Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Have always wondered who he is. Anyone?

e0184437ccd83da946a3e2c93c3f1d14--sheffield-united-football.jpg

Have always wondered who he is. Anyone?

e0184437ccd83da946a3e2c93c3f1d14--sheffield-united-football.jpg
I did, after an educated guess through the process of elimination, give you a name some time ago. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name but believe he was a stopgap forward who only played 2 or3 league games It's on here somewhere, sorry at the moment don't have time to look but will try and get back to it.

I did, after an educated guess through the process of elimination, give you a name some time ago. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name but believe he was a stopgap forward who only played 2 or3 league games It's on here somewhere, sorry at the moment don't have time to look but will try and get back to it.
Late 1940s?

Found your answer!
Supposed D. Hawksworth photo could be a Gordon Williams,center forward,5 games no goals 1949-50 season.Soon sorted them out in those days.

Health and Safety (Insurance Compan

Health and Safety stopped all that. Mind you there's a bob or two on those steps, if they gave way Bill wouldn't be too pleased.
The Double winning side, no less.

I had a girlfriend whose father refereed a Spurs game after they did the double. She gave me a program signed by the full team. When I came to look for it, some years later, of course my parents had chucked it out.
At least five hundred quids worth down the pan.

Kevan recently had "The Florentine" or whatever it is called, at Fulwood, actually a few years ago now.

When he tried to reopen "The Limit", in the old nightclub above "Berlins", Arundel Gate, he sent me and the Mrs free membership cards

That building 'The Florentine' on Fulwood Road in the 1940's was owned by the National Coal Board.

My mum (now aged 91 and still listens to the Blades matches on Radio Sheffield) was a 16 year old working for the NCB in those offices. From those offices on February 22nd 1944 she saw a plane come down and it ended up crash landing in Endcliffe Park.

On Friday there will be a fly past over Endcliffe Park commemorating the 75th anniversary of the crash landing of the Mi Amigo.

Last edited:
Found your answer!
Thank you, for some reason I hadn't even filed it with all the other Blades photos I collect as I go along. Wrong about the goals. I believe it came down to a couple and to me he seemed the most likely so there may still be a twist in the tale. Thanks again

Ian was the eldest and a Blade Andy was Blue and White
I lived close to the cutlers as a lad and played for them when they were first formed, Ian was a blade, big blade and Andrew was indeed a Wendy but the oldest brother was called john, a blade but didn't go very often, my younger brother was at herdings and then gleadless valley in the same class as Ian, spent many,many a happy hour in the cutlers from around being a 16 year old , landlord Joe was Polish and was married to Pru, a fierce landlady who you didnt mess with, my mum worked around the corner at the old folks home "casterkayne". as a cleaner

I lived close to the cutlers as a lad and played for them when they were first formed, Ian was a blade, big blade and Andrew was indeed a Wendy but the oldest brother was called john, a blade but didn't go very often, my younger brother was at herdings and then gleadless valley in the same class as Ian, spent many,many a happy hour in the cutlers from around being a 16 year old , landlord Joe was Polish and was married to Pru, a fierce landlady who you didnt mess with, my mum worked around the corner at the old folks home "casterkayne". as a cleaner
Think this is just a slip of the finger but the old people's home was Castelayn.

Ian was the eldest and a Blade Andy was Blue and White
Think this is just a slip of the finger but the old people's home was Castelayn.
Correct ed

When I was a butchers boy way back, the woman who lived there was for want of a better word, a cougar. Middle age sexy as fuck and very friendly. Having to do a delivery to Bishops House filled me with fear and excitement. Should she have offered her favours I'd have probably run a mile, but she was top of my wank list for a long long time.

Back
Top Bottom