Olsen doubtful,Mcburnie isolating

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What a load of utter nonsense

What exactly can mcburnie do whilst he’s sat on the bench ? Then when he does play played out of position
Harry Maguire has scored more goals from centre half than McBurnie has scored from centre forward in the past 2 and a bit seasons.

If he's not getting picked, it's because he has a scoring record of 8 goals in 78 games when he does play.

Whilst we'd all love to see the 2018/19 Oli McBurnie step forward, it isn't looking likely.

He's managed to get himself unavailable once more. Maybe he was just unlucky but he's essentially become Sheffield United's Balotelli - "why always me?"

But they haven't said he's caught COVID, he's merely isolating because he's been in contact with someone who has it, which he probably wouldn't need to do if he'd had his jabs.

Unless something has been lost in translation, of course.

Sounds like this to me, Slav must be fuming with him, we just need to get rid of him now

But they haven't said he's caught COVID, he's merely isolating because he's been in contact with someone who has it, which he probably wouldn't need to do if he'd had his jabs.

Unless something has been lost in translation, of course.

I’d like to nominate Tyson Fury to give him a couple of jabs. 😡

I must admit I find it therapeutic laying this out because it's so hard to reconcile the vast sums of money we pissed up the wall to completely unsatisfactorily address the apparent needs which were being identified, whilst leaving the most important ones of replacing O'Connell (Jake Cooper anyone?) and improving the infrastructure of the club until after the entire budget had been spent.
I would've taken him in a heartbeat and have been saying this for the past year or so. If anything, just so he can't score against us anymore.

Harry Maguire has scored more goals from centre half than McBurnie has scored from centre forward in the past 2 and a bit seasons.

If he's not getting picked, it's because he has a scoring record of 8 goals in 78 games when he does play.

Whilst we'd all love to see the 2018/19 Oli McBurnie step forward, it isn't looking likely.

He's managed to get himself unavailable once more. Maybe he was just unlucky but he's essentially become Sheffield United's Balotelli - "why always me?"
Great response, he's been here 2 and a half seasons so hes had more than enough time to force his way into being a regular starter and goal scorer. He hasn't done this because he's been shit at being a football player firstly, and he's been shit at being professional when he's not playing football. I don't dislike the guy, in fact he seems like a nice guy and a bit of a character, I just wish he would do something in a United shirt.

Not sure what the rules are with football and covid.

I'm not sure we should be forcing people to have the jab, especially considering it doesn't stop you getting or spreading/shedding it. (Although they said it would do)

We don't know if McBurnie has had the jab or not but he may have to or be told to self isolate from being in close contact even if he is jabbed.
Due to the fact that if he is then in close contact with the rest of the squad he could well bring half the team down with it. ( If they are jabbed or not)

There's a good article on The Athletic today dissecting Olsen's game, for those without subscriptions the paragraph's below are interesting:

About his aerial ability:

Despite being 6ft 5in and being blessed with a long reach, Olsen is not one to leave his line regularly. Instead, he prefers the defenders to deal with long balls into his box.

Regarding the Millwall goal:

United’s loanee was not so fortunate a couple of weeks earlier against Millwall, when Jed Wallace beat him from just a few yards in from the touchline. Again, it was a scenario where a goalkeeper could have been a bit more proactive and aggressive in their starting position.

Knowing Wallace prefers to use his right foot, Olsen should be taking up a position a few yards off his line and toward the back post. Instead, he creeps toward his frontal zone. Nevertheless, this wasn’t what ultimately determined the outcome of the play.

In summary:

Instead of continuing to rely on his athleticism and reactions to get him out of trouble, Olsen could turn his focus on the fundamentals of the position: proper positioning, handling, and footwork to help eliminate problems before they arise.

In Slavs interview he says at the end of one of his answers 'we are not getting offers for players, i have to find clubs to take them'. Not sure if this was me misinterpreting his broken english but seems to me from that comment that he knows hes got a shower of shit at the club but wont be able to get rid. Using McBurnie as an example he isnt out of contract this summer, so that means we are stuck with him for 18 months minimum unless we pay him up. Remember when we used to say the futures bright?

Similar to Billy Sharps 5 goals in 57 that is it not

Also I'm not quite sure how you can slag of a player who has started one game as a no9 all season

Im not debating whether he's a good player or not but you cant slag off a player for the current fortunes of the team when He's on the bench it doesn't make any logical sense such as the previous other signings

We wont see any upturn in the signings that we have made and thrown money at because we just flat out refuse to play them as we signed them such as bogle/mcburnie/freeman/hourihane/burke/verrips/panos restos/zivkovic

The ammount of money we have wasted on players that we just refuse to give a proper run in the team is crazy now yes some of the players will be flops but the amount of starts between the signings we have spent very good money is crazy

Also I'm not quite sure how you can slag of a player who has started one game as a no9 all season

Im not debating whether he's a good player or not but you cant slag off a player for the current fortunes of the team when He's on the bench it doesn't make any logical sense such as the previous other signings

We wont see any upturn in the signings that we have made and thrown money at because we just flat out refuse to play them as we signed them such as bogle/mcburnie/freeman/hourihane/burke/verrips/panos restos/zivkovic

The ammount of money we have wasted on players that we just refuse to give a proper run in the team is crazy now yes some of the players will be flops but the amount of starts between the signings we have spent very good money is crazy

Billy Sharp.. As in English football's highest scorer this century Billy Sharp who also chips in with loads of assists for us...

Not sure what the rules are with football and covid.

I'm not sure we should be forcing people to have the jab, especially considering it doesn't stop you getting or spreading/shedding it. (Although they said it would do)

We don't know if McBurnie has had the jab or not but he may have to or be told to self isolate from being in close contact even if he is jabbed.
Due to the fact that if he is then in close contact with the rest of the squad he could well bring half the team down with it. ( If they are jabbed or not)
Jesus. How many times. Yes vaccines do reduce your chance of getting covid. And yes vaccines do reduce you chance of spreading it.

On the flip side, why should you give a player a sustained run in the team just because we paid a chunk of money for them?

The crux of the issue is we've bought poorly, regardless of price.
McBurnie has had a handful of good games in 2.5 years, Brewster barely that in the year he's been here.

The bit that's you're overlooking is SJ watches over these players everyday in training, knows there strengths, weaknesses and whether they are a good fit for our style of play. He picks accordingly.

Frankly we can't afford to pick based on anything other than merit, or the managers view of best 11 to win a game of football.

Giving someone a sustained run because of high transfer fees and a hope they'll come good is a dangerous precedent and unsustainable way to manage.

Billy Sharp.. As in English football's highest scorer this century Billy Sharp who also chips in with loads of assists for us...

Yeah how many of those goals were in league one ?

He has scored 20 goals in the champ once with us in the promotion season

People are deluding there self and acting like Billy sharp is Lewandoski he's scored 5 goals in 57 from open play even if he was 25 in his prime and getting those stats he wouldn't be good enough to build a squad around and lead the line let a lone now when he is 36/37

People are deluding there self and acting like Billy sharp is Lewandoski he's scored 5 goals in 57 from open play even if he was 25 in his prime and getting those stats he wouldn't be good enough to build a squad around and lead the line let a lone now when he is 36/37
We aren't building a squad around Sharp, he along with Norwood and Fleck are your current scapegoats, while none of them might be performing anything like they can, you ignore the obvious, McB, Didsy,Brewster are not banging the goals in during training, no one us busting a gut from within the first team squad or the U23s to oust Norwood Fleck or Sharp, despite a squad top heavy with strikers, none of them has displaced the oldest player or the most injury (Mousse) prone player in the squad.

Sharp is clearly not the answer, nobody is saying he is but he's still a way way better option than brewster and mcburnie who are both like playing with a man down when they are in the side. Both have zero ability and zero commitment to the blades, they are a complete and utter disgrace and the sooner they fuck off the better.

Back
Top Bottom