Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I saw this picture in today's Star of United players at the 1989 Lord Mayor's Parade. Which players were they?
View attachment 55071
Some of the ladies I remember that worked in the ticket office such as Donna, Marcia and maidmarion 's sister. Chico Hamilton is third from left at the bottom and TC is far right but dunno about the rest of the bottom row

hang on, is that a ramp over the rail that the hare whizzes round at a dog track?

I didn't know Watford used to have a dog track round the pitch?
Last race meeting there was in 1978. The photo was Watford 0 Blades 1 FA Cup 3rd round 1968. Tony Currie didnt understand why he got dropped from the Watford team. He wasnt aware that Watford and the Blades had agreed a deal for him to move to the Blades. He joined the Blades a few days later

had it been snowing Silent?

I thought that was straw on the ground and what with the yellow ball ... but apart from Badger, I must say, no one else seems to be feeling the cold.

had it been snowing Silent?

I thought that was straw on the ground and what with the yellow ball ... but apart from Badger, I must say, no one else seems to be feeling the cold.
I think it will just be a warm up ball. In those days the only pre match routine was a quick kick around with a few old balls before the ref brought the match ball out and blew for the captains to make the toss.

Sorry - I woke up far too early this morning, in my befuddled state - I thought Furphy was the manager, not the substitute.

Watford fans must have hated us a couple of years later, they had a great cup run and we went and hoovered up a third of the team. Currie being the first.

Sorry - I woke up far too early this morning, in my befuddled state - I thought Furphy was the manager, not the substitute.

Watford fans must have hated us a couple of years later, they had a great cup run and we went and hoovered up a third of the team. Currie being the first.
A bit like leeds and us in the sixties to eighties, whenever we had a decent player those twats bought them.

Billy Barnes replaced the injured Walter Bennett for the replay. He played only 23 games in his 3 years with us. Scored the winning goal of the final but that was his last game for us and returned to West Ham

View attachment 54808
Your knowledge of past Blades history is second to none. I’m guessing you must be a football historian?

Your knowledge of past Blades history is second to none. I’m guessing you must be a football historian?
Went to the Sheffield Library from the early 1980s to look at Morning Telegraph and Green Un reports of Blades matches from the 1970s and then I was hooked on the first 100 Years written by Denis Clareborough in 1989 and my visits to the Sheffield Library became more frequent when the back issues could be viewed on microfilm so I learned more about Blades matches from the other decades but not the war years. Since 2002 I hardly go to the library.

Back
Top Bottom