Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What’s the team with Billy Gillespie? There is a few similar photos of him shaking hands at the start of matches but I’ve not seen this particular photo before so I’d just be guessing at teams that play in hoops.

What’s the team with Billy Gillespie? There is a few similar photos of him shaking hands at the start of matches but I’ve not seen this particular photo before so I’d just be guessing at teams that play in hoops.
The team was pre 1st world war when Gillespie had hair. Gillespie shaking hands with QPR captain in 1923 FA Cup

The team was pre 1st world war when Gillespie had hair. Gillespie shaking hands with QPR captain in 1923 FA Cup
I know the team photo, I meant the team he was shaking hands with, thought had to be QPR or Reading, cheers 👍

Remember Barry Hartle running slap bang into that wall at Lincoln, jeez, I can hear it now…
Took me six days to remember this, have you any recollection of temporary scaffolding bridge, over water, on the way from the coach park to the ground?
It was well sagging pregame, because of the number of folk on it, but after, believe we got our shoes wet crossing.

Took me six days to remember this, have you any recollection of temporary scaffolding bridge, over water, on the way from the coach park to the ground?
It was well sagging pregame, because of the number of folk on it, but after, believe we got our shoes wet crossing.

Yes, the Sincil Dyke

I have posted the reports in the 1963-64 thread

Anyone remember these.
Still got the dominoes in the tin but not the cigs.

Attachments

• 20231128_113119.jpg
    20231128_113119.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 20231128_113424.jpg
    20231128_113424.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Anyone remember these.
Still got the dominoes in the tin but not the cigs.
Rough smoke they were but much better than Park Drive, mind ain't had a ciggi for the last forty eight years.
Mind! Alus said I'd like to smoke a genuine, rolled on on the thigh of a dusky maiden, Cuban cigar before I pop mi clogs.
What are the chances? Better I feel than seeing Blades win owt. 😶‍🌫️cuckoo land

Rough smoke they were but much better than Park Drive, mind ain't had a ciggi for the last forty eight years.
Mind! Alus said I'd like to smoke a genuine, rolled on on the thigh of a dusky maiden, Cuban cigar before I pop mi clogs.
You need to have a quiet chat with Bert 🤣

Sadly the dusky maiden thing is a bit of a myth.

They all sit in rows at desks working away whilst someone reads to them.

Bert is going there next month for 3 weeks, there's a bloke who lives near where Bert stays who makes them at home. $7 for 100 😁.

The prices of the official ones have recently gone sky high.

I certainly would take Bert's profound knowledgeable advise on the subject, but feel I need to visit the island to attain my ambition.
Thank you for the advise.
Are you a smoker by chance?
No, like you I gave up over 40 years ago, but still love a cigar every now and again

Sadly the dusky maiden thing is a bit of a myth.

They all sit in rows at desks working away whilst someone reads to them.

Bert is going there next month for 3 weeks, there's a bloke who lives near where Bert stays who makes them at home. $7 for 100 😁.

The prices of the official ones have recently gone sky high.
Thighs and maidens, a little poetic licence on my part.
Hope your bloke don't roll 'em on his thigh😉, though I do admire his entrepreneurial independence.
Official? Surely if they're rolled in Cuba there Cuban, have the ruling factions got their finger in the pie or do they run it?
Do you have a recommendation for me, please, for a Cuban cigar I could purchase in Sheffield and where? Genuine request. Thank you.

Hope your bloke don't roll 'em on his thigh😉, though I do admire his entrepreneurial independence.
Official? Surely if they're rolled in Cuba there Cuban, have the ruling factions got their finger in the pie or do they run it?
Do you have a recommendation for me, please, for a Cuban cigar I could purchase in Sheffield and where? Genuine request. Thank you.

I think Bert may be talking about brands such as Montecristo, Romeo y Julieta, Partagas, Cohiba and the like when talking of official. And he's right they have got expensive, I was in the Caribbean at the end of November and was surprised, how much they'd gone up. Bert's man probably supplies a superior product as well.

I think Bert may be talking about brands such as Montecristo, Romeo y Julieta, Partagas, Cohiba and the like when talking of official. And he's right they have got expensive, I was in the Caribbean at the end of November and was surprised, how much they'd gone up. Bert's man probably supplies a superior product as well.
Bert much prefers the one his supplier makes, he's had a few disappointing government ones in Cuba.

SouthEssexBlade mentions the top brands, where in Sheffield Bert has no idea these days.
He's long gone from the city of his birth.

This has got to be one of the oldest spkrts flyers in the world.

Back
Top Bottom