Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Whilst tidying the house over the weekend, I came across an album of photos that I took of grounds that I visited during my first full season of watching United away matches, which was 1980/81. Sadly, all but one of the grounds no longer exist.
I'm sure that most of them will be instantly recognisable to many of you of a 'certain vintage'.....View attachment 77597View attachment 77598View attachment 77599View attachment 77600View attachment 77601
Top one Sincil bank?

No sir.
This is the only one of the five still being as a League ground.
3rd down advertising Cheshire Observer, Blades in their home kit of the time, so the home side don't play in red. Is it Stockport

Second one plough lane or manor ground? Been to both but dont recall the flats in the background?
Edit. Oxford weren't in div 4!

Last edited:
Top one Exeter? Fellows Park, Walsall in the snow
No, the first one isn’t Exeter, but you’re right with Fellows Park, Walsall. The game ended 4-4. I might be wrong, but I think we were leading for most of the game. If we’d held on, then the return fixture in May wouldn’t have been as vital as it was.....😩

Whilst tidying the house over the weekend, I came across an album of photos that I took of grounds that I visited during my first full season of watching United away matches, which was 1980/81. Sadly, all but one of the grounds no longer exist.
I'm sure that most of them will be instantly recognisable to many of you of a 'certain vintage'.....View attachment 77597View attachment 77598View attachment 77599View attachment 77600View attachment 77601
Top one is The Valley.

Yes, well done, it’s Somerton Park, Newport.
We played shockingly bad and got stuffed 4-0☹️

Must have played in the same team as Carl Bradshaw at some point if he went to City!
Carl Bradshaw's 51 so we'd have left City School before he started. To be honest I didn't know Bradders went to City.

Poor show from me but great photos and passed a couple of hours on. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom