do need him. Could be the difference between staying up or going down.

💯 per cent. £40 million plus add ons should be the minimum this summer. We do need him. Could be the difference between staying up or going down.
Definitely 40million plus, he’s a rare talent for sure incredible skills work rate brilliant and he appears to be a top bloke.
Forest get relegated resign MGW and the Blades will rock The Prem.

Elation now replaced by panic and dread after reading this...!

Our no1 priority must be to extend Illys contract.
A year in the premiership will highlight this lads talent enormously, help keep us up and increase his transfer value.

He is without doubt the most gifted & talented player I have seen in a blades shirt. Magical skill level and makes something from nothing (I'm too young to have seen TC live).

Listening in on the commentary and I did get the feeling it was a bit of a farewell. Such an awkward situation that you feel should have been sorted last summer with a new contract on the basis if we didn't get promoted this year, he would be sold.

He seems to love the club, the fans, his team mates etc but he deserves a good solid contract and provably we just can't afford that.

Fingers are well and truely crossed but I wouldn't be betting on him being in the squad come August.

If we can’t strengthen the team due to a lack of funds available then we will not stay up with or without Illy so you’d have to cash in now.

Selling a player for free of his quality is absolutely the wrong thing to do. If he wants to sign for a better team then we have reinvest that money search for new Ndiayes.

One thing you see with Brighton is this, they sell one of their best and sign a player of promise instead of breaking the bank.

Listening in on the commentary and I did get the feeling it was a bit of a farewell. Such an awkward situation that you feel should have been sorted last summer with a new contract on the basis if we didn't get promoted this year, he would be sold.

He seems to love the club, the fans, his team mates etc but he deserves a good solid contract and provably we just can't afford that.

Fingers are well and truely crossed but I wouldn't be betting on him being in the squad come August.
I believe he's the lowest paid first teamer but we tried to rectify it before the season started and he (or his advisors) rejected it. He still does not want to sign a new contract with us

I believe he's the lowest paid first teamer but we tried to rectify it before the season started and he (or his advisors) rejected it. He still does not want to sign a new contract with us
He may do now he ll be playing in the best league (and most watched) worldwide.... Fingers crossed!

His agent either comes to the table to try and negotiate an extension for Ndiaye now that we are in the PL. If the agent still doesn't want to know then I think it's time to try and sell him for what we can get. Would be a real shame and it comes down to what we could get for him. If it's £10m then fuck it, keep him for the final year. If it's £30m then sell him. Ideally be will be telling his agent that he wants to sign a 2 year contract with various clause inserted within to serve all parties interests.

Definitely 40million plus, he’s a rare talent for sure incredible skills work rate brilliant and he appears to be a top bloke.
Forest get relegated resign MGW and the Blades will rock The Prem.

What wage increase would you offer him?
When a player is in the last year of their contract their value plummets.
Only 100 million plus pound players are still valued at 40 million entering their last year of their contract
So if you rate N'Dieye as over £100 mill then do you think he deserves over 200K a week like other £100 million + players?

Also MGW is currently on £80K a week over 5 years.
If he leaves Forest we'd be speaking 100K a week + a £30 million basic transfer fee + add ons.

We'll be struggling to pay players £50K a week, never mind over £100K a week contracts.

Last edited:
I think he'll stay. He's not proved himself worth the big money yet. It's in the interest of both parties to continue with the current deal.

Elation now replaced by panic and dread after reading this...!

Our no1 priority must be to extend Illys contract.
A year in the premiership will highlight this lads talent enormously, help keep us up and increase his transfer value.

He is without doubt the most gifted & talented player I have seen in a blades shirt. Magical skill level and makes something from nothing (I'm too young to have seen TC live).
I've seen TC. I loved TC. Ndiaye is better than TC.

I think he'll stay. He's not proved himself worth the big money yet. It's in the interest of both parties to continue with the current deal.

I agree that it's in the interests of both him and United to extend for another year at least. He signs a 2 year deal now and he is back in the same position of strength next summer and he has had a year in the PL being the main man for a team with a big wage increase. He will have developed even more. The smart call for both is for him to sign an extension and then reassess in 12 months. He will get his big move either way but he could be douch more ready for it in 12 months. Still, if his agent doesn't agree and he's not willing to override his agent then it is what it is....

I rather meant that it's in his and our interests to keep the deal, which he is contracted to, until the end of next season. Who knows who will own us and what will be going on then, but we can't buy many players, and will be keeping most of this squad together until told differently, according to hecky

Always the chance of a random billionaire

Keep saying this….but it makes no sense to sell.
Fee’s offered will be around the £20m mark due to his contract situation.

If he goes for that fee we have to replace him…and that means 3 options-
1- loan…and you hope to find someone as good as Illy on loan, but realistically that won’t happen because if they are as good as him they won’t be on loan.
So it costs a loan fee, plus wages…so may cost as much as £10m if they are genuinely any good.
2- Buy…and what do you get for £20m these days if they are in a contract? You need to drop lucky on a huge talent from either championship or abroad. And even then they will be paid £40k a week too.
3- Free transfer. Due to wage structure we are out of the running for the best free transfer players like Illy. So end up with players no other team will want in the premier league.

So in all 3 scenarios we have an inferior player to replace him when we need to improve the current squad to stand any chance of staying up.
Added to that, given Illy is currently on a low paid deal, missing out on the £20m is off set somewhat by what we save for a year having to pay bigger wages/loan fees etc for that year.
So…say Illy on £5k…season cost to keep a player of his ability- £250k- plus of course lost fee…so say £20.25m

Option 1 above costs £5m minimum…possibly as much as £10m if we go all out to get someone special looking to make their name in the prem.
Option 2- costs at least £20m… and a lot more over the term of the contract
Option 3- £40-50k a week….so maybe £3.5m minimum depending on signing fee.

However, crucially we can all agree that Illy is irreplaceable for us…you just can’t go find a player like that he is a rarity. And such a gem really could be the difference between staying up and going down!!
And what cost that extra season? £130m?? I honestly feel he would keep us up!

So for me, forget him leaving out of contract as the cost of him going then is far less than what we gain in selling now.

He's not going to sign another contract by the look of it.
So, if we get over £20 million (basic) I think we have to sell.
Can't afford to lose £20 million.
Could bring in 2-3 players with that

His exit today could have been read as a goodbye, or just him thanking the fans in the last home game of the season.

We'll see I suppose.

I will be gutted to see him go, but if he and his agent won't sign a new deal then we either play him for a year and lose him for 3, or cash in whilst he is hot property.

Hopefully the Prince gets another buyer sorted and we can at least offer the kind of money that will entice him to stay.

If he's truly on a low wage it's not in our interests to sell now unless it's for a big fee which is unlikely. Offer him a new deal with a low ish release clause of 35/40 million reducing if we go down He shines and keeps us up we both win. He gets a big move we get money for him and he gets better wages for a year.

My brother was waiting on him to score for £1000.

Bastard didn't share his bet with his brother did he? Oh no. Shared it with his pal though. Bread and jam next week for us.

Back
Top Bottom