Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They moved a couple of times iirc.

Later seventies there was a really good men's clothes shop on the opposite side of King Street, just below the original Chelsea Girl shop. Do you remember that?
For the life of me I can't remember that shop at all, hopefully this will jog someone's memory. Always liked shopping at Jonathan Silver's on Pinstone Street, All kinds on Chapel Walk and Rebina.

WJC moved to there later.

Colvins, yes. The other one l first remember was Winstons on Snig Hill.

View attachment 89466

I've often wondered if anyone else would remember Winstons .

I the mid/late 50's it was the go to shop for teenagers , it being probably the only one to sell American style clothes .

I well remember going there in 1956 with a mate who bought pale grey jacket with black flecks while I bought a pair of black 'drainpipes' and a two tone shadow check shirt .

We both got a lot of attention when we wore them at our first ever rock 'n' roll dance the following week !

Happy days indeed .

For the life of me I can't remember that shop at all, hopefully this will jog someone's memory. Always liked shopping at Jonathan Silver's on Pinstone Street, All kinds on Chapel Walk and Rebina.
Was Regina the shoe shop?

Was it Trammps ? My mates wife worked in Jonathan Silvers ,i remember hearing Joe Jackson being played while I was in there and going straight down to Virgin to buy his first album.

Help required regards Friendly Streaming. If I order all 3 on my phone can I still watch it on my Telly. Thanks sure someone will know.

This has apparently come from Camden Market in London(?)

Bought for me by a piggy mate ;)

Have left the fellas card in so if anybody wants a slightly different pressi for someone that's just a bit different.

UTB

View attachment 89792
This is really interesting. Cheers.

Anyone know what the story about the addition of the D on the penalty area is? It's referred to on the left below the carriage, but says "there's not enough space - look it up". I tried looking it up but didn't find anything mentioning an actual event that resulted in its addition.

ChipButtyBlade- thanks for the 2 photos of High Hazell's park and Whitby Road. The park was our regular playground , in the 1940's. Can't recall the cafe though.Maybe, it was opened later. Wouldn't have had enough money to use it , anyway. Seem to remember a bit of a museum in that building though. The Whitby Road photo brings back memories , also, in the 1940's of our class at school being marched , every Friday afternoon ,up to Whitby Road school, from a nearby school for our weekly shower. Bit of a waste of time for me as I had my weekly bath (tin bath) on Friday's as well.

ChipButtyBlade- thanks for the 2 photos of High Hazell's park and Whitby Road. The park was our regular playground , in the 1940's. Can't recall the cafe though.Maybe, it was opened later. Wouldn't have had enough money to use it , anyway. Seem to remember a bit of a museum in that building though. The Whitby Road photo brings back memories , also, in the 1940's of our class at school being marched , every Friday afternoon ,up to Whitby Road school, from a nearby school for our weekly shower. Bit of a waste of time for me as I had my weekly bath (tin bath) on Friday's as well.
Is Whitby Road opposite where Cravens was?
I ask as from late '67 to '69 worked there whilst Cravens was splitting into two companies from manufacturing railway rolling stock to container trailers and machines to aide manufacturers, e.g. plastic moulding machine.
Visited High Hazels on many occasions late 50's and like yourself have no recollection of the cafe.

Back
Top Bottom