Old United games on You Tube

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The Big Match Revisited on ITV4 today has highlights of us playing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in 1977.

It does not go well for us.

The Big Match Revisited on ITV4 today has highlights of us playing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in 1977.

It does not go well for us.
It was yesterday- so not spoiling it- we lost 4-0. We looked pretty dire, but no one was as bad as McBurnie in the team.

United playing in the Anglo Scottish Cup, I would like to see the return of this tournament, possibly replacing the League Cup.

If anyone has a spare hour, here is United 0 Middlesbrough 2 from November 7th 1987. Bernie Slaven, a thorn in our side scored a good opening goal.

Ah yes, I was there. How I used to love a day out in Grimsby. Train to Cleethorpes in time for the pubs opening. Fish and chips, then a walk along the front and grassland and over that rickety bridge. Grimsby fans with snapping snarling faces, rather like Burnley. Lovely memories. Like to see them further up the Leagues again.....

Reactions: Dkc
Ah yes, I was there. How I used to love a day out in Grimsby. Train to Cleethorpes in time for the pubs opening. Fish and chips, then a walk along the front and grassland and over that rickety bridge. Grimsby fans with snapping snarling faces, rather like Burnley. Lovely memories. Like to see them further up the Leagues again.....
It's a massive shithole Grimsby, and the stench from the docks.......🐠🐠🐠🐠

Stood in normal spot that night underneath the white wall on the Kop. Normally comfortable, absolutely rammed that night , new faces galore all around us. Decent (ish) midweek following from Newcastle although they were on a downer and singing anti John Hall songs.

Crucially - Your Honour - kick off delayed.

Official crowd 17,000.

We must have been proper skint in those days.
That was one of the most rigged match attendances I can ever remember. That game really stood out.

The last time we played Man City in the Cup. We need to make sure that there are plenty balloons on the pitch at Wembley! Man City have never beaten us in the FA Cup.

Back
Top Bottom