Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Recheck, Speight wore no, 2 on13-10-79 and Reading wear hoops of blue and white.
Speight was wearing number two & it was the first goal not the second, Reading goalkeeper Steve Death in the photograph

Attachments

• 005985EF-BD07-45B7-AA99-BA0D2CDDBFFE.jpeg
    005985EF-BD07-45B7-AA99-BA0D2CDDBFFE.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 20
  • 74B56E57-BE68-4C3D-B3E4-D300E9929695.jpeg
    74B56E57-BE68-4C3D-B3E4-D300E9929695.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
Speight was wearing number two & it was the first goal not the second, Reading goalkeeper Steve Death in the photograph
Thanks for that, appreciated. Fold in shirt makes it look like the 8 shirt of which Speight wore 7 or 8 times that season.

I wasn't at the match because I was playing football for Sheffield Deaf although I wanted to see Reading's Lawrie Sanchez who was playing for Presentation College against my school 2 years earlier. My dad was at the Lane and watched Lawrie closely, 9 years later he had a bet that Wimbledon would win the FA Cup final by a Lawrie Sanchez goal! Not sure how much he won!

Leicester game Dec '69
1st Don't Know.
2nd-Middlesborough Sept 70-71 D 1-1 Dearden
3rd-Dundee Anglo Scottish Cup Sept 79-80 W 2-1 D.A. Brown Matthews
4th-Nov 75-76 Villa away, 5 bloody 1, se nu moore
5th-Dec 69-70 Leicester W 1-0 Reece, Looks like Buckley far R in bottom L photo.

SouthEssexBlade mentions the top brands, where in Sheffield Bert has no idea these days.
He's long gone from the city of his birth.

La Di Da on Station Road in Chapeltown.

I've also got about 30 odd Romeo Y Juliets No3's left from my last trip to Cuba in 2022. I've not smoked for over a year and not had one as I don't like the taste or smell of tobacco any more.

La Di Da on Station Road in Chapeltown.

I've also got about 30 odd Romeo Y Juliets No3's left from my last trip to Cuba in 2022. I've not smoked for over a year and not had one as I don't like the taste or smell of tobacco any more.
Station Rd Chapeltown was the last place Bert would expect to find Cuban cigars.

Me too, when the wall collapsed?
yeah not long after final whistle we were packed in like sardines on one half of the tivoli that day lol wednesday went week after and also won 2 - 1 have looked repeatedly for footage of that game but found nothing 😉🤔

Station Rd Chapeltown was the last place Bert would expect to find Cuban cigars.

The owner formerly worked at Mitchells wine merchents before setting up his own small independent business and it is thriving. I’ve had plenty of cigars from him in the past. He knows his stuff.

Back
Top Bottom