CONFIRMED Oliver McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I know it’s the Mirror, so treat with a pinch of salt, but this was from this afternoon...

View attachment 56374

I think now we’re in the Premier League the journalists will be crawling around this forum searching for their rumours. I think the slight upturn in reports on Maupay & McBurnie will be purely stemming from Richard Cadette’s info.

I think now we’re in the Premier League the journalists will be crawling around this forum searching for their rumours. I think the slight upturn in reports on Maupay & McBurnie will be purely stemming from Richard Cadette’s info.
Can you be certain that RC is not a journo?

Thing is Pinchy for a premiership side it shouldn't really be regarded as splashing out signing a Brentford and Swansea forward...it should really be regarded as a minimum.

Nobody is asking the board to stump up for proven premiership players just young championship ones with potential. Now I know these cost money but according to urban myth the premiership is worth 170m even if you just last a season To expect that 30m of that be spent on 2 strikers with the potential to be worth a lot more in a couple of years time isnt really expecting much. Villa just spent 15m on an unknown left back ffs.

The thing is, we have an historical albatross hanging tightly around our neck and it's created an unambitious club that's generally been a seller not a buyer.....well now we need to shed this dead weight as we attempt to earn the right to be a Premier Division club. We'll be fighting tooth and nail this coming season, and the fact that we need decent recruits is something I know Wilder will want to enlist as soon as possible. Yes, McBurnie and Maupay are gambles, but given their ages, what they've achieved, admittedly so far in their careers, the risk is there for all to see, but this is something we need to get used to doing if we're to raise our game and show that we're serious about wanting to be more than a club where players come and go, without a thought to the club's best interests, and that we have all the necessary components to compete and succeed in Britain's Premier league. It's time for change, do not waste this opportunity!

I really hope I am , right or wrong personally I don’t care. In fact I hope I’m I’m a right chump and we get McBurnie, Freeman Maupay snd others as well , but I’ve supported United for many years and often been disappointed

“disappointed “ ? Surely not !

Also worth pointing out if we do go back down and have these two and Billy we aren't gonna be struggling for goals.

I’m very much Meh on the whole McBurnie thing.

Not at all sure precisely how much he improves us offensively tbh.

A more skilful version of Madine or Clarke with some of the “big un” attributes to boot he most probably is.

But is that enough ?

Sceptical.

UTB

A more skilful version of Madine or Clarke with some of the “big un” attributes to boot he most probably is.

But is that enough ?

Sceptical.

UTB
What about the 22 goals?

What about the 22 goals?
Difficult to ignore. Agreed. On top of which, I’d back Wilder and Knills judgement over my own. Surprising as some might find that statement !

But mistakes have been made in the recent past, and no one gets it right all the time.

Hitherto these mistakes have been relatively inexpensive.

With the muted transfer fee for McB being on or around 8 figures with a salary package of perhaps half that again, your looking at £15 m over 3-5 years.

Which leaves me with the meh overall feeling.

UTB

But is that enough ?

Sceptical.

UTB
He's the new Brian Deane. Feel better now?

The least McBurnie will be is a consistently double figures PL striker.

He'll gain strength along with experience, which will improve his game.

I'd rather we don't pay over £12m but I could easily stomach it if we did. It's an investment that could save us and make us a lot of money.

Thing is Pinchy for a premiership side it shouldn't really be regarded as splashing out signing a Brentford and Swansea forward...it should really be regarded as a minimum.

Nobody is asking the board to stump up for proven premiership players just young championship ones with potential. Now I know these cost money but according to urban myth the premiership is worth 170m even if you just last a season To expect that 30m of that be spent on 2 strikers with the potential to be worth a lot more in a couple of years time isnt really expecting much. Villa just spent 15m on an unknown left back ffs.
And McBurnie is English. We all know that if he scores 10 or more we are looking at a serious, serious windfall for an english player of that calibre in PL (£30m++?) and the club owners will be very aware of this fact.

The least McBurnie will be is a consistently double figures PL striker.

He'll gain strength along with experience, which will improve his game.

I'd rather we don't pay over £12m but I could easily stomach it if we did. It's an investment that could save us and make us a lot of money.
If it's in the region of 12-14m i'm wondering how many goals McBurnie would have to score in the Prem to be worth more than we paid for him, or at the very least get our money back.

I'd say not much, 8-10 goals perhaps, which is why he'd be such a worthwhile signing. Basically as long as he's not a complete flop his value will only go up imo.

Worse case scenario we would have a top, young championship striker on our hands.

Back
Top Bottom