Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Explains the ' EJO Hemsley ' moniker he autographed my racecard with at Owlerton circa 1973.

Bumped in to him in the Betting Ring at York Races a couple of years ago , genuinely nice bloke.
Anyone spending half an hour talking football and cricket in Ted’s company would agree with that, he’s a top man..👍

I seem to remember that was the match where the infamous incident of acid being thrown at the Wendies who had the audacity to go onto the Kop.
Yes and the pennies (240 to the pound in them days) that had been sharpened on the edge were thrown.

Nice photo showing what a good venue Wembley was especially the pitch don't think there was one to touch it at this time, date 23 Oct 1963.
Few of the players, LtoR England, no.10 George Eastham, Bobby Smith, Jimmy Greaves and with Morris Norman at no. 5, not shown, indicating what a good side Spurs were at that time. Far right positionally should be Charlton. Obviously not, Terry Paine played no.7, scoring England's first goal, wonder if they switched wings for a while.
R of the W, Yashin on floor and a young Dennis Law far R., cannot recognise any more but Puskas and Di Stefano played.

Far right positionally should be Charlton. Obviously not, Terry Paine played no.7, scoring England's first goal, wonder if they switched wings for a while.

Bobby Charlton played in left wing before switching to central midfield before the 1966 WC

Bobby Charlton played in left wing before switching to central midfield before the 1966 WC
True SB, and what a waste of space he was there. If you believe the England player on the right, of the photo, to be Charlton, I'll go with that.
I don't think it is, so offered an alternative based on hair colour and body shape and who would or should be in that position during an attacking move.

I think I've still got my Test Match game somewhere. The cricket ball was a heavy ball bearing and the fielders would catch it but then topple forward because of the force and momentum of the shot😆
View attachment 86314

I had that game also .... flipping the steel ball down the chute and the piece of string behind the bat to give the ball a whack !! Great game.

Jimmy Greaves. My
I think I've still got my Test Match game somewhere. The cricket ball was a heavy ball bearing and the fielders would catch it but then topple forward because of the force and momentum of the shot😆
View attachment 86314
I use to have the old “Owzthat” hexagon shaped cricket dice. Must have been the first mobile game ever. It came everywhere with us, hours of fun for such a basic game of cricket . No charging required.

Jimmy Greaves. My

I use to have the old “Owzthat” hexagon shaped cricket dice. Must have been the first mobile game ever. It came everywhere with us, hours of fun for such a basic game of cricket . No charging required.

We actually modified the hexagon metal dice version by shaving the end of 2 school pencils and making numbers 1-6 on them - first pencil was the batsman’s score : 1 = 1 run etc, the 5 was an appeal . Roll the second pencil for decision. 1 = bowled, 2 = caught, 3= run out, 4 = lbw , 5 = no ball, 6 = not out. Hours of fun during lessons !!

Back
Top Bottom