Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fuck me that Brian Cox is multitalented.

Keyboardist, astronomer AND goalkeeper for Mansfield Town?!
Went right the way through school with Brian Cox, not the D:Ream keyboardist/Physicist or the Scottish actor, but the goalie. Played with him in the school teams at Intake then City. He was a very good footballer and cricketer - I wasn't! I used to knock around a bit with him as a kid. He had a pretty good career in football and last I heard he was a betting shop manager. Haven't seen him in years. We're both 59 next month.......but I can remember him like it was yesterday.

Went right the way through school with Brian Cox, not the D:Ream keyboardist/Physicist or the Scottish actor, but the goalie. Played with him in the school teams at Intake then City. He was a very good footballer and cricketer - I wasn't! I used to knock around a bit with him as a kid. He had a pretty good career in football and last I heard he was a betting shop manager. Haven't seen him in years. We're both 59 next month.......but I can remember him like it was yesterday.
That’s how he ended up playing for the Centre Spot got to be Blue and White playing with the Pierpoint brothers

Reactions: LSF
That’s how he ended up playing for the Centre Spot got to be Blue and White playing with the Pierpoint brothers
So who was the better player, Mick or Tony? 🙂
Occasionally see Mick, usually at funerals 😳
And I worked with Brian Cox's dad at Treeton colliery way back, lovely fellah.

Tony played up front Mick was a defender and a steady player as I remember
Spot had a little winger Gary something plenty of mouth but could play a bit.

Tony played up front Mick was a defender and a steady player as I remember
Spot had a little winger Gary something plenty of mouth but could play a bit.
Mick played up front in his early days, big, strong and quite skilful for a big lad. Tony had bags of ability and quite strong too.
Probably Gary Cahill (rip), lovely footballer, superb left foot.

Mick played up front in his early days, big, strong and quite skilful for a big lad. Tony had bags of ability and quite strong too.
Probably Gary Cahill (rip), lovely footballer, superb left foot.
Mick was at the back last time I played against him he was coming to end of his playing career so was I.
Let me in once that day and I notched side foot bottom right hand corner past Mr Cox.

Reactions: LSF
A few pics from the roof of Attercliffe Telephone Exchange on Titterton Street, just off Worksop Road.March 1984.
First below, taken over Worksop Rd towards Attercliffe Rd.

Attercliffe TE to Worksop Rd Mar 1984.jpg

Below, taken over Leeds Road and ex Brown Bayley site ( then Don Valley Stadium).
Attercliffe TE Brown Bayleys Mar 1984.jpg

Below, back towards town.
Attercliffe TE to town Mar 1984.jpg

Below, over the old baths.Attercliffe TE to Baths Mar 1984.jpg

A few pics from the roof of Attercliffe Telephone Exchange on Titterton Street, just off Worksop Road.March 1984.
First below, taken over Worksop Rd towards Attercliffe Rd.

View attachment 77507

Below, taken over Leeds Road and ex Brown Bayley site ( then Don Valley Stadium).
View attachment 77508

Below, back towards town.
View attachment 77509

Below, over the old baths.View attachment 77510

Top photo. I am presuming that the building on the right hand side is the rear of the Travellers Inn, Attercliffe Road.

Across the road is (was) Barclays Bank. My first job there in August 1973 after leaving school.

Left Barclays in April 1974 and left Sheffield.

Vowed that I wouldn't work for a bank again. I've been self employed for the past 25 years and felt that I've done nothing else but work for the bank since then.

Remarkable. I'm 99% sure that's me in the scorebox. I was 2nd team scorer from 1974 til 1981 when I started playing.

Where on earth did you find these photos ?!

Must have played in the same team as Carl Bradshaw at some point if he went to City!

I read the article and thought bollox, then I took a look at this and changed my mind.

https://www.autocubana.com/en

Is it possible for Bert to get a car into Cuba?
Cars are ridiculously expensive in Cuba due to lack of supply. The government brings in very few and when they do the prices are bonkers. It's not possible to import one privately either.

Cars are ridiculously expensive in Cuba due to lack of supply. The government brings in very few and when they do the prices are bonkers. It's not possible to import one privately either.
Screenshot_20200419_231025_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Whilst tidying the house over the weekend, I came across an album of photos that I took of grounds that I visited during my first full season of watching United away matches, which was 1980/81. Sadly, all but one of the grounds no longer exist.
I'm sure that most of them will be instantly recognisable to many of you of a 'certain vintage'.....Scan_20200420 (2).pngScan_20200420 (3).pngScan_20200420 (6).pngScan_20200420 (8).pngScan_20200420 (10).png

Back
Top Bottom