CONFIRMED Oliver Arblaster signs a new contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Do we have any info on how bad his injury is and how long before he can start training ?

Deep cut right down to the bone and will be 3/4 weeks before being ready. But most of that does not have any competitive matches

Two Blades in midfield soon then!? Going back to the Bassett here with the bladeyness.

Really looking forward to seeing him play. I don't think he will disappoint at all, in the same way Brooks hasn't. It'll be a great experience for him ahead of next season when he will likely play a bigger part.

Arblaster, Brooks,Hamer & Souza in midfield next year and if no McAtee
Osula & Archer up front
Slimane, Brewster, Bogle, McBurnie, Davies etc on bench

The Vale supports love him , mixed feelings myself , he wont single handily save us from the drop , perhaps should have stopped there till the end of the season , he will be in a losing side the most of the season now , unless he's part of a Master plan with 4 or 5 other players been signed ? Still cant see us stopping up now :-(

Some comments from Vale fans :

-No surprises. The best loan player we have ever had in my 40 years watching Vale.

-Doesn’t surprise me this- He’s been like a breath of fresh air this season, so much quality and to be honest has carried us. All the best Ollie, it’s been a pleasure watching you

-No surprise, he should be playing in the Premier League. The best player I’ve seen in a Vale shirt this century

-
Wish
@Oliverarblaster
the very best in his career! Absolute stud of a midfielder and the best I’ve ever seen grace the vale shirt! You’ve got such a future in the game you will be missed and this is why you should never fall in love with a loan player

1703855178893.png

Apart from his talent, which is enormous, he loves this club in exactly the way that we do. It’s in his blood as it is for us. We’ve had very few of those become first team regulars.
any idea what’s happening with his contract situation Nick? We need to get him on a long term contract, hopefully slightly easier to sort out with him being a blade but will feel happier when it’s sorted. Same with Brooks.

I think Tufty has been quite shrewd here. If Ollie were to continue playing excellently for Vale - even after his injury - then no doubt one or two big boys would have tried to tempt him this summer. They still might of course, but now we can get him fit and slowly introduce him into a higher level of football I reckon we've got more chance of him going under the radar a bit and signing a new contract. Here's hoping!!

I think Tufty has been quite shrewd here. If Ollie were to continue playing excellently for Vale - even after his injury - then no doubt one or two big boys would have tried to tempt him this summer. They still might of course, but now we can get him fit and slowly introduce him into a higher level of football I reckon we've got more chance of him going under the radar a bit and signing a new contract. Here's hoping!!
He’s not under the radar. Every club is well aware of him.

He’s not under the radar. Every club is well aware of him.
That's my point ..... think Tufty might be hoping to take some sort of control of the situation. He's back at Vale after injury playing wonderfully well = he's probably gone. He's back at the Lane with the coaches in his ear encouraging him etc = there's a better chance of his signing.

Or maybe I'm way off the mark and we just want him back cos he can make a solid contribution towards end of season 🥴

Barring injuries, I've a feeling Blaster is going to be a mainstay in the blades line-up for many years to come.
Watched highlights of a few games of him at Port Vale and he just looked levels above.
His assist a few weeks back was immense.
Sold in 9 month's highest bid wins !

I don't think this is best for Oli's development but, as usual, needs must due to a lack of proper investment in the playing squad.

Jebbison, Osula and probably more that I'm forgetting have had similar development issues.

As I was saying, some time ago and to much opposition or derision, he should never have been loaned out. At least now someone who is a football manager seems to agree with me that he is worth a place in the squad and needs to be integrated asap. Just a pity we’ve wasted all this time to get an injured player back. Nanas to the lot of the “needs a season of men’s football” brigade.

Loan a player to league one and you get back a player who either succeeded or failed at league one level but play a player against the best players in the world and you get back a better player

Back
Top Bottom