Old United games on You Tube

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don Givens with a goal and a couple of assists, "a new hero for Blades fans".
The pitch is looking a proper old school mud bath here.

Familiar with our 3 goals in this match - have them on a Blades ‘100 Goals’ VHS tape - but had forgotten about the Charlton goals. The first one attributable to faffing around playing out from the back and the second one, a joke of a penalty award.

Bob Hatton was a master of his trade, even as a veteran.

That penalty award was a fucking disgrace. Was sat here fuming....then realised it was played back in early 1981. 😁

Remember being at the Royal Hallamshire that day and seeing the Lane floodlights from the hospital window around full time. No idea what the score was until half an hour after the match. My Grandad was in there (he passed away a few days later) and I always remember the smile on his face when he heard the result. Nice one Blades. 👍⚔️

Don Givens with a goal and a couple of assists, "a new hero for Blades fans".
The pitch is looking a proper old school mud bath here.

We were kicking the wrong way, don't know if that was an issue back in 1981. A proper pitch!

We've had some right pumpings down there over the years. We got done 5-0 in the first away match I ever went to.
Yes, that season they were the one team we couldn't handle. I remember them outplaying us at Bramall Lane, beating us 2-0 with the annoying Mark Ward scoring both goals.

Connor Sammon esque finish at the end, though at least it was on target, was that Withe?
Yes it was an awful miss! I didn't catch who it was. Withe wasn't a great success for us, though he scored two goals for Birmingham against us when out on loan.

Sorry to reply to my own post but is there anyone else who still can't bring themselves to watch any of these, to this day?

There's a funny story about the Wolves game. At 1:50.26 as Wolves are celebrating, the camera focus's on me and my fiance for the day. That's us where she's got her head in my lap. We went for the weekend and I proposed in a swanky Indian restaurant around the dock the night before. I was delighted that she said yes of course!

After the match we went to McDonalds which was full of Wolves supporters. We had a row and she threw the ring across the room. A Wolves fan picked it up and said "is this yours?" I grabbed the ring and she rang her other boyfriend, who I knew nothing about, to drive to Cardiff and pick her up. Which he did! Never to be seen again! Oh well! 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

There's a funny story about the Wolves game. At 1:50.26 as Wolves are celebrating, the camera focus's on me and my fiance for the day. That's us where she's got her head in my lap. We went for the weekend and I proposed in a swanky Indian restaurant around the dock the night before. I was delighted that she said yes of course!

After the match we went to McDonalds which was full of Wolves supporters. We had a row and she threw the ring across the room. A Wolves fan picked it up and said "is this yours?" I grabbed the ring and she rang her other boyfriend, who I knew nothing about, to drive to Cardiff and pick her up. Which he did! Never to be seen again! Oh well! 🤣🤣🤣

Heck! What a cow!

The traffic was awful as well - took me ages to get there and she was so distressed . I’ve had to do this at every playoff since - but loves love I’m afraid

Yes, that season they were the one team we couldn't handle. I remember them outplaying us at Bramall Lane, beating us 2-0 with the annoying Mark Ward scoring both goals.

Bit harsh to say they outplayed us that day at Bramall Lane. As mentioned by another poster we had 28 corners they day. Unfortunately we had as much penetration as a gelded monk on the day, whilst WHU only got into our half sporadically but when they did they knew how to find the net. Bizarre result looking back. The Kop was that bored as we knew that we could play all day and not score that every corner awarded was greeted with much glee in the second half and we were only half arsed to see what came of each one. Most people went for a pie or a piss in the second half when we got a corner.

Bit harsh to say they outplayed us that day at Bramall Lane. As mentioned by another poster we had 28 corners they day. Unfortunately we had as much penetration as a gelded monk on the day, whilst WHU only got into our half sporadically but when they did they knew how to find the net. Bizarre result looking back. The Kop was that bored as we knew that we could play all day and not score that every corner awarded was greeted with much glee in the second half and we were only half arsed to see what came of each one. Most people went for a pie or a piss in the second half when we got a corner.
Yea I remember we had loads of corners but I was impressed with West Ham that day and thought they won comfortably in the end.

They had 3 shots. Ward’s goal from open play, Ward’s penalty, and Julian Dicks’ penalty that hit the bar. That was it. I don’t think they outplayed us, more beat us on the break.

They destroyed us at Upton Park, granted.

Lautaro Martinez was the only Inter player who started this game, who played in Saturday's Champions League final.

Lautaro Martinez was the only Inter player who started this game, who played in Saturday's Champions League final.

Remember being at that game and saying to my mate how pissed off I was we got a young keeper from a lower league , he told me how Mcgoldrick wouldn't be what we need.

Remember being at that game and saying to my mate how pissed off I was we got a young keeper from a lower league , he told me how Mcgoldrick wouldn't be what we need.
I'm glad to hear you're predictions are as good as mine!

Back
Top Bottom