CONFIRMED Oliver Arblaster signs a new contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Surely we have him all contracted up !!!! Surely even Sheffield United who have been in this position before would not drop the same bollock again and again would they? Surely not. only idiots don't learn by their mistakes .

Arblaster to Liverpool linked today

So we loaned out our best product without a new contract. hopefully gets sorted.
Do you EVER tire out of being negative?

Literally 4 posts above your reply, there he is in the car park, supposedly doing a contract signing video

Last edited:
Staying for the season then leaving on a free? Abdullah was protecting the club financially pocketing over £30m for the two of them given there's no guarantee they'd have made a significant difference on the pitch.
I think keeping Ndiaye would have been worth the risk, we have no players at all with any kind of ‘X factor’ this season (McAtee does in fits and starts).

Berge was a fairly vanilla footballer and has hardly torn the PL a new one this season so cashing in wasn’t the worst idea. I’d have preferred he stayed but I can see why we swapped him for Hamer.

Ndiaye would have given us something we don’t have, the ability to take a player on and carry the ball. He might have been shite and ‘done a Lundstram’ with his lack of effort, but we’ll always wonder now.

It’s a really poor bottom 4 or 5 this season and we’ve accepted 20th place before the season was underway.

Do you EVER tire out of being negative?

Literally 4 posts above your reply, there he is in the car park, supposedly doing a contract signing video
Apologies. I didn’t see the photo of his signing when posted this.

I then posted shortly after hoping it’s true.

I am accused sometimes of being only positive about some things on here 😂

Seems he's joined a new agent. Could be what today was about. Could br nothing to do with it.

So when is he due to sign or indeed has he signed and what ( if you are aware )is the situation with Jebbo etc.

To be fair your assertion is that we didn’t do enough to keep him without that information…

I’d argue given we filmed a signing video the contract itself, and the what we offered, was acceptable? I’ve a vague recollection of PA claiming it was making him easily the highest paid player?

Circumstances fucked us. Just don’t see we were negligent, nor was N’diayes move financially driven.
To be fair the club told Illi & Sander they had to go in January because of the embargo. Whether they liked it or not they were being sold. They didn't like it but obeyed. Dozy saved them. So maybe their loyalty to the club was dented after being messed about like they were.

To be fair the club told Illi & Sander they had to go in January because of the embargo. Whether they liked it or not they were being sold. They didn't like it but obeyed. Dozy saved them. So maybe their loyalty to the club was dented after being messed about like they were.
Ah yes, Dozy the club legend.

Right...so we had to sell £30m of assets in January 2023 but that was prevented because Dozy gave us £9m.

Sure.

This Dozy fella sounds like a great guy. Any idea when he's swooping in to save us?

I'll take things that didn't happen for 50 please Alex

Staying for the season then leaving on a free? Abdullah was protecting the club financially pocketing over £30m for the two of them given there's no guarantee they'd have made a significant difference on the pitch.
There's a lot of dead cat flinging around on this subject.

What no-one seems angry about (apart from me!!) Was the sheer lack of a Plan B, C and D if Ndiaye did actually leave. For that a lot of shine comes off Hecky's time at the club. It's as if our only plan was based around him staying and then when he left, we just gave up. From midpoint last season where was the succession planning? What would we have done had he stayed and broken his leg in the first game of the season??? Hecky truly dropped the ball here and no amount of blaming to two 'non-Yorkshire' guys is going to change my view....

What no-one seems angry about (apart from me!!) Was the sheer lack of a Plan B, C and D if Ndiaye did actually leave. For that a lot of shine comes off Hecky's time at the club. It's as if our only plan was based around him staying and then when he left, we just gave up. From midpoint last season where was the succession planning? What would we have done had he stayed and broken his leg in the first game of the season??? Hecky truly dropped the ball here and no amount of blaming to two 'non-Yorkshire' guys is going to change my view....
Just out of interest how would you have replaced Ndiaye?

No money. Transfer embargo. No certainty of Premier league football this season.

Just out of interest how would you have replaced Ndiaye?

No money. Transfer embargo. No certainty of Premier league football this season.
Jesus Hecky. You really are hard of thinking?!?!

Erm maybe have a list of targets lined up on the off chance he did leave? Same way we seemed to have Hamer lined up in Berge left, but diddlysquat for our best and most influential decided to go ...

Given that Hecky's plan A seemed to revolve around re-signing Fleck (now at bottom third of the Championship Blackburn), Stevens (now at bottom third of the Championship Stoke), Sharp (now a bit-part player at Championship play-off hopefuls Humberside Jungle Cats), Norwood (now rightfully dropped by United) et al I'm not sure his plan B should have been trusted in any circumstances.

Given that Hecky's plan A seemed to revolve around re-signing Fleck (now at bottom third of the Championship Blackburn), Stevens (now at bottom third of the Championship Stoke), Sharp (now a bit-part player at Championship play-off hopefuls Humberside Jungle Cats), Norwood (now rightfully dropped by United) et al I'm not sure his plan B should have been trusted in any circumstances.
Which goes totally opposite to what was said when he was appointed... develop the youth. Won't be judged on results.

Back
Top Bottom