Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My grandad was John Spencer, obviously I’m biased, but I always love to see when a programme or a mention of him makes an appearance on the forum! Thanks.
Another one for the album AS. Reckon the club may have a good/excellent one of this and would be prepared to furnish you with one, even if for a small fee, due the connection.1953-54 (2).jpgKnow all the names except, back row second left but believe that to be Luke. Don't know fella sat to left of trophy as we look.

Last edited:
Why would one play in tights AND black lace sussies. Is this some sort of deviancy? Na, if ya said sheer black nylons AND black lace sussie it makes sense cos with tights and sussies the sussies have nowt too do they can trip one up and we all know one can't play football on yer arse.

Radio Stoke’s main football commentator for almost 50 years (2000 plus games!), Nigel Johnson, has a few trade mark expressions “heads go up” “inside right channel” being two that come to mind. When describing the kit, he always refers to shirts, shorts and “stockings”, so they would fit in with the sussies you mention.

As an irrelevant aside, commentating wasn’t even Johnson’s main job, he was a primary school teacher and eventually head teacher, a busy man. Additional aside, Roger Johnson who does BBC North West and occasional BBC Breakfast is his son.

Radio Stoke’s main football commentator for almost 50 years (2000 plus games!), Nigel Johnson, has a few trade mark expressions “heads go up” “inside right channel” being two that come to mind. When describing the kit, he always refers to shirts, shorts and “stockings”, so they would fit in with the sussies you mention.

As an irrelevant aside, commentating wasn’t even Johnson’s main job, he was a primary school teacher and eventually head teacher, a busy man. Additional aside, Roger Johnson who does BBC North West and occasional BBC Breakfast is his son.
When I wer a lad, sports shorts were called 'knickers', possibly because they had elasticated waist bands, I really don't know.

Another one for the album AS. Reckon the club may have a good/excellent one of this and would be prepared to furnish you with one, even if for a small fee, due the connection.View attachment 79180Know all the names except, back row second left but believe that to be Luke. Don't know fella sat to left of trophy as we look.

Brilliant that, XM. I’ve actually got that picture on the wall in my kitchen. Thanks again.

If those are shorts then I'm Donald Trump.
ECL and I were discussing footballer's nether region cover and had arrived at knickers.
In your DT alter ego I'm sure that subject you would find interesting. Oh and whilst your on that plane lend us a couple of dollars.:)

Back
Top Bottom