Once a Blade, always a Blade? - Where are they now?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fleetwood – Paul Coutts
Bradford – Clayton Donaldson
Grimsby – James Hanson
A few on the list I think highlight just what a great manager Wilder is, but the contributions of these contrasted with where they are now stand out. Coutts and Donaldson could have been key players in a Championship playoff push had Coutts not broken his leg.

Also there are a lot of our current first team squad who would be nowhere near the PL if they weren’t with us. That’s no slight on them, it’s an indication of how Wilder squeezes every last drop of effort and ability out of his players and how their talents would be utterly wasted elsewhere - epitomised by Chris Basham who I predict will use his physical fitness, determination and modest skill to great effect this season, much to the bemusement of everyone outside S2, but would probably be mooching around the top half of League One if not for our resurgence under Wilder.
Ben Woodburn is now on loan at Oxford United.
😂 😂
Buxton – Diego DeGirolamo
🤣 🤣
Notts County – Michael Doyle
A great pro and honest player. A shame his ability was so far short of his loyalty and passion. I actually have fond memories of him now, not just for his penalty at Wet Sham, but his reaction after the playoff defeats and how he always wore his heart on his sleeve and gave everything.
Harrogate – Jon Stead
Another great pro, glad to see he’s still playing.

Harrogate – Lloyd Kerry, Jon Stead

Great post!

However, just to be pedantic, Jon Stead does not play for Harrogate. He plays for Harrogate Town. There are two clubs in Harrogate, Town and Railway and they get annoyed at being called Harrogate just as we get annoyed at being called Sheffield ;)

I had a season ticket at Town last season for their first ever season in the National League. Only 25 minutes by bus from Chez Moi in North Leeds. They have a great set of fans who are very vociferous and they have a really good set up at their stadium. MNice club house with excellent ale and fabulous on site catering. I'm sure Northyorksblade will concur ;)

A couple of Aussies:

Lawrence Thomas - Melbourne Victory. Was contracted for a few months in 2011. He's done ok since.
Marc Warren - Marconi Stallions.

Great post!

However, just to be pedantic, Jon Stead does not play for Harrogate. He plays for Harrogate Town. There are two clubs in Harrogate, Town and Railway and they get annoyed at being called Harrogate just as we get annoyed at being called Sheffield ;)

I had a season ticket at Town last season for their first ever season in the National League. Only 25 minutes by bus from Chez Moi in North Leeds. They have a great set of fans who are very vociferous and they have a really good set up at their stadium. MNice club house with excellent ale and fabulous on site catering. I'm sure Northyorksblade will concur ;)
Indeed, nice ground and clubhouse, not far from the town centre. Shortened to Town if anything. Both came on, quite late on as subs yesterday.

Whatever happened to Hao Haidong? Looked really promising in his 20 minutes vs. Swansea in the FA Cup in 2007! Surprised we didn’t see more of that lad! 😂

Carlos Pomares plays for Extremadura in Spanish 2nd division

Justin Haber – playing for Gzira United in the Maltese Premier League.

Daniel Bogdanovic – also in Malta and finished playing for Xewkija Tigers of the Gozo Football League last season, before becoming manager this summer of Ghanjnsielem FC in the same league.

Can't believe Jon Stead is not playing in the EFL?, surely still good enough (admittedly at 36 years of age) for League 2?

David Edgar - loan defender, playing at Forge FC in Canada

Paddy Kenny - playing for Maltby Main

Luton Shelton - Jon Stead's strike partner in the Man City "Balloon" game, looks like he is still at Harbour View, Jamaican team.

Brian Howard plays for Whitehawk FC (semi pro club in Brighton)
Luton Shelton is unfortunately seriously ill with ALS ,he has lost the power of speech and has many other debilitating symptons such as muscle wastage. Very sad.

Other Non League:

Basford United – Dominic Roma
Buxton – Diego DeGirolamo
Gainsborough – Kingsley James
Matlock – Nicky Travis
Sheffield FC – Adam Chapman

Has Kennavaro retired? Always hoped he’d make it somewhere, but seems the knee injuries have taken their toll.

Has Kennavaro retired? Always hoped he’d make it somewhere, but seems the knee injuries have taken their toll.

Yes he left his latest club Guiseley just over a year ago - sayijng he could not play with work commitments. He gradually moved down the leagues from Cambridge to Alfreton to Harrogate and then onto Guiseley before quitting altogether

Luton Shelton is unfortunately seriously ill with ALS ,he has lost the power of speech and has many other debilitating symptons such as muscle wastage. Very sad.
He's fighting though saw a picture on Facebook of him recently looking well

Bumping this one, as I watched Matty Harriott this afternoon, playing for Bedford Town. Two games for the mighty Blades back in 2011, and now plying his trade at Step 4. Still looks a good player, as did Bedford’s winger Dan Walker, who played at Luton. No match for my lot, Berkhamsted FC, who won 2-1 in front of 289.
Love my non-league:)

I wonder what one of my old favourites Dougie hodgeson is upto now. Probably a bouncer he always looked a hard sod.

I wonder what one of my old favourites Dougie hodgeson is upto now. Probably a bouncer he always looked a hard sod.

I found this from 5 years ago: The Locker Room with Doug Hodgson

It sounds like he's usually the co-host of the programme, but this one is actually about him. He's wearing the old Diamond United Shirt!

Just watching scores tick through on a Vidiprinter this afternoon and saw that a Lee Williamson scored for Kidsgrove Athletic. I thought it couldn’t be our Lee, but checked and it is him.

Back
Top Bottom