Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What a gem. Excuse me for being nosey SB but is it yours and if so would or is it possible to take a peep inside? Thank you.
Just think, once upon a time you would have been asking the very same question about an entirely different type of publication. ;)

German captain looks about 70 years old!!
Didn't think of that but your dead right. Does this mean I could still pull on the boots and get over the whitewash. :D
There is another photo same year but V Sweden where he looks more of footballing age, unfortunately it would not load.

Top photo.
Picture and a thousand words comes to mind.
Some reight cricketers there, with one of my favs as a kid J H Wardle. Not only for his playing prowess but he was often out of step with the authorities, if memory serves.
Also looks like it's in the Yorkshire dressing room of the pavilion, recon that's the Bramall Lane side through the windows

Master Bate was a form teacher in our year at Abbeydale Grange in 1975-78 and I can confirm full weight twat ut not in the same league as Howard Wilkinson.
Bert was batting in the nets once without pads. Bate sent a very fast one down and cracked Bert on the shin.
A twat indeed.

Bert was batting in the nets once without pads. Bate sent a very fast one down and cracked Bert on the shin.
A twat indeed.
As my granddad always said, when I got hit by the ball, "that's why you have a bat in your hands, use it".

Back
Top Bottom