Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Modern craft beer?
Take 8 sacks of hops, add a bit of water and yeast, stir and serve without a head on at six quid a pint.
I don't think from this comment Bert that very much of this has passed your lips. Most of it isn't £6 a pint. Some of it is weird and odd ( not very much I'd say, but some). Depends on what you like. I like that there's more to beer now than when I was a lad, when in this area we had such a wide choice of....Tetley's, Wards, Stones, Whitbread Trophy (yuk), er........I think that's your lot. Good old days?

I don't think from this comment Bert that very much of this has passed your lips. Most of it isn't £6 a pint. Some of it is weird and odd ( not very much I'd say, but some). Depends on what you like. I like that there's more to beer now than when I was a lad, when in this area we had such a wide choice of....Tetley's, Wards, Stones, Whitbread Trophy (yuk), er........I think that's your lot. Good old days?
Tetleys was and is still the drink of the God's as and where you can get it, as regards bitter. If some twat with a beard and tattoos down one arm is involved Bert won't touch it.
Same goes for cocktails in this country, some dickhead claiming he's a mixologist. Bert has never had anything like a decent cocktail in this country.
Today is the Bert birthday he's been drinking proper English beer, Lebanese wine and he's about to start on the malt whisky.
Up the Blades etc. Hic.

Tetleys was and is still the drink of the God's as and where you can get it, as regards bitter. If some twat with a beard and tattoos down one arm is involved Bert won't touch it.
Same goes for cocktails in this country, some dickhead claiming he's a mixologist. Bert has never had anything like a decent cocktail in this country.
Today is the Bert birthday he's been drinking proper English beer, Lebanese wine and he's about to start on the malt whisky.
Up the Blades etc. Hic.

Tell Bert, happy birthday

There’s a difference between craft beer and real ale, a lot of so called craft beer is fizzy keg stuff but hopefully much better than its predecessors from the sixties and seventies.
I can’t agree with Berts choice of Tetleys though, leeds piss.

Looking at the tunnel between the dugouts, I looked at the 1968-69 and the 1969-70 videos, it seemed that the tunnel were moved to the left in Summer 1969 (before I became a Lane regular). Anyone know the reason why the tunnel was moved?
That's a great question SB. I'd forgotten all about that. You may well have shown this pic before and I can't remember the occasion, but it shows the newer tunnel. Maybe it was because of the revamp of the posh folks seats and facilities. I seem to remember more "executive" stuff was added but Im not sure if it matches the timescales you mentioned. Interesting...b25lY21zOjBjNTYwMzIwLWI3MzUtNDEwNC1iYmUyLTM1OWEwNzRiOTExYzpjMDY2MDZlZS01NTc2LTQ5YjItYTQ4OS04MD...jpg

That's a great question SB. I'd forgotten all about that. You may well have shown this pic before and I can't remember the occasion, but it shows the newer tunnel. Maybe it was because of the revamp of the posh folks seats and facilities. I seem to remember more "executive" stuff was added but Im not sure if it matches the timescales you mentioned. Interesting...View attachment 75976
If you compare the 1968-69 and 1969-70 videos, you will see the difference

Some Wards memories in me study. Just got to find a bit more wall space for the others.

The vinyl collection takes up a bit of space nowadays and has gone mental since me mid life crisis. Can’t get enough of the records I should’ve bought when they were new...

Anyone else progressing back to 1985 in their own little spaces?? You know old beer stuff, vinyl, music, wardrobe, books and none of it past 1992?

08B221BD-7E60-465A-A93D-EA5FB93E4800.jpegCBDDE2F4-3AA4-4EAE-A0FF-ECFB8FF49924.jpeg
FD41DA84-571A-4761-97A5-B656C2FE9D23.jpegF108CAC1-8968-451C-96D6-E09E55E88C85.jpegBCA34109-2E0D-4BCC-BEC9-2AA5C64CE384.jpeg6CF9D3F8-9B51-44DC-B6A8-1EA8552C5908.jpeg

Woodhouse the morning of the Leicester game. Woodhouse Blades, Beighton and others. I’m on there......
Theres a lad on the photo that looks like a lad I used to work with. Ralph Sherwin. He had a bit of a stutter, great kid. Know him? Lived at handsworth I think so could be him.

Up the Blades etc. Hic.
Tetley's was passable, and sometimes good, when it was brewed in Leeds at the original brewery. This closed in 2011. "It" was brewed in the Carlsberg plant in Northampton for a few years and bore no resemblance to the real thing. Even if you like Tetley's, this wasn't actually Tetley's. A couple of years ago Leeds Brewery (a craft brewery) started brewing Tetley's. So if you've had it recently Bert, it's probably been made by a twat with a beard and tattoos. Leeds Brewery make fantastic beer (Midnight Bell is brilliant), and Tetley's is far inferior to anything else they make, past or present. However, I may be biased because I have a beard and a tattoo.

Happy birthday Bert (forgot to say).
Cocktails - Evil Eye in York, Alchemist in Chester. Very different places but excellent and original cocktails. Take it from the bearded craft beer drinker with the tattoo!😉

Back
Top Bottom