Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Found this photo on ebay. Seller says it's Simon Grayson from 1987. But did Grayson even ever play for us? Also, the style of shirt looks more like 84/85... Any ideas anyone?

1666534550962.png

Found this photo on ebay. Seller says it's Simon Grayson from 1987. But did Grayson even ever play for us? Also, the style of shirt looks more like 84/85... Any ideas anyone?

View attachment 146315
There were two Simon Graysons. The one we had never played a game for us as far as I recall and was different to the one who went on to a reasonably successful playing and management career.

View attachment 146315
Yes, Simon Grayson that played for our reserves but not in a competitive 1st team match, not the same one that played for Leicester and managed Leeds and Blackpool

Having been on the receiving end of a fkg straight leg tackle like that that resulted in me suffering a double fracture of my tibia & fibia when I was 17 and at that time playing at a decent level . That picture makes me feel physically sick and I didn’t play for 2 years after that . In Dane’s case we all know what this resulted in . I can’t tell you the hate I feel for that c*nt Ainsworth for ending a fellow professionals career , without any apology or remorse 😡😡

Maybe the game before Leicester at the end of 89/90 season? We would have taken decent numbers to that game and no-one seems to have a big coat on so could pass for May?
It was the FA Cup quarter-final in March 1993 (0-0). We were on the side that day because the current away stand was being built at the time. We won the reply after a penalty shoot out (Pembo) and lost to the grunters in the semi.

Great away day that remember it well , the boozer of the bridge near the ground think it was called the Spread Eagle rammed with Blades .
On a side note I met and got chatting to Lakey a couple of months ago over in Stockport , he works same company , great lad down to earth Said he loved his time at The Lane and gave us a few worldies to celebrate at the time ⚽⚔️

Back
Top Bottom