Oh Really, Vinicius?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tasker Rd to Cross Lane, Crookes. Did it daily as a kid, walking to King Ted’s at Crosspool. There is (or was) a dry cleaning business part way along the route, the exhaust fumes used to make your head hurt if you stood outside it too long

View attachment 167777
I was going to post about these exact ones!
Used to live on Mulehouse Rd & that was my route to Lydgate School & my Nanan’s house.
I remember the dry cleaners too - a long forgotten memory. Used to know the people who lived at the very top of the gennel in the house that goes to a point.
There’s loads of gennels in Crookes & used ‘em all in my time as a kid.
The one opposite the Noah’s Ark was a favourite as were the unmarked ones around Loxley View, Longfield & Netherfield plus the one from Lydgate Lane to the top of Forres Rd.

So long as he doesn't have an owl tattoo anywhere on his body he's ok by me.

my favourite gennil as a kid was on fox lane oppo frecheville skoyal would spend many a dinner time stood having a fag on there.
second favourite the one on top of birley spa lane leading to jermyn close knew i was nearly home after getting of the old 41 hackey flyer

I clicked on the Stir but my computer froze with Ad links , so could not learn any truths from that bible of all knowledge..

I was going to post about these exact ones!
Used to live on Mulehouse Rd & that was my route to Lydgate School & my Nanan’s house.
I remember the dry cleaners too - a long forgotten memory. Used to know the people who lived at the very top of the gennel in the house that goes to a point.
There’s loads of gennels in Crookes & used ‘em all in my time as a kid.
The one opposite the Noah’s Ark was a favourite as were the unmarked ones around Loxley View, Longfield & Netherfield plus the one from Lydgate Lane to the top of Forres Rd.
Gennels all over as you say. You can get all the way to Rivelin and beyond from Crookes. Born and bred there love the place.

Should get Dozy to take him for a pint of Guiness.

I’ve been waiting for a top 5 gennel list all my life.

5) The gennel that skirts past Rossis onto Abbeydale road from Sharrow. A classic route to the lane.

4) Frog walk. The tight gennel that takes you to cemetery road. That gennel is for hard bastards.

3) The secret gennel in nether edge from Edgedale Road to Sandford Grove.

2) The old gennel from the back of King Ecgbert school’s Wessex Building. A classic smokers gennel.

1) Jew Lane in town.

Oooh what a cracking topic this is. My personal fave is this understated beaut connecting Louth Road and Greystones Avenue. Was on my walk to school and seemed much steeper in my memory.

IMG_3618.png

I really hope Vinicius comes on here looking to see what fans think of him signing…

Not quite a gennel, but the path from Marsh Lane, Crosspool to Crookes. Spent hours down there as a kid, how I didnt get bummed I’ll never know.
There was a bike track on there wasn’t there? Allotments on the other side if I remember.

My Grandparents lived on #5.

That estate is full of gennels - it was like an escape room on that estate. 🤣🤣
That was when they were developing who areas of land. These days, the developers are just "filling in" little plots here and there, they can't put genels in because they only own that patch, and they are too tight to give up the space. And everyone is a nimby these days and dunt want people walking past their houses.

Back
Top Bottom