Old United games on You Tube

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lowest attendance of the season. Less than ten thousand.
The lowest gate the season before was for the Chester game when we won 6-1.

In those days it was invariably the case that we would win on the day we had our smallest crowd of the season, and fail to win when we had our biggest crowd of the season. It was bizarre.

There used to be a very good website listing all United's various TV appearances. Its sadly defunct, but I copied it before it died. Sad to say, the Walsall game was not on the list and, so, is highly unlikely to have been filmed by anyone.
Engrained in my head and cause of many a sleepless night

In some dreams Matthews pushes Givens out of the way and smashes the ball into the top corner

….. then I wake up

Engrained in my head and cause of many a sleepless night

In some dreams Matthews pushes Givens out of the way and smashes the ball into the top corner

….. then I wake up
if only he had had the balls to do that bell 🤔

Sorry to reply to my own post but is there anyone else who still can't bring themselves to watch any of these, to this day?
Me. I have still never seen the shoot out from 2012. Turned off the TV before it began, knowing we’d fail.

Other things I avoid:

Chelsea A 1994
Wigan H 2007

Saw them both (was at Chelsea, Wigan on TV). No desire to repeat.

I have never seen a single second of either of the Pigs’ league cup finals, though I did see the 1993 Cup Final and extra time in the replay.

Me. I have still never seen the shoot out from 2012. Turned off the TV before it began, knowing we’d fail.

Other things I avoid:

Chelsea A 1994
Wigan H 2007

I have never seen a single second of either of the Pigs’ league cup finals, though I did see the 1993 Cup Final and extra time in the replay.
I knew I wasn't the only one 🤣 I went to all of these matches and to this day I have not watched any footage of any of them.

Went to all these games never watched any of em back ,not even the highlights
They’re things I’m glad I have on DVD without wanting to ever watch them again, much like that old Russian movie Come and See.

Other things I avoid:

Chelsea A 1994
Wigan H 2007

Wigan.
On TV.
The only Blade in a sports bar in Tallin.........also showing the Man Utd v West Ham match.
A different stag do to ours also there......... ...all West Ham fans.

Quite possibly my favourite Blades goal, scored by one of my favourite players - Dane Whitehouse. Even this footage doesn't do it justice, not sure I've seen a ball struck so sweetly since :)

I know a different era but I reckon now our 3rd there would now be ruled out because he flustered the keeper.

The lowest gate the season before was for the Chester game when we won 6-1.

In those days it was invariably the case that we would win on the day we had our smallest crowd of the season, and fail to win when we had our biggest crowd of the season. It was bizarre.
Agreed.

Bumping for this as it features Jack Lester and Stuart McCall in our starting XI.

Full game video of the 3-3 draw with West Ham in January 2004.

We took an early through Peschisolido but trailed 3-1 at half-time. A debut goal from Paul Shaw got us back into it before Michael Tonge missed a penalty. Brian Deane came on as a late sub for West Ham before Jagielka's injury time header rescued a point.

I knew I wasn't the only one 🤣 I went to all of these matches and to this day I have not watched any footage of any of them.
I’ve not even watched the highlights of sats game v hudds

We didn’t win

So not watching

Michael Bridges encouraging Steve Bruce into retirement. Amazingly we were 4th in the league when this happened.

Yes it was the last game of the season, Jags was still a trainee and signed a professional contract the next day.

Adam Burley with the goal in that game, on the list of 'one-goal wonders'
Swindon were already relegated. That was their most recent second tier game.

Back
Top Bottom