Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Arsenal 1 (Brady) Blades 0 31/1/1976. Attendance 14,477

Jimmy Rimmer, Richie Powling and Chris Guthrie

My dad drove down to my boarding school to take me and my 3 schoolmates to Highbury also we met Jim Brown before the match
Looks like there was plenty of room in the ground, terrible attendance!

Is it the Victor Sylvester version of 'Greasy Chip Butty'? Nice foot work constabule.
One for the oldies there.
Wild guess, Darlington?
No not Darlington, looks more like late 90s early 2000s, thought someone would recognise the pic or even the blades in the pic but I’m stumped myself. Maybe someone will recognise the terrace in the background.

No not Darlington, looks more like late 90s early 2000s, thought someone would recognise the pic or even the blades in the pic but I’m stumped myself. Maybe someone will recognise the terrace in the background.
Saltergate?

Saltergate?
No I don’t believe Saltergate had that sort of terrace.

This photo may be sort some of overcrowding on the terrace as opposed to fighting. Off top of my head where I can remember trouble where Blades were on the pitch at any point is Saltergate, Highfield Road Coventry, Brightons old ground, Bristol City, it’s none of them. Darlington and Leicester we were on the pitch celebrating but it’s not them. I’m stumped, I even recognise the blades on the pic from when I used to go to all the away games but don’t know them personally.

I’d have probably gone to Oldham, 91/92 but don’t recall anyone on the pitch (although may well be wrong )

Hard to tell from the pic but that looks like a side terrace behind and looks like we’ve plenty of likely looking lads on there

I can remember there always being trouble at Oldham back in the 80s and 90s, I could be wrong but I still don’t think the photo is Oldham, by checking Google images of Boundary Park back in the 80s and 90s the pic doesn’t marry up with their ground.

I’ve been through our fixtures back then and checked grounds of teams that have blue in their colours, can’t find a terrace that fits the pic, I must be missing something or maybe this is a pre season friendly?

Oldham Athletic ?
No. Like Derbyshire, GMP used a ‘coxcomb’ hat.

Carlisle could be a good shout, but would we ever have travelled that far in those numbers?

Lancashire police would have had that hat. Lancs club playing in blue? Can’t remember what the old Deepdale looked like.

Maybe the game before Leicester at the end of 89/90 season? We would have taken decent numbers to that game and no-one seems to have a big coat on so could pass for May?

Maybe the game before Leicester at the end of 89/90 season? We would have taken decent numbers to that game and no-one seems to have a big coat on so could pass for May?
I was at that but don’t recall us going on the pitch. Mind I have had 30 years to forget. Clothes look right for that era.

Back
Top Bottom