Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some great nights at Rebels back in the early 80’s
Late 80s and early 90s for me, back in the days when I had long hair. I never liked the “normal” nightclubs with their shitty music. I liked the sticky-footed dingy shithole clubs like Rebels, The Limit and The Leadmill that played rock, punk, and alternative music. Proper music.

My music tastes have broadened as I’ve got older, but I still love the stuff I listened to back then. Iron Maiden, Metallica, Anthrax, all that palaver.

Late 80s and early 90s for me, back in the days when I had long hair. I never liked the “normal” nightclubs with their shitty music. I liked the sticky-footed dingy shithole clubs like Rebels, The Limit and The Leadmill that played rock, punk, and alternative music. Proper music.

My music tastes have broadened as I’ve got older, but I still love the stuff I listened to back then. Iron Maiden, Metallica, Anthrax, all that palaver.
The Yorkshireman ,and every second Monday in the month at the Top rank for the heavy stuff. All the Greebo girls and rock chicks from Millhouses and Dore would come out ,very nice they were too.

The Yorkshireman ,and every second Monday in the month at the Top rank for the heavy stuff. All the Greebo girls and rock chicks from Millhouses and Dore would come out ,very nice they were too
Just read that The Yorkshireman is to be demolished in the next couple of weeks due to structural problems related to the building of the new Radisson hotel next to it. Another haunt gone.

Shame really, as there does seem to be a fewer pubs in Sheffield than other cities of a similar size. That said, it was a bit of dive in there and if it’s unsafe then I guess it’s the only thing to do.

It seems that the modern building next to it was more or less holding it up. Now that building has been demolished it was just a matter of time before it fell down of its own accord, hence the emergency demolition. As the footprint of the building does not come within the planning application for the hotel I assume we will see an empty plot for years, with ugly wooden buttresses shoring up the adjacent Salvation Army Citadel.

Only ever went in when it was The Penthouse & I was under age! Weds was 10p a drink night as well so was often off my nut. They used to put mattress's on the stage so any diving didn't do any damage, great times.

Just read that The Yorkshireman is to be demolished in the next couple of weeks due to structural problems related to the building of the new Radisson hotel next to it. Another haunt gone.
Dont know if I dreamt this ,but I heard it was being rebuilt in the same place .

lived in Sheffield until 1975, followed blades since 1960, great years, still follow by tv & internet wondered if anyone had any 60’s pictures of the sportsman inn Crosspool that they can post

1974-1977 - Wapentake then either Penthouse on Friday night, or terrorise some 5' 6" student into signing you into the Polytechnic heavy metal disco on Saturday night. My mate (RIP now) had a sister who worked behind the bar in the Wap, when Worthington 'E' (yes we really drank that shite) was 24p a pint. This was before the days of electronic tills. She used to serve us for 4 pints, we would give her a pound, and instead of 2 x 2p in change, we used to get 2 x 50p. Had many, many free nights in the Wap. Happy days indeed......

The Yorkshireman ,and every second Monday in the month at the Top rank for the heavy stuff. All the Greebo girls and rock chicks from Millhouses and Dore would come out ,very nice they were too.
The Roxy had Rock Night on every first Monday, then went giddy and had it on the third Monday too. Many a night being brave/stupid/drunk enough to drink the draught lager they sold.

Back
Top Bottom